Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Firefox 17.0.8 playing ffmpeg2theora-0.29 regression?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Firefox 17.0.8 playing ffmpeg2theora-0.29 regression? Reply with quote

I have not tried this with any other version of Firefox except with Gentoo's Firefox-17.0.8 ebuild (two different machines/firefox builds):

I tried converting a mpeg4 from a phone video to ogg-vorbis with ffmpeg2theora-0.29. When I subsequently try to play this in Gentoo Firefox, it usually will play the first time around but subsequent times, the browser starts to choke and hang. Sometimes quitting Firefox after the ogg video hangs would leave a process behind that needs to be cleaned up with kill.

I really need to see if I have some other copy of firefox other than Gentoo to see if this is reproduceable. I wonder if anyone has seen this, is this a regression?
This coupled with that flash plugin problem makes it a very unhappy version of Firefox...

Edit: I just tested it with another stream which seems to work, I have a feeling it may be stream dependent...
The stream in question had a glitch in it, not sure how it got handled in ffmpeg2theora.

Edit again: I just found that Firefox-23.0.1 on Windows plays the stream just fine.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: