crossdev and qemu (user)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harrisonmetz
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: crossdev and qemu (user) Reply with quote

Hello, I'm trying to build some arm executables for to run under qemu system. I installed the 'arm-unknown-linux-gnu' via crossdev. Then I wrote a sample "hello world" program. I then compiled it. I verified it was arm using 'file'. Finally, I installed qemu. To run the program I did:

qemu-arm a.out

However, it said it could not load the interpreter. After looking around I saw the '/usr/arm-unkown-linux-gnu' directory and ran

qemu-arm -L /usr/arm-unkown-linux-gnu a.out

and then got the message it can't load libgcc_s.so.1 . After search I found this file in /usr/lib64/gcc/arm-unknown-linux-gnu/4.4.2/ . I copied it (along with libgcc_s.so) to just /usr/arm-unknown-linux-gnu and ran the command above. This worked.

I'm wondering if anyone else doing cross compiling has come across this issue? It wasn't too frustrating to resolve, but it shouldn't need to be this way. Any thoughts on how people do cross compiling?
okias
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same issue. I can confirm.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: