View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Iron Mike Tyson: training and knockouts Reply with quote

Iron Mike Tyson]

mark my words:

I will watch this video every morning and I will train like him! I will keep my discipline! If I don't you all can call my pussy faggot and I will send a request to the mods that my new nickname is "pussy faggot".

btw you all should remember three names:

cus d'amato

floyd patterson

mike tyson
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never forget him. Best boxer I've seen fight. Went to shit when D'Amato died
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jap. it's a shame that d'amato died.

moreover it's a shame that tyson fucked with king. too bad! but anyway, I always hated box fights, they are soooo boring. but tyson fights are interesting, like his character...
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyson was made boxing interesting. The same can be said of Paterson (ever seen how hard it is to actually hit hat guy? He's slippery, like an owl).

But in general, MMA has killed my respect of boxing outside of a few fighters.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't stand the soundtrack, so I watched this one instead. I'm not sure what is surreal about it, but if you watch nothing else, watch at 2:27. OMG.

EDIT:

Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson on same talk show - P1 (rare)

Ali is awesome in the interview. The condition / brain injury is truly amazing, given that he's still able to be sharp, albeit slow.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Tyson was made boxing interesting. The same can be said of Paterson (ever seen how hard it is to actually hit hat guy? He's slippery, like an owl).

What has surprised me how much basic boxing and wrestling you see in MMA. When UFC made it popular, I expected it evolve into some combination of kick-boxing, judo, and krav maga or the like, but you see more boxing and wrestling technique than anything else.

If anything, MMA has diminished my respect for Asian martial arts, except for Ju Jitsu and Judo.

As to Tyson, he's convicted rapist and a wife beater with an IQ of about 80. He might be a prize specimen of 19th century North Carolina breeding stock and an excellent boxer, but I consider anyone an admirable athlete unless they're a good role model. You want to watch a recording of him, watch him get his ass knocked out by Buster Douglas, or watch him bite Holyfield's ear. You can see Tyson now, working as an object of ridicule on Comedy Central roasts.
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It only takes a punch to knock someone out and it doesn't have to be a carefully choreographed punch. Just one random one will do.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Douglas wore his ass out and hurt him over the course of ten rounds, taking many of Tyson's blows, including a savage uppercut that put him on his back. By the final round, Douglas was ahead. He then battered Tyson into a fog with a sustained attack and several combinations, ultimately knocking him out. It was no lucky punch.

Last edited by Bones McCracker on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't responding to the Douglas fight. That was a general statement as to what happens in a fight.

As far as Douglas and Tyson are concerned, having not seen the fight, all I can say is they were evenly matched/tough.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Iron Mike Tyson: training and knockouts Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
I will watch this video every morning and I will train like him! I will keep my discipline! If I don't you all can call my pussy faggot and I will send a request to the mods that my new nickname is "pussy faggot".

Do you want to be spanked as well? :lol:
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Iron Mike Tyson: training and knockouts Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
LoTeK wrote:

:lol:

It won't help. He's not going to do it. He won't even get started.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Iron Mike Tyson: training and knockouts Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Prenj wrote:
LoTeK wrote:

It won't help. He's not going to do it. He won't even get started.

I know, it was very freudian of him. :lol:
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Muso wrote:

What has surprised me how much basic boxing and wrestling you see in MMA. When UFC made it popular, I expected it evolve into some combination of kick-boxing, judo, and krav maga or the like, but you see more boxing and wrestling technique than anything else.

If anything, MMA has diminished my respect for Asian martial arts, except for Ju Jitsu and Judo.

As to Tyson, he's convicted rapist and a wife beater with an IQ of about 80. He might be a prize specimen of 19th century North Carolina breeding stock and an excellent boxer, but I consider anyone an admirable athlete unless they're a good role model. You want to watch a recording of him, watch him get his ass knocked out by Buster Douglas, or watch him bite Holyfield's ear. You can see Tyson now, working as an object of ridicule on Comedy Central roasts.

Anderson Silva is arguably even more amazing fighter, and he's not a brain damaged idiot, but a decent human being.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Iron Mike Tyson: training and knockouts Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
I know, it was very freudian of him. :lol:

"Pull my hair. Call me a slut!" :lol:
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Muso wrote:

UFC seems to have devolved from early on. I watched Royce Garcie's (he wins in just under a minute) matches, and he was pretty amazing. (Not good for theatrics, as he was primarily a grappler.) If I'm not mistaken, most of his matches were pretty quick, though not necessarily all under a minute :). I don't think I've seen him not in control of a match, more just a matter of how much punishment his opponent was willing to endure.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also this might come as shock to some of you but professional fights are generally fixed.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
Also this might come as shock to some of you but professional fights are generally fixed.

I don't believe you.
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:

Next you will be telling us professional wrestling is fake.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
Anderson Silva is arguably even more amazing fighter, and he's not a brain damaged idiot, but a decent human being.

++

Watching Anderson Silva fight is like hearing Glenn Gould play Bach. He's a true genius.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Prenj wrote:

++

Watching Anderson Silva fight is like hearing Glenn Gould play Bach. He's a true genius.

Well, until last night, at least. :lol:
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made an ass of himself, Brazilian style.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Made an ass of himself, Brazilian style.

Yeh, he was more afraid of losing the image of himself (which was never true) than getting knocked out like a silly moose.
Props to the Weidman kid, he wasn't intimidated and took it. All is good :)
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I was a fanatical kungfu / asian martial arts fan and I still think it would be superior than boxing, but only if you train 20 years and everyday with real fight situations, but in the western world (maybe in asia too) most people just train their kata's two times a week, whereas boxer do fights in the ring and get beaten if they don't block good enough, therefore boxing is probably more realistic.

Quote:

you do know that tyson's management supported and created the image of the "bad black street fighter"? and you do know that if a woman says: "meh I was raped by this bad black ghetto nigger" and if the ghetto nigger says: "no I didn't" the whole world believes the woman?

besides of this, this has nothing to do with his boxing skills. I hate it when people say: "tyson would have beaten ali" or "ali would have beaten tyson" etc, but it's save to say that tyson was one of the greatest boxer ever. He was a heavyweight boxer with the strength of a heavyweight champion and had the speed and agility of a lightweight fighter. very nice combination!

moreover often people that don't understand fighting say "meh, the bigger the better", "meh he is bigger so he wins" and tyson was mostly at least one head smaller than his opponents and beat them!

for the IQ stuff: there isn't any standardization and even hawking said that IQ-tests are for loosers...

btw:
I've started my training, so you still can call me LoTeK baby :P
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
Quote:

you do know that tyson's management supported and created the image of the "bad black street fighter"? and you do know that if a woman says: "meh I was raped by this bad black ghetto nigger" and if the ghetto nigger says: "no I didn't" the whole world believes the woman?

besides of this, this has nothing to do with his boxing skills. I hate it when people say: "tyson would have beaten ali" or "ali would have beaten tyson" etc, but it's save to say that tyson was one of the greatest boxer ever. He was a heavyweight boxer with the strength of a heavyweight champion and had the speed and agility of a lightweight fighter. very nice combination!

The woman who accused him of rape was also black, and was highly credible. No means no. Besides, there actually is a connection between his violence toward women and his boxing, because Tyson beat his wife (who was herself a celebrity and everybody knew about it).

You started your training? What did you do, 10 pushups and walk around the block humming "Eye of the Tiger" to yourself? I predict this lasts two weeks. :P
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The woman who accused him of rape was also black, and was highly credible. No means no. Besides, there actually is a connection between his violence toward women and his boxing, because Tyson beat his wife (who was herself a celebrity and everybody knew about it).

maybe he did it, but woman like naomi campbell deserves it... :twisted:

in what way should there be a connection? seriously, don't you like his boxing style? cus d'amato was the best trainer!

Quote:
You started your training? What did you do, 10 pushups and walk around the block humming "Eye of the Tiger" to yourself? I predict this lasts two weeks. :P

yeah you got me... I also have a portable video player and watching rocky while walking around the block...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: