Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GabrielYYZ
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
GabrielYYZ wrote:
Would you say it's alright to surgically remove an arm or a leg to make someone feel alright?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA43DS2c12c

That person seems happy, it's not like (he/she)'s hurting(i.e. if we refer to removing a limb willingly as hurting) anybody other than (him/her)self, so what's the problem with that case? Some people even cut their tongue to look like a snake and, while i wouldn't do that, they're not really affecting anyone else.

PS: Now i don't know if noyb is BoneKracker, who is secretly Eddie Izzard.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not he and vice versa. I think it's Muso.
noyb
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
noyb wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:
I think noyb is BroneKrackers mini-me.

Discuss.

Nope, I'm someone else. I don't post that often, but I read OTW daily. Who I am shouldn't really matter all that much, though I'd rather not out myself for obvious reasons.

I think you're lying. I think you're me, but you're just pretending to be some transvestite (or whatever the currently in vogue term is) in order to mock people who have me pigeon-holed as some kind of right-wing Archie Bunker stereotype. Admit it. You're me. :P

Not on our worst day :twisted:
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No U!
noyb
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll reply just to make you wonder if you really are disassociating and are experiencing simultaneous multiple personalities.

Ever notice that BK and I are never logged in at the same time?

Or are we?
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're just trying to use double-reverse-mindfuck psychology, but I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that it's not going to work.
noyb
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I knew that you would know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that it's not going to work.

So maybe I poisoned both glasses after spending years building up an immunity to iocane powder.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8O

Just so long as you don't try to use it to anesthetize my bungholio so you can Assange me in the ass. Oh, wait, you're not gay; you're some alphabet soup. :P
noyb
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
8O

Just so long as you don't try to use it to anesthetize my bungholio so you can Assange me in the ass. Oh, wait, you're not gay; you're some alphabet soup. :P

But I am gay (lesbian), just not male, despite the scyents of binaryology...

Needless to say, there is no threat that I will Ass-ange you
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then ok.

I'm not so sure about mcgruff, though. I think he'd be up the poop chute in a heartbeat, like a Penisaurus (NSFW).
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... we define our own reality? There are no objective standards? Or am I missing something?
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you're asking her.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
So... we define our own reality? There are no objective standards? Or am I missing something?

Yes. Yes. Yes.
:lol:
noyb
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:

Do you really want to watch The Matrix again? It's getting kinda long in the tooth. :)
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He took the blue pill, Prenj took the red pill... and you took the pink pill? :)
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:

Absolutely every single form of information we have about reality, not matter how objectively it was obtained, is always filtered through one or another (or any combination of) our perceptions. We have no other way of interacting with the world around us than filtering all inputs through our own perceptions. Also, each of those documented perceptions are all fallible. So, again as I often say, I believe we need to have a reasonable balanced approach. Realize that none of us experience the same exact "reality" as a result of our varied perceptions, however the most of us share many details. Keeping this in mind should allow us to be broad enough in our thinking to accept those who are having a different experience than our own.

pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BonezTheGoon wrote:
Muso wrote:

Absolutely every single form of information we have about reality, not matter how objectively it was obtained, is always filtered through one or another (or any combination of) our perceptions. We have no other way of interacting with the world around us than filtering all inputs through our own perceptions. Also, each of those documented perceptions are all fallible. So, again as I often say, I believe we need to have a reasonable balanced approach. Realize that none of us experience the same exact "reality" as a result of our varied perceptions, however the most of us share many details. Keeping this in mind should allow us to be broad enough in our thinking to accept those who are having a different experience than our own.

Yes. And then you board the plane and synchronicity is out of the whack again. :lol:
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'gender' 'scientists' also claim, that 'gender' is just a thing of upbringing and education.

And they are obviously wrong, as shown thanks to all those little boys who lost their cocks because americans love to mutilate their baby boys. Those boys were operated on, brought up as girls - and just didn't act or feel like girls.

But before anybody starts with the 'see? Male brains in a female body' bullshit.

They have male brains in male, mutilated bodies.

So whatever those 'scientists' claim, I call them fucking guilty of lysenkoism. They have a political agenda - and then try to adapt the facts and findings.

And you know what smells similar?

Transgender'ism'&co.

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
'gender' 'scientists' also claim, that 'gender' is just a thing of upbringing and education.

And they are obviously wrong, as shown thanks to all those little boys who lost their cocks because americans love to mutilate their baby boys. Those boys were operated on, brought up as girls - and just didn't act or feel like girls.

But before anybody starts with the 'see? Male brains in a female body' bullshit.

They have male brains in male, mutilated bodies.

So whatever those 'scientists' claim, I call them fucking guilty of lysenkoism. They have a political agenda - and then try to adapt the facts and findings.

And you know what smells similar?

Transgender'ism'&co.

You're confusing matters, and yet admitting that gender is innately fixed in the brain and not a matter of willing yourself to be a chosen gender. Nobody is saying that if you have a female body you have a female brain, exactly the opposite. And nobody is talking about mutilating infants before they can even gargle 'momma' or 'dadda', much less go through the introspection necessary to realise their gender. The point is, gender isn't inseparably linked to the XX/XY chromosomal determination system, because hormone-driven defects in the early foetal brain development can cause cells to undergo mitosis while mistakenly reading the X chromosome instead of the Y and vice versa. This is brain development is completely independent of, and precedes the development of genitalia, which in itself can range between completely healthy sex development, to ambiguous, to inter-sexed.

Are you seriously claiming that this can't possibly happen? Because you'd be putting some major fanatical faith in natural selection to produce perfect organisms every time. And the massive volume of evidence and research into the matter would disagree with you there.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a "female" brain?
Ahenobarbi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
What is a "female" brain?

Nowadays it's apparently a brain that identifies itself as "female".

IMHO if we have that state id nonsense we should use sex chromosomes (not gender/sex). It's well-defined, checkable, constant in life-time and hopefully people wont complain that they feel they have different chromosomes than they actually do.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahenobarbi wrote:
IMHO if we have that state id nonsense we should use sex chromosomes (not gender/sex). It's well-defined, checkable, constant in life-time and hopefully people wont complain that they feel they have different chromosomes than they actually do.

That'd be worse. It'd automatically 'out' anyone who has to show their ID. Prejudices don't go away by fiddling with semantics.
Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple you split the population into breeding stock & non-breeding stock (those that physically can't or those that physiologically won't).

Any couple who want's to have a child has to apply for a licence and then pick from a breeding stock pair.

I swear this is a film/book
A free press is the unsleeping guardian of every other right that free men prize; it is the most dangerous foe of tyranny. Where men have the habit of liberty, the Press will continue to be the vigilant guardian of the rights of the ordinary citizen.
djdunn
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only fair thing to do is have a 3rd bathroom, a boys room, a girls room, and a Transgendered room...

-Master Oogway
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djdunn wrote:
Only fair thing to do is have a 3rd bathroom, a boys room, a girls room, and a Transgendered room...

Not really. I like the idea of getting rid of communal bathrooms and just having unisex individual locking stalls.
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: