Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Wimbledon Final: Djokovic v Murray Who will win?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Djokovic or Murray
Djokovic
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Murray
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Wimbledon Final: Djokovic v Murray Who will win? Reply with quote

Just a quick poll to see who we think will win

Last edited by Butts McCokey on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm voting Djokovic, cos I am not objective.

P.S. what are we talking about anyway, tennis?
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:

yeah, Wimbledon final tomorrow
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
Prenj wrote:

Aha! Haven't really followed tennis since Boris Becker and Ivan Lendl days :oops:
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djokovic
Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im voting for Djokovic.
While murray is good (that rally last night was epic!) this is Wimbledon, this is the final, this is the UK media and a UK crowd...

While murray has been to a wimbledon final, he hasn't been there that often. What once before... thing is a few weeks later after that he won olympic gold at the exact same court against the exact same player...

Wimbledon atmosphere and the national pressure just does something to British players at that damn court.
A free press is the unsleeping guardian of every other right that free men prize; it is the most dangerous foe of tyranny. Where men have the habit of liberty, the Press will continue to be the vigilant guardian of the rights of the ordinary citizen.
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
Prenj wrote:

Aha! Haven't really followed tennis since Boris Becker and Ivan Lendl days :oops:
Lendl coaches Murray
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
im voting for Djokovic.
While murray is good (that rally last night was epic!) this is Wimbledon, this is the final, this is the UK media and a UK crowd...

While murray has been to a wimbledon final, he hasn't been there that often. What once before... thing is a few weeks later after that he won olympic gold at the exact same court against the exact same player...

Wimbledon atmosphere and the national pressure just does something to British players at that damn court.
Just remember Murray hasn't lost a match on grass since last year's final
Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not lost since the final that is correct, but he has dropped one match since the grass season started.
Its a good record and from a purely technical point of view I would say murray, but factor in the atmosphere and what the papers & news are going to be like over the next 24h ... its another factor to. right now the usual suspects in british media are going on "its been 77years since a british male has won wimbledon" ... yes thats just what you need going into this match AND if he wins it and I really hope he will, it will be the biggest win of his life
A free press is the unsleeping guardian of every other right that free men prize; it is the most dangerous foe of tyranny. Where men have the habit of liberty, the Press will continue to be the vigilant guardian of the rights of the ordinary citizen.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Wimbledon Final: Djokovic v Murray Who will win? Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:

The victor.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the host.

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Wimbledon Final: Djokovic v Murray Who will win? Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
cokehabit wrote:

The victor.
He isn't playing. It's Andy and Novak
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djokovic, but mainly because I haven't kept up with either since last year. A lot depends on how much Murray has improved, or learned (experience). From a purely technical standpoint, Djokovic seems to have the edge.

Djokovic is probably the first player since Sampras that I wanted to see win, but can't say as I'm a fan. Not too familiar with Murray, though he seems decent enough.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The balls.
Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Djokovic, but mainly because I haven't kept up with either since last year. A lot depends on how much Murray has improved, or learned (experience). From a purely technical standpoint, Djokovic seems to have the edge.

Djokovic is probably the first player since Sampras that I wanted to see win, but can't say as I'm a fan. Not too familiar with Murray, though he seems decent enough.

since sampras oO impying you wanted to see sampras win. Sampras was the reason I stopped following tennis, he was good, he won BUT such a boring player to watch
petrjanda
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to think Murray will do it. Don't like Djokovic. Boring tennis player with the best defensive skills currently. It's all ground strokes, no variety.
There is, a not-born, a not-become, a not-made, a not-compounded. If that unborn, not-become, not-made, not-compounded were not, there would be no escape from this here that is born, become, made and compounded. - Gautama Siddharta
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:

You didn't like Federer? I thought he was great
petrjanda
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
pjp wrote:

I thought that was also surprising since Djokovic's boring baseline play is contrary to Pete's great all-court tennis. If anything, Federer is the better Sampras because their game is similar.
There is, a not-born, a not-become, a not-made, a not-compounded. If that unborn, not-become, not-made, not-compounded were not, there would be no escape from this here that is born, become, made and compounded. - Gautama Siddharta
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

petrjanda wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
pjp wrote:

I thought that was also surprising since Djokovic's boring baseline play is contrary to Pete's great all-court tennis. If anything, Federer is the better Sampras because their game is similar.
Federer was quite simply the greatest player ever to pick up a tennis racquet
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djokovic. Murray is too white and British-looking. You've got have a little Moor or Turk or something going on.
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Djokovic. Murray is too white and British-looking. You've got have a little Moor or Turk or something going on.
He wasn't too white to win the US Open though
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
He wasn't too white to win the US Open though

Somebody gave Djokovic a special cucumber salad the night before. Isn't this the first decent player from the UK in about a hundred years or something?
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
since sampras oO impying you wanted to see sampras win. Sampras was the reason I stopped following tennis, he was good, he won BUT such a boring player to watch
I didn't find him boring, so that must be the difference. He got into numerous good rallies and tough matches, and his technical ability to execute shots was amazing. His running forehand was beautiful.

cokehabit wrote:
Around the time of Sampras' retirement, there wasn't anyone compelling that I can think of, so I mainly just quit paying attention. I could never get interested in either Federer or Nadal, though both are very good. During this years French Open final, I was rooting for Ferrer, but I think that was mainly because I don't like Nadal. I'd like to see Ferrer in some more matches to see if I actually like him :D.

For historical reference, I hated McEnroe and his antics. I thought it was poor sportsmanship. Similarly Andre Agassi. I appreciated Agassi toward the end of his career when he stopped acting like a punk. Also Connors. Ivan Lendl was my favorite player of the era, but he never quite managed to get the hang of playing at the net.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok now its interesting
his service game for the match
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djokovic, getting kicked, REFUSES TO DIE!!! 8O Amazing tennis
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: