View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: I am drunk Reply with quote

..but besides that...just take a moment and relax abit....*sigh*

Ok?

I hate every bit of humanity.
I love every thing successful about it
I hate the manipulating bitches (commercials, hollywood, telia, vattenfall, my wife )

And I do love those of you making it bareable. I mean no matter what the IQ you have, to find a kind of equilibrium is my gaol...

I hope you have found it.. It is important, for me.

Besides my rant, I cannot stress enough how important it is to have a free mind. Everything has a compromization. Still, everyone besides me, thinks a free living world is possible.
[edit] I think I will quote my self on that one...
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: I am drunk Reply with quote

patrix_neo wrote:

Ok?

I hate the manipulating bitches (commercials, hollywood, telia, vattenfall, my wife )

And I do love those of you making it bareable. I mean no matter what the IQ you have, to find a kind of equilibrium is my gaol...

Besides my rant, I cannot stress enough how important it is to have a free mind. Everything has a compromization. Still, everyone besides me, thinks a free living world is possible.

Was not intended to quote myself on this one...anywhooo....
I have a story to tell...

While Gentoo is and has been my major operatingsystem as of 2003-12-18 I have to realize I am being a geezer at the same...so I have been on Fedora 19 now...

I do like it. Responive and snappy...as a fresh install usually is...like your last fresh PC with their new browser...bang, bang, bang, bang! It just works...

I don't know about Fedora, but RH do have some know-how-power..

Gentoo then?

Well - I do am a sweet cup of gelly....gentoo has been great since 2013-12-18 for me. JUST wonderfull.
Unless things change, I will be a Windows8 user. Yes, I am a USER. No I will not go back to camp, I am too old.
I do love the ride though. Wonderfull people sacrificing and learning at the same, doing us all the good.
Lots of synergies there, right? But my mind is just not up to par anymore. (Like a bin-distr will make things easier?).

No matter what your OS is, it will be difficult för that very same person. The implications are beyond a firewall/iptables...I get just fuzzy talking about iptables, or BSD ipwall ?
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: I am drunk Reply with quote

patrix_neo wrote:
.but besides that...just take a moment and relax abit....*sigh*

Ok?

I feel you man!

patrix_neo wrote:

While Gentoo is and has been my major operatingsystem as of 2003-12-18 I have to realize I am being a geezer at the same...so I have been on Fedora 19 now...

I do like it. Responive and snappy...as a fresh install usually is...like your last fresh PC with their new browser...bang, bang, bang, bang! It just works...

Gentoo then?

Well - I do am a sweet cup of gelly....gentoo has been great since 2013-12-18 for me. JUST wonderfull.
Unless things change, I will be a Windows8 user. Yes, I am a USER. No I will not go back to camp, I am too old.
I do love the ride though. Wonderfull people sacrificing and learning at the same, doing us all the good.
Lots of synergies there, right? But my mind is just not up to par anymore. (Like a bin-distr will make things easier?).

No matter what your OS is, it will be difficult för that very same person. The implications are beyond a firewall/iptables...I get just fuzzy talking about iptables, or BSD ipwall ?

I think with 10 years Gentoo experience you will be more comfortable with Gentoo or Fedora than with Windows. But besides of that:
you get comfortable - you get killed!

You shall go back to the camp! You shall never betray your ideology! :)

Linux is the only existing manifestation of the "anti manipulation bitches". If you go to Windows, you join Hollywood! The least we can do in this miserable world is to do as much good as possible!
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: I am drunk Reply with quote

patrix_neo wrote:

Ok?

Equillibrium is a karmic attachment, a clinging to illusion. My advice is: learn to swim :)
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck gnosis. Fuck the eschaton. Embrace vertigo!
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start filming.
Drink 1 litre creme de menthe.
Sit on a swivel chair and spin for about 15 minutes.
Recreate the pea soup scene from the Exorcist.
$Profit$
Greens
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that feeling.
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so hung over... stop speaking so loudly

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi

Cold is gods way to tell us to burn more Catholics
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
Start filming.
Drink 1 litre creme de menthe.
Sit on a swivel chair and spin for about 15 minutes.
Recreate the pea soup scene from the Exorcist.
$Profit$

I can attest to the fact that crème de methe vomit will freak people out.
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: I am drunk Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:

I feel you man!

patrix_neo wrote:

Gentoo then?

I think with 10 years Gentoo experience you will be more comfortable with Gentoo or Fedora than with Windows. But besides of that:
you get comfortable - you get killed!

You shall go back to the camp! You shall never betray your ideology! :)

Linux is the only existing manifestation of the "anti manipulation bitches". If you go to Windows, you join Hollywood! The least we can do in this miserable world is to do as much good as possible!

Still on influence of alcohol (pre-saturday buildup). I was just thinking while writing my rant/story with that bitching going on. I am turning into a borg...obviously.
But I ditched Fedup-oral 19 fast. A click-adventure? You bet. I tried, in this environment, to chroot to gentoo partition. Haha...fedora x64 is more like fedora 2-bit. Chrrot spouted '/bin/bash is not an executabel'

Well, the funny thing is, my old gentoo setup was multilib, so I kind of thought since fedora cannot lie of being x64, I had to reconstruct my gentoo box to go fully 64-bit...
So here I am tinkering with my gentoo x64 going from multilib to x64. Now, LoTeK, am I a borg or a nutbag?

I am now on Linux Mint Cinnamon and was so pleased I donated a fortune of 30eur.

I will still have a hard time slipping the grip of my gentoo. It has to crash my harddrive before I go off it I guess.

Rightnow I am in gentoo, trying to correct the compile error: 'gcc cannot create executabels' when emerging.
Have a good night. I know I wont.
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drink more, we could always use more pissed posts

LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrix_neo wrote:
But I ditched Fedup-oral 19 fast. A click-adventure? You bet. I tried, in this environment, to chroot to gentoo partition. Haha...fedora x64 is more like fedora 2-bit. Chrrot spouted '/bin/bash is not an executabel'

I haven't used fedora a long time, but with Mint chrooting is not a problem. If I don't install gentoo with a minimal install cd, I always use Mint with Cinnamon. I think fedora is just an area 51 for redhat enterprise linux, so it's not of interest for me...

patrix_neo wrote:
So here I am tinkering with my gentoo x64 going from multilib to x64. Now, LoKi, am I a borg or a nutbag?

I'd say a lost borg :D
and you should say "We are tinkering".
I think only if you are feeling like an idiot you are making progress, because otherwise you wouldn't go far enough. For example there are those "genius" that are good in mathematics, but only the stuff they have in school. So if they don't learn advanced stuff, they are just idiots while those "non-genius" become better, exactly because they have a hard time.

patrix_neo wrote:
I am now on Linux Mint Cinnamon and was so pleased I donated a fortune of 30eur.

++

gentoo / LFS (or debian, openBSD) when you are serious, Linux Mint when you are a user!

patrix_neo wrote:
Rightnow I am in gentoo, trying to correct the compile error: 'gcc cannot create executabels' when emerging.
Have a good night. I know I wont.

I'm struggling with that error in LFS. annoying, but it feels great when you solve such a problem...
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:

++
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:

And you can keep abuse original post you obviously do not want to read.
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:

I haven't used fedora a long time, but with Mint chrooting is not a problem. If I don't install gentoo with a minimal install cd, I always use Mint with Cinnamon. I think fedora is just an area 51 for redhat enterprise linux, so it's not of interest for me...

*burp* Right on!

LoTeK wrote:

I think only if you are feeling like an idiot you are making progress, because otherwise you wouldn't go far enough. For example there are those "genius" that are good in mathematics, but only the stuff they have in school. So if they don't learn advanced stuff, they are just idiots while those "non-genius" become better, exactly because they have a hard time.

I've felt like an idiot all my life. What is great though, I do seldom quit (like the rat baning it's head against a metaldoor trying to pass it), and go the long haul and in the process usually get to a better understanding. And...those geniouses, well, you do need to know how to tap their potential. For the sake of mankind :roll:

LoTeK wrote:

patrix_neo wrote:

++

gentoo / LFS (or debian, openBSD) when you are serious, Linux Mint when you are a user!

Yep. That was my initial standpoint for changing dist...but with every binary dist I have tried, before and after gentoo, it is a mess. I've got startup error messages on my usb-drive (Leica) now. Everything works as it should, but it is just wrong. There is something I just hate, and only had to deal with on gentoo because of my own mistakes. That is why I thought - Binary dists! Now I will be safe!
Still, I feel like I am having a stroke each time the profiles' USE-flag change, the OpenRC have to adopt new changes to systemd, etc. To do what basically I have done to accomplish the same thing in a completely different manner is to me not progress. I want to make things too. Write, paint or program now and then.

LoTeK wrote:

I'm struggling with that error in LFS. annoying, but it feels great when you solve such a problem...

Absolutely. And I mostly do, in a metric sens of time...No spoilers, thank you
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrix_neo wrote:
cokehabit wrote:

No, I was being sincere. The forums get boring, I often post pissed so you should drink more because it's fun

patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
patrix_neo wrote:
cokehabit wrote:

No, I was being sincere. The forums get boring, I often post pissed so you should drink more because it's fun

Ah, sorry. My english aren't that good. pissed, drunk - connecting. Uh...thank you
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrix_neo wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
patrix_neo wrote:
cokehabit wrote:

Ah, sorry. My english aren't that good. pissed, drunk - connecting. Uh...thank you
:D Don't worry mate, shit happens

patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
patrix_neo wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
patrix_neo wrote:
cokehabit wrote:

:D Don't worry mate, shit happens

Oh yes, shit do happen, on so many levels. It's not even, well it is funny at times.
Like when 03.30am was hungry and felt like, lets boil some egg. Well, the water boiled, and the eggs got in the pot.
4-7 minutes later I was asleep, the ring rang about 6-3 minutes later and I was still asleep. Woke up next morning with eggshells in the ceiling and a pot to metal recykling.
So shit do happen. :)
Just had to extrapolate/stretch it abit.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never come home and cook drunk. Pick something up on the way home. That way, you won't set the house on fire, and if you pass out and choke on what you're eating, somebody is more likely to save you. Also, it's better to puke in the street than in your bed.
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, kebabs are the way to go!

Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:

Except if you stumble, you can end up with the stick through the back of your neck. At least with a Stromboli, all you can do is gag on it (and on a really cold night, you can tuck it inside your jacket and it will keep you warm).
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
cokehabit wrote:

Except if you stumble, you can end up with the stick through the back of your neck. At least with a Stromboli, all you can do is gag on it (and on a really cold night, you can tuck it inside your jacket and it will keep you warm).
:lol: Have you ever had a kebab?

Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
cokehabit wrote:

:lol: Have you ever had a kebab?

Yes, and I know they come in a pita or whatever if you bought it on the street or you're eating it on the run, rather than en brochette, so to speak. I was trying to convey a humorous image.
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Never come home and cook drunk. Pick something up on the way home. That way, you won't set the house on fire, and if you pass out and choke on what you're eating, somebody is more likely to save you. Also, it's better to puke in the street than in your bed.

Puke in a fryingpan...recycle!

I just had to do a fillerin here...I overcame the gcc error not making executables. Another victory for me. Yay me...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: