Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
More Black Entitlement to Violence
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've already got one topic for this idiocy: do we really need another?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 655
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only idiocy in this thread is coming from a dishonest bet welcher.
_________________
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratmonkey wrote:
Muso wrote:
The murder was racially motivated and committed by a pair of racist thugs.


I've poked around the web looking for information on this case, and outside of personal opinions on (mostly conservative) blogs and op-ed pieces, I can't find any real information about the motivation for this crime. Several of the articles did make mention of the two losers conspiring in advance to rob someone. The police chief in the case came did hold a press conference where he stated that the crime was not racially motivated. Beyond that there's very little information out there that I can find.

Take note - I'm not saying this wasn't racially motivated. I'm just saying that I don't have enough information to make an informed decision. I'm curious to know what source you are using since you seem so certain.

Calling for this to be labeled or investigated as a hate crime is not racist. But plenty of other shit in this thread is...

I myself never said this particular case was a hate crime. However, if we treat it like the Zimmerman-Martin incident was treated, then we MUST jump to the conclusion that it was. Zimmerman, who was an upstanding citizen who had voluntarily gone out of his way and put himself in jeopardy before to help black people, was automatically accused of a racist act by a white man, to the point of the manipulation and distortion of evidence by the media to create that impression, despite the actual evidence (cell phone dialog) showing the incident was a racially-motivated attack by a young black man on an Hispanic man. So now here we've got two young black men who beat an old white man to death, and suddenly everybody has sprouted a brain and wants to bend over backward not to make such hasty conclusions?

While that may be a good sign that people have learned their lesson, I'm skeptical that is just routine PC Brigade caution about going overboard to cut African Americans as much slack as possible, and you'll forgive me if I roll my eyes at the apparent hypocrisy.

In any case, this kind of violence against a senior citizen is considered intent to murder, because reasonable people know it's quite likely to kill them. So these guys should be charged with murder one, even if they claim it was merely their intent to rob him and they beat him (without intent to kill) because he resisted. Murder in the first. Since they both have substantial criminal records, they should be tried as adults.

While I don't like wswartzendruber's thread title (the use of the word "entitlement" blurs the issue), I think the point here is that the NAACP's, Sharpton's, and even Obama's ridiculous fabrication in the Zimmerman case was partially, "Ooh, look at the little boy, he's just a boy (who looks like me), how can you say he could do something like this?", when in reality, young black males exactly Trayvon Martin's age, disposition, background and appearance are killing people all over America on a daily basis, to the point that it's a problem of epidemic scale. This was just one example.

So not only is there a problem that needs to be addressed, rather than swept under the carpet by the PC Brigade, but that ridiculous fabrication was indeed really fucking ridiculous. And, there's absolutely nothing racist about pointing this out.


Last edited by Bones McCracker on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pantsonfire wrote:
Muso wrote:
pantsonfire wrote:
Crimes like this don't normally make the news do they?


Why don't they?


Have you any idea how many murders are committed per year? If there isn't an angle they won't become major news stories. The Zimmurderman "angle" was an innocent kid being killed on his way home from a local shop but no police action taken (initially). No-one believed that the same would have happened if a "respectable" white kid had been murdered.

If the suspect in the Delbert Belton killing claims self-defense and they let him go, then we'll talk.

You show me a respected mulatto man who has gone out of his way to help Hispanics before, who has been trained by the police and invited by the police to participate as a leader in community watch programs, who while out patrolling his recently burglarized neighborhood, has been savagely assaulted and beaten by a violent young Hispanic man who had just been on the phone saying, "ay, Esse, some sneaky-ass chupacabra nigger ees folloween me", who is a druggie, who acts like a gang-banger, has been thrown out of his own home by his own mother, has been expelled from his school for violence, and who is suspected of being a burglar by the cops in his hometown, and you show me the NAAWP or Stormfront.org and David Duke gaining widespread and unjustifiable media support for the racist idea that the "black" man must have hunted and down and murdered the innocent "white" kid... and then we'll talk. :roll:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1217
Location: Jefferson, USA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall saying anywhere that this should be prosecuted as a hate crime, or that it was even racially motivated. I've just noticed a disturbing willingness on the left to forgive violence if it comes from blacks towards other ethnicities. But let a white, hispanic, or asian commit violence against a black person, for whatever reason, and you've got a damned fiasco on your hands.

Why is that? Are they entitled to act like this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. If they weren't black I bet they'd have been arrested in oh a couple of days or so and charged with 1st degree murder.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1217
Location: Jefferson, USA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said the left and the mainstream press ignore it, not the authorities.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16090
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: Delbert Benton and Christopher Lane Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Delbert Benton and Christopher Lane Hate Crimes Show a Massive Racial Divide in America
Merged. Thread wasn't easy to find since there was no summary or article title provided.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pantsonfire wrote:
Yeah. If they weren't black I bet they'd have been arrested in oh a couple of days or so and charged with 1st degree murder.

You bet your ass they would have been. And if a gun had been involved, the national media would have been fapping all over it.

Did you read the article at the link above that pjp just merged in. I think that author summed up the problem pretty well.
Quote:
By failing to provide the same coverage to the Belton and Lane cases as they did to the Trayvon Martin case, the media is sending the message that they don't care about the elderly or veterans, and they do not care about student-athletes from other countries. It's hard to say what they do care about. If it's just ratings, they have a funny way of showing it, as ratings for traditional media continue to decline. A lot of it has to do with relentless and false publicity for loud-mouthed politicians, and yet more to do with repetitive and false coverage that suits individual political or social agendas. It's a shame they keep leaving common decency on the cutting room floor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trayvon Martin's murder became a big story because his killer was questioned briefly and then set free. It touched a nerve with every single black parent in the land most of whom have experienced profiling themselves and who are fearful of their own children suffering summary justice after being found guilty of being black and at large.

Delbert Benton's case is not like that. His killers were caught swiftly and charged with murder. Everything is proceeding as we'd hope it would and there is no story beyond the everyday tragedy of another murder. I'd suggest that the people who truly don't care are the ones trying to exploit his death for a cheap shot at "the left". We may not get hard every time someone waves a flag but that doesn't mean nobody cares.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
secretcorporation
n00b
n00b


Joined: 09 Dec 2004
Posts: 71
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
Wow. Just wow! Not what I see in the US but what I see one these forums. You should be ashamed of yourselves

You're the one who should be ashamed of yourself, for being a PC Brigade ass-puppet afraid to speak the truth (or perhaps incapable of even recognizing it to begin with).

What's being pointed out here is the dual standard being employed by our liberal media and government. We go apeshit over one supposedly racist crime that was in fact neither racist nor a crime, because the supposed "victim" was a young black man, and the supposed perpetrator was supposedly white, and that's what our politically opportunist sheep-herders told us we should do (go apeshit). Meanwhile, those same politically opportunist and PC Brigade dominated sheep herders hypocritically ignore and do nothing about the actual racist violence that's going on around us day in and day out on a scale that's a very real problem (a problem so big that it blows US murder rates up to levels comparable with the third world), the vast majority of which is being perpetrated by young black men exactly like our supposedly innocent little baby victim in the other case.

It's a pack of lies, and there is nothing wrong with somebody pointing out the truth. They showed us pictures of the innocent-looking little boy. Well there's some more pictures of innocent-looking little boys who just committed horrible acts of violence, and it happens every, fucking, day and doesn't make the national news once because it's not politically convenient.


I find myself agreeing with you, how fucked up is that? I haven't seen Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton campaigning for the civil rights of that poor old fella. Murder is murder, it's just as horrible regardless of the skin colors involved.
_________________
In the land of the free you are only one party away from dictatorship at any time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an idiotic statement but I guess par for the course for the thread. Why wouldn't a civil rights activist campaign about a murder which had nothing to do with civil rights? Gee I guess we'll never know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
secretcorporation
n00b
n00b


Joined: 09 Dec 2004
Posts: 71
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pantsonfire wrote:
That's an idiotic statement but I guess par for the course for the thread. Why wouldn't a civil rights activist campaign about a murder which had nothing to do with civil rights? Gee I guess we'll never know.


Only black people are entitled to civil rights? You're a tool :roll:
_________________
In the land of the free you are only one party away from dictatorship at any time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1217
Location: Jefferson, USA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

secretcorporation wrote:
Murder is murder, it's just as horrible regardless of the skin colors involved.

Good. Now we need that mentality to proliferate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys getting paid by the word for stupid-ass comments? You'll have more money than you know what to do with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 655
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pantsonfire wrote:
It touched a nerve with every single black parent in the land most of whom have experienced profiling themselves and who are fearful of their own children suffering summary justice after being found guilty of being black and at large.


Bullshit, Mr. Sharpton.

My next door neighbors are black, and they thought Martin was thug who attacked the wrong guy.
_________________
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame the only counter to the flag waving, gun toting, right on this forum appears to be a really ignorant socialist with no idea how to form a decent argument. Oh well. As you were gentlemen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pantsonfire wrote:
That's an idiotic statement but I guess par for the course for the thread. Why wouldn't a civil rights activist campaign about a murder which had nothing to do with civil rights? Gee I guess we'll never know.

I guess you'd have to ask him why he was flapping his lips about the Trayvon Martin death then, because that had absolutely nothing to do with civil rights either, and if you think it did, then you don't even know what "civil rights" means.

If David Duke were to go on a rant that these young black men killed this old man out of racist spite because they heard he had fought a racist war of aggression against non-white peoples, and that it was therefore a hate crime and a "civil rights case", or that their mothers should be arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit murder, because they "obviously" put their children up to it, and that the local police force's failure to arrest the mothers for it is an egregious, racist, anti-white conspiracy, does that suddenly make it a "civil rights" case? That would be even more legitimate and evidence-based than the so-called "civil rights" wanking by the NAACP and Al Sharpton surrounding the Martin death, because while there's no evidence of racism in either case, in this one there's at least the criminal records of these two little bastards, who also have no history of social work and altruistic self-sacrifice helping the very race they're being accused of killing. So... full... of... shit!

If David Duke (and all the media) were to show up and start ranting that, this would convince you it's a "civil rights case"? Apparently it would, because that's the exact parallel of what you've believed in the other case. Either that, or you're racist or otherwise brain damaged by some kind of ideology that has caused you to forego any and all sense of rationality for a blind adherence to your prejudice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
It's a shame the only counter to the flag waving, gun toting, right ...

How do you figure people bitching about their government to be "flag-waving"? Oh, and in case you hadn't noticed, guns weren't even an issue in this case. Moreover, what's anything in this case got to do with right or left? That sounds like a knee-jerk, prejudiced stereotype to me. Bigot much? What the fuck, dude. :?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:
It's a shame the only counter to the flag waving, gun toting, right ...

How do you figure people bitching about their government to be "flag-waving"? Oh, and in case you hadn't noticed, guns weren't even an issue in this case. Moreover, what's anything in this case got to do with right or left? That sounds like a knee-jerk, prejudiced stereotype to me. Bigot much? What the fuck, dude. :?
Firstly, chill. Secondly, the thread appears to be brow beating by you and your followers against the poor excuse for a Trotskyist that is pantsonfire. That was my point. There is no counter to any of the arguments, right or wrong, brought by you and your like minded brethren. That's how it seems to me, anyway.

The only voice with any semblance of balance is wswartzendruber, which would be surprising if it wasn't for the fact that I believe he doesn't run to the internet every time he is challenged to learn new rhetoric to bore an opponent into submission.

In any case, your view is the one that matters, which would explain the need to produce a paragraph of dribbly regurgitated internet research when a sentence of reply might suffice.

And I'm spent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 655
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
And I'm spent.


Been using that robot, 'eh?
_________________
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:
And I'm spent.


Been using that robot, 'eh?
The "Daryl Hannah 5000" model.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
Muso wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:
And I'm spent.


Been using that robot, 'eh?
The "Daryl Hannah 5000" model.

You mean the Nexus-6 'Pris'? She was hot, back in the day. Now she's menopausal. :?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:
Muso wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:
And I'm spent.


Been using that robot, 'eh?
The "Daryl Hannah 5000" model.

You mean the Nexus-6 'Pris'? She was hot, back in the day. Now she's menopausal. :?
Yeah, but immortalised on film. I'd probably much rather the mermaid from Splash, but the mystery there is finding the front bottom.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
It's a shame the only counter to the flag waving, gun toting, right on this forum appears to be a really ignorant socialist with no idea how to form a decent argument. Oh well. As you were gentlemen.


Bad doggie. Sit!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum