Finding which files I've changed on an installed package
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potuz
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Finding which files I've changed on an installed package Reply with quote

Hello list. Instead of bundling a new package I changed directly some perl modules on the root trew a few years ago (some minor things). All these files where instlaled by dev-perl/Finance-Quote. Is there a way of finding out which are these files I've changed? I somehow seem to remember that gentoolkit was able to do this. In this particular case I can extract the package and compare files, but in general, if I am to check files changed on an installation, is that possible?

EDIT: I guess I should've asked directly if the result of
Code:
equery check Finance-Quote
are the only files changed?

Thanks.
dol-sen
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, equery check reports any files installed by the pkg which do not match the md5sum or mtime of the installed package. You will have to check which files you actually modified for yourself. You will also have to figure out what changes were made from the original.
potuz
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dol-sen wrote:
Yes, equery check reports any files installed by the pkg which do not match the md5sum or mtime of the installed package. You will have to check which files you actually modified for yourself. You will also have to figure out what changes were made from the original.

Thanks, with that equery command and a simple diff over the original sources I found my changes. I wasn't sure if there could be some more... This took me a couple of hours to figure out but decided to do my own ebuild so that the next time I need to upgrade (which could be many years from now anyway) it's not so problematic. I'm not sure if it was worth my time given that this happens every once in a few years.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: