Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Framebuffers on Fujitsu PrimePower 250 server?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenTimJS
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Framebuffers on Fujitsu PrimePower 250 server? Reply with quote

Anyone know if any kind of sun frame buffer will work in a Fujitsu PrimePower 250 server? I've found almost no mention of people installing framebuffers in PrimePower servers on the web, though I was able to find some part numbers for Fujitsu branded framebuffers (without indication of what they were intended to work in)

The PP250 specs indicate it has plenty of PCI slots, and I currently have on hand a PGX64, a Creator3d and an Expert3dLite. I'm considering buying the PP250 from a local firm that is going under, and am doing my homework ahead of time.
chithanh
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGX64 appears to contain a normal ATI Mach64 chipset, which is supported by atyfb. For Creator3D there is an old thread here.
GenTimJS
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I meant more along the lines of if anyone knows if the hardware will support it.

I'm not aware of any reason why it wouldn't, but I've been surprised by Sparc hardware in the past.....
GenTimJS
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify, I'd be happy if the box gets me just a framebuffer console, I'm not super worried about X.

I just don't want to have to admin the box and do the initial OS install from a serial terminal.....
cb88
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supposedly you can use a regular radeon in a T2000... I intend to test it out soon. I imagine as long as the kernel supports it it should wor although I have no doubt there will be bugs due to complete lack of testing on Sparc (I read about some of these things getting fixed awhile back).
GenTimJS
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cb88 wrote:
supposedly you can use a regular radeon in a T2000... I intend to test it out soon. I imagine as long as the kernel supports it it should wor although I have no doubt there will be bugs due to complete lack of testing on Sparc (I read about some of these things getting fixed awhile back).

Have you tested this?
I'm considering getting a T2000, but I haven't seen any half-height framebuffers/vidcards that claim to be sparc compatible.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: