Password prompt doesn't show up on login
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cynapsis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Password prompt doesn't show up on login Reply with quote

Hello there,

I've got a really strange problem here.

I'm trying to login into my system after a bios update. The system boots nicely and everything seems to be fine until I have to enter my username and password.

I'm using slim as login manager and when I enter my username it works well, then I press enter and nothing happens anymore. It doesn't switch to the password and I can't do anything else in slim anymore.

I've also tried to login into shell. It shows up the prompt for username, but when I press return after entering my username it just wraps into a new line and well, I can start to write a novel there because everything shows up what I type but the prompt for the password never shows up.

So um, does anybody know a solution for that problem? I really don't know where to start looking for one at the moment.
Any help is appreciated ^^

bb Lia
Maitreya
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe there is a problem connecting to PAM. Could you chroot into your system with a live/install/rescue cd and check the logs what happened at that time?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: