View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Penalties for leaving the cult of Veganism Reply with quote

Extremist Site Shames Ex-Vegan ‘Traitors’ for Carnivorous Cravings

Quote:
Giving up veganism was a big missed steak.

A vegan extremist website is taking ex-vegans to task for betraying the cause. Exvegans.com, a.k.a. “The Vegan Sell Out List,” shares names, descriptions and photographs of former vegans in an effort to publicly humiliate them for renouncing the meat and dairy-eschewing lifestyle.

“The spirits of the billions murdered have risen to deliver: The Vegan Sellout List – an online directory of those who have regressed from moral consistency to moral depravity,” the site proclaims. “Selling out veganism is a trend on the upswing, bringing with it swarms of haughty, nose-turning carnists uttering nonsensical buzzwords re: veganism being ‘privileged,’ or ‘trendy,’ critiquing themselves into ethical degeneracy and paleo-terrorism.”

An interactive map allows visitors to browse for ex-vegans by state. There are 16 entries for New York, most of them residing in Brooklyn or Manhattan.

Among the offenders, the site calls out Berlin Reed, 31, a former vegan who once belonged to an anarchist group. “Here we have yet another person hiding behind anarchism to justify their selfish behavior,” the entry reads. “No surprise he’s a part of the most shamed part of an already shamed subculture: The ‘anarchist people of color.’ Eye roll.”

Mr. Reed, author of the book “The Ethical Butcher,” was a vegan for three years and began eating meat after taking a job at a Brooklyn butcher shop that partnered with small local farms. He told the The New York Post that he was not particularly alarmed by the public shaming.

“It’s just hilarious that someone would spend that much time shaming other people for lifestyle choices,” he said.

Another New Yorker, Andrea Beaman, 45, a former Top Chef competitor, was likewise taken to task for giving up her “non-violent ways” after realizing that carnivorism was a part of nature.

Ms. Beaman said she wasn’t too surprised by the hateful diatribe.

“When I was a vegan, it was the most judgmental time of my life!”

Indeed.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL @ .1% of the 47%.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
swathe
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now not only do we have vegans falling over themselves to tell me they are vegans, they are now telling us who used to be a vegan?
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed...

I always hated it when those extremists judged me when I was KZ-director back then. Goddam those silly terrorists that tried to kill our leader, why?! later they even killed some of us in Nuernberg and published their names...

was a hard time...
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"
Dr.Willy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THB I think there are much more harmful forms of extremism.
Veganism is just the one that is the most hilarious
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no I think the most hilarious from of extremism is to judge people who eat those fresh, sweet human babies. There are people that didn't even try it, I always wondered why... probably because of this notion called ethics or moral, but since everyone knows that most people are just fucked up, can't think and don't like it when their way of life gets criticized. Ok, maybe because they know they are wrong, but are so angry about it that they have to judge the ones that follow another codex.

smoking is a similar topic, but since it would be terrible ridiculous to say that smoking is not a danger for your health nowadays, people just go on smoking and try to forget the facts.
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's me. I'd rather not eat animals, but hey, fuck it.
Bigun
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:

It's the cow's fault for being so damn delicious.
Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a cost that must be considered when leaving....

The other cost is BACON!
A free press is the unsleeping guardian of every other right that free men prize; it is the most dangerous foe of tyranny. Where men have the habit of liberty, the Press will continue to be the vigilant guardian of the rights of the ordinary citizen.
big dave
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe we should start a site that shames vegans. and vegetarians. and people who don't eat gluten. and we'll put them all on a map so you can know where they live. but we don't want to single anyone out, so we're also going to list all the carnivores. oh, and don't forget the omnivores... can't forget them. we'll just start shaming everyone. SHAME ON YOU FOR EATING FOOD! it'll be this huge mass of dots all over most of the world. except for ethiopia where they don't have food.
Clad in Sky
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there people who don't eat gluten out of their own free will?
I've only ever heard of those suffering from Coeliac disease or gluten intolerance not eating it. Why should anyone not eat food containing gluten?
Now it's time for the harvest
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
LOL @ .1% of the 47%.

++

Personally I love to debate with self-professed vegans (the ones that don't shout it from the rooftops I just leave alone, live and let die I figure) that the only reason they have the time to stop and consider their moral dilemma is because their evolutionary ancestors went ahead and ate meat, which over time caused those evolutionary ancestors to no longer need to eat every waking moment of their day just to survive, which over time caused those evolutionary ancestors to develop the brain-power to have moral dilemmas in the first place. So, to tie it all up, the only reason you can bother to think about whether you should eat meat is because your ancestors were smart enough to eat it.

pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

well thats cool, because the "right" conscious is very important. moreover when I sometimes can't resist to smoke then it would be pretty poor to walk around and hate all non smokers. it's way harder to stop drinking beers or smoking various substances than to stop eating bacon.

Quote:
Personally I love to debate with self-professed vegans (the ones that don't shout it from the rooftops I just leave alone, live and let die I figure) that the only reason they have the time to stop and consider their moral dilemma is because their evolutionary ancestors went ahead and ate meat, which over time caused those evolutionary ancestors to no longer need to eat every waking moment of their day just to survive, which over time caused those evolutionary ancestors to develop the brain-power to have moral dilemmas in the first place. So, to tie it all up, the only reason you can bother to think about whether you should eat meat is because your ancestors were smart enough to eat it.

hm, sometimes I wish I could explain the history of mankind in a single OTW post too. I didn't thought it is possible, but you even beat those christian-zealot-missionaries that have an explanation for everything. But on the other hand their "theory" has a stricter blueprint.

so, lets assume you are the almighty scyents (or how do you call them here :) ) that have this knowledge about mankind, so what?

even Jean-Luc piccard said in one episode of Star Trek that WW2 was not only bad because we have developed rockets and the foundations of space travel that allowed us to explore space and build star fleet.
Yes, many wars and many pretty ugly things have some good side effects, but should we go on building KZ's just because WW2 led to new technologies?!
seriously, I request at least a bit more "brain power" and if you are drunk or tired then just write about BoneKracker :P

as for the "vegan arrogance":
this is truly annoying, but I guess everyone knows that this is not tied to vegans but to all groups and ideologies...
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name one animal that is purely vegetarian that shows any capabilities of higher thought.

pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elephant.

Hopefully the link works it is Wikipedia but it is well referenced.

Juniper wrote:
I fail to see the relevance.
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BonezTheGoon wrote:
Name one animal that is purely vegetarian that shows any capabilities of higher thought.

Hitler?
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only delusional fucked ups compare eating animals to eating humans.

I love eating animals. I would never eat a human being (I might eat women, but they are not huMANs so there is no problem with that).

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

--> bogamol (elephant)
--> sikpuppy (hitler)

I don't know if there are any others...

beside the problem of the definition or meaning of higher thoughts (I guess I know what you mean and I think I agree with you) there is the problem that many humans are not capable of higher thoughts too:

Quote:
only delusional fucked ups compare eating animals to eating humans.

I love eating animals. I would never eat a human being (I might eat women, but they are not huMANs so there is no problem with that)

and I really love you!!! Now I also fully understand the meaning of "those creatures that look like humans but don't have a penis and have chest udders".

When you truly love someone you have to be honest, so I must tell you that your SS - grandfather and hitler himself wouldn't like your attitude, because according to himmler germany is the only nation with a fair attitude against animals.

(btw, you would eat humans if you have to, like them)
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am nice to animals! I just love to eat them too.

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:

I really believe you (seriously!!). Since a child I hate it that I like animals and even so I eat them. Moreover I can understand that you are disgusted when vegans think they are something better (like the hybrid-car-southpark episode), but even so it is the correct way of life.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
energyman76b wrote:

but even so it is the correct way of life.

eating animals - yes, that is the correct way of life. We are omnivores. We eat meat.

Even cows and deers love to eat birds once in a while (if they are in dire need vor Ca).

LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should have sex once in a while... I don't like it, but it seems that sex can stabilize your mental balance...
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
you should have sex once in a while... I don't like it, but it seems that sex can stabilize your mental balance...

if you are a vegan - how can you have sex? You are killing countless little animals!*

*actually posted on a vegan forum - that sperm cells are little animals and sex is wrong because countless little sperm cells are killed.

LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
LoTeK wrote:

if you are a vegan - how can you have sex? You are killing countless little animals!*

*actually posted on a vegan forum - that sperm cells are little animals and sex is wrong because countless little sperm cells are killed.

:lol:

listen sinner, those are not animals but bacillus and insects. I hate bacillus and insects. Those shall be perished like all sinners.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
listen sinner, those are not animals but bacillus and insects. I hate bacillus and insects. Those shall be perished like all sinners.

Well, insects are animals.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: