View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ville.aakko
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Bluetooth mouse does not reconnect automatically Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, as this might not be strictly a desktop environment issue (maybe Bluez and/or Kernel related?).

I'm using KDE and bluedevil-1.3.1 (bluez-4.101-r5). My mouse is set to trusted via bluedevil (don't know how to do it from the command line since the documentation I could find is outdated).

My bluetooth mouse (Razer Orochi elite) does not reconnect automatically, ever. Well, at least not after it (the _mouse_) goes to a standy, i.e. it works flawlessly unless I leave it on touched for a few minutes. Probably same at reboot, but I haven't rebooted yet after installing it. So, I need to manually reconnect every time it goes to standby, which has already begun to drive me nuts. Imagine what happens if I don't find a solution...

By manually reconnecting, I mean I need to set the mouse to discovery (/pairing) mode (in the case of this mouse, hold all side buttons pressed for > 5 seconds), and then choose reconnect from KDE's bluetooth settings (bluedevil). I don't need to search the device again, as the system does remember it. It just does not choose to reconnect, even though it is set as a trusted device.

I get this in the log of hcidump, if I try to wake up the mouse after it has gone to standby:

Code:
HCI sniffer - Bluetooth packet analyzer ver 2.4
device: hci0 snap_len: 1028 filter: 0xffffffffffffffff
> HCI Event: Connect Request (0x04) plen 10
    bdaddr F0:65:DD:67:70:1B class 0x002580 type ACL
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
    Accept Connection Request (0x01|0x0009) status 0x00 ncmd 1
> HCI Event: Connect Complete (0x03) plen 11
    status 0x00 handle 42 bdaddr F0:65:DD:67:70:1B type ACL encrypt 0x00
    Read Remote Supported Features (0x01|0x001b) status 0x00 ncmd 0
    Unknown (0x00|0x0000) status 0x00 ncmd 1
> HCI Event: Read Remote Supported Features (0x0b) plen 11
    status 0x00 handle 42
    Features: 0xbf 0x00 0xa0 0x78 0x18 0x1e 0x59 0x83
    Read Remote Extended Features (0x01|0x001c) status 0x00 ncmd 1
> HCI Event: Read Remote Extended Features (0x23) plen 13
    status 0x00 handle 42 page 1 max 1
    Features: 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
    Remote Name Request (0x01|0x0019) status 0x00 ncmd 1
> HCI Event: Remote Name Req Complete (0x07) plen 255
    status 0x00 bdaddr F0:65:DD:67:70:1B name 'Razer Orochi 2013'
> HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 10
    Link Key Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000c) ncmd 1
    status 0x00 bdaddr F0:65:DD:67:70:1B
> HCI Event: Disconn Complete (0x05) plen 4
    status 0x00 handle 42 reason 0x13
    Reason: Remote User Terminated Connection

I believe these lines (but the first two) keep repeating if I keep trying to move the mouse.

Cheers, and thanks!

Last edited by ville.aakko on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ville.aakko
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?

I'm replying to myself (incase someone hits the same problem), based on what I've found by googling and searching around.

I believe this is because the bluez-4 is missing some features, that should be available in bluez-5. But, the userspace utilities (bluedevil in KDE4, and in my case) need also to be updated before one can upgrade to bluez-5. Also, there are instructions laying around that use command line utilites like 'hidd' and 'simple-agent' that are missing from the current bluez - I believe they use an old-dated method that could work, but I don't feel like downgrading bluez.

So, it seems, that currently bluez can't pair properly a device, that lacks a method of inputting a PIN number (my bluetooth keyboard with a trackpad is reconnected automatically, but that one uses a PIN number). In the bluedevil GUI, the mouse is listed as trusted, but unpaired, and I have no idea how to pair it.

Hope this hepls someone, and if anyone has any ideas where to look further, please it would be appreciated!

Cheers!
lost+found
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm not using a bluetooth mouse, but other bluetooth devices. I had a reconnect problem after last upgrade to bluedevil-1.3.1.
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7326412.html#7326412

Anyway, maybe you'll have more luck using simple-agent. It needs the "test-programs" USE flag enabled on bluez to show up.
http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Bluetooth

How does your /var/lib/bluetooth/*/config look like, before and after the mouse stops working?
ville.aakko
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Bluetooth mouse does not reconnect automatically Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm not sure what I did but it seems to reconnect now without re-pairing!

Thanks anyways lost+found, I just found the use flag after writing the last reply. I believe connecting with bluez-test-input from command line made it record it as a paired device (bluedevil seems to be lacking some part in the process). I already have bluedevil-1.3.1 since that is the only version in portage.

Thanks, marking as solved!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: