View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShinyDoofy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Moving maximized windows with kwin-4.11 across monitors Reply with quote

Hey there,

ever since booting KDE 4.11 and thus kwin 4.11, I can't seem to move maximized windows properly anymore.

With 4.10, I would hold ALT and just grab a window any place, yank my cursor past the screen border and it'd appear on the other monitor. Maximized and all. With 4.11, however, I can now move maximized windows "gradually" on a per pixel basis after some initial clipping distance and drop them in the middle of both monitors... or any other place for that matter. See the attached screenshot and the window decoration clearly showing Dolphin as maximized.
http://abload.de/img/kwinfysu6.jpg

Does anyone know if that's a new feature of some sort? I'm likely to open a bug with KDE directly, but I'd love some input whether other people running multiple monitors are seeing the same behavior or if there's some way to fix any way.

For reference's sake:
2 24" screens, 1x HDMI, 1x DVI-D
nVIDIA GT240, proprietary drivers, 325.08
KDE 4.11
Kernel 3.9.0 vanilla.

/edit: Cloned the kde-workspace git repo. Turns out this indeed was introduced with 4.11 as the 4.10.5 tag doesn't show this behavior. I'll run git bisect to see if I can identify the offending commit.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: