Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Meanwhile in USia...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Meanwhile in USia... Reply with quote

http://nation.foxnews.com/nikki-haley/2013/05/05/sc-dem-chair-send-nikki-haley-back-wherever-hell-she-came

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbc-panel-concedes-double-standard-with-nikki-haley-if-goper-leveled-attack-we-would-have-led-with-it/
_________________
There is no guarantee a stupid Dalai Lama won’t come next
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16117
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not the media bias you were looking for. You can go about your business.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Democrats: the Party of Racism
Quote:
[South Carolina Governor] Haley was raised in South Carolina and attended college here, but her parents were Sikh immigrants.

... As to whether he thought the comment could be seen as touching on her race and parents’ immigrant status, Harpootlian responded: “No, she was born in Bamberg [South Carolina] and lived in Lexington. Anybody implying anything different is attempting to feign insult.”

A spokesman for Haley, however, suggested the Democrat was alluding to the governor’s ethnicity. Without accusing Harpootlian of race-baiting outright, Rob Godfrey called it “play[ing] to the lowest common denominator.”

“Unfortunately, this seems to be a trend coming out of the South Carolina Democratic Party,” said Godfrey.

Quote:
Try to imagine anyone making a similar remark about President Obama last year and then saying he or she only meant "back to Chicago" or "back to Hawaii." The press would have covered it for weeks.

South Carolina Democratic Committee Chairman Harpootian's defense of his remarks doesn't even make any sense. He acknowledges her as born and bred in South Carolina, but he never offers any possible alternative explanation as to what he might have meant by "wherever the hell she came from".
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only two answers when questioned about where I came from, the truth and a lie. I could lie and say I burst out of my mother's belly Alien like, but I must admit I actually was pushed screaming out of her vagina. YMMV.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2031
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is it racism? Isn't South Carolina hell?
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Marley
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 105

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is plenty to love about SC/US, but some of the people make it a hell of sorts. Much like anywhere else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Marley wrote:
There is plenty to love about SC/US, but some of the people make it a hell of sorts. Much like anywhere else.

South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana are kind of like our equivalent of Bavaria and Austria (minus Venice). Well, maybe Louisiana is more like the Czech Republic (minus Prague).
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2031
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Darth Marley wrote:
There is plenty to love about SC/US, but some of the people make it a hell of sorts. Much like anywhere else.

South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana are kind of like our equivalent of Bavaria and Austria (minus Venice). Well, maybe Louisiana is more like the Czech Republic (minus Prague).


I love those two sentences so much.
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16117
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Darth Marley wrote:
There is plenty to love about SC/US, but some of the people make it a hell of sorts. Much like anywhere else.

South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana are kind of like our equivalent of Bavaria and Austria (minus Venice). Well, maybe Louisiana is more like the Czech Republic (minus Prague).
I'd include Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, N. Carolina, Virginia and West.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is left?
_________________
There is no guarantee a stupid Dalai Lama won’t come next
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 84
Location: Detroit, Michigan - The Home of Rock and Roll

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
What is left?


Puerto Rico. :P
_________________
Freedom is the oxygen of the soul. -Moshe Dayan

Juniper wrote:
I fail to see the relevance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16117
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
What is left?
According to Obama, 45 other states. Although I can only name 37 of those 45.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ratmonkey
n00b
n00b


Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Democrats: the Party of Racism


Well... right up into the 1960's, when the Republicans latched on to Dixiecrat anger over the civil rights vote and turned the south from blue to red. That shit bag, Strom Thurmond, led the charge as the south jumped off their donkeys and climbed up on their elephants. I'm sure the founders of the republican party collectively rolled over in their graves as Nixon and Buchanan plotted to win over the "race-voters". The republicans started winning elections with their new found votes, but they also got all the racist baggage from the democrats dumped in their lap. It was a brilliant political strategy at the time, but creeping up on 50 years later they're dealing with the blowback and it's become unfortunately ingrained in elements of the party.

So even though the conservative take of, "treat everyone as true equals, and true racial harmony will materialize" is a rational counter-argument to the liberal take of, "Protect minorities from abuse with laws and racial harmony will materialize", it will never get taken seriously because conservationism is considered a republican ideal and high profile republicans keep doing moronic shit like referring to the president as a "tar baby", re-instating "Confederate History Month", and openly admitting that they were "wrong to play racial politics" during speeches to the NAACP. Also, their more firm stance against gay marriage, while being a completely different issue, does nothing but further exasperate the perception that republicans and, by extension, conservatives are intolerant. Finally, it also doesn't help that every overt racist out there throws their support behind conservatives. Not because they agree that everyone needs to be treated equally, but simply because they know conservatives will vote against minority protection laws.

I have to say, as much as you claim that you're not dyed in the wool, you sure do fit the sweater awful nice. Republicans lost the presidential election capturing a relatively small portion of the minority vote, and in the speculation and aftermath questioning why republicans can't relate to anyone but old white people, you suddenly start pushing the "Nu-uh! Democrats are the real racists" rhetoric full steam ahead. But I'm sure, you'll remind me again that you have no political allegiance or biases, just your own thoroughly researched, impeccably well reasoned, and rational judgement. :P
_________________
dmitchell wrote:
Note: I am also a tax feeder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bigun
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Posts: 1974

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just going to leave this here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 657
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigun wrote:
I'm just going to leave this here


:lol:

Check mate
_________________
I, for one, am glad to be living on a planet with 776x the mass of the super-massive black hole at the center of the milky way just to keep Neptune in its daily orbit around the Earth.
auf alten Schiffen lernt man Segeln.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2031
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the democrats are racists
and
the americans are racists

must be great to be american. Represented by racists.
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bigun
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Posts: 1974

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
so the democrats are racists
and
the americans are racists

must be great to be american. Represented by racists.


This, coming from a German. :lol:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratmonkey wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Democrats: the Party of Racism


Well... right up into the 1960's, when the Republicans latched on to Dixiecrat anger over the civil rights vote and turned the south from blue to red. That shit bag, Strom Thurmond, led the charge as the south jumped off their donkeys and climbed up on their elephants. I'm sure the founders of the republican party collectively rolled over in their graves as Nixon and Buchanan plotted to win over the "race-voters". The republicans started winning elections with their new found votes, but they also got all the racist baggage from the democrats dumped in their lap. It was a brilliant political strategy at the time, but creeping up on 50 years later they're dealing with the blowback and it's become unfortunately ingrained in elements of the party.

So even though the conservative take of, "treat everyone as true equals, and true racial harmony will materialize" is a rational counter-argument to the liberal take of, "Protect minorities from abuse with laws and racial harmony will materialize", it will never get taken seriously because conservationism is considered a republican ideal and high profile republicans keep doing moronic shit like referring to the president as a "tar baby", re-instating "Confederate History Month", and openly admitting that they were "wrong to play racial politics" during speeches to the NAACP. Also, their more firm stance against gay marriage, while being a completely different issue, does nothing but further exasperate the perception that republicans and, by extension, conservatives are intolerant. Finally, it also doesn't help that every overt racist out there throws their support behind conservatives. Not because they agree that everyone needs to be treated equally, but simply because they know conservatives will vote against minority protection laws.

I have to say, as much as you claim that you're not dyed in the wool, you sure do fit the sweater awful nice. Republicans lost the presidential election capturing a relatively small portion of the minority vote, and in the speculation and aftermath questioning why republicans can't relate to anyone but old white people, you suddenly start pushing the "Nu-uh! Democrats are the real racists" rhetoric full steam ahead. But I'm sure, you'll remind me again that you have no political allegiance or biases, just your own thoroughly researched, impeccably well reasoned, and rational judgement. :P

I'm not seriously arguing that Republicans are not racist. It's obvious that many are. What I'm really trying to say is that an equal number of Democrats are, and they just actively suppress it because helps them to bring the racial minorities into their voting coalition (the Democratic Party). I'm adding, in the form of a tu quque ("the Democrats are the real racists"), that if you count blacks racism against whites, the Democrats are quite clearly more racist on average than the Republicans they continuously accuse of a racist agenda.

Why do I argue this point if I'm not a "dyed in the wool Republican"? Because it's a major facet of the populist demagoguery of the authoritarian collectivist Left. Like "gun violents", "teh war on wimmunz", "Repubicans are anti-scyents" and so on. Democrats are far from being alone in their use of such populist nonsense, but lately it's becoming their whole platform and their entire world, and they are actually starting to like the smell of and believe their own propaganda farts. It's extremely dangerous. Historically, this level of populist asshattery nearly always occurs as the lead-up to an authoritarian train wreck of some sort (millions of people being offed, somebody trying take over the world, that sort of thing). They double-speak about "reason" and "science" and "fact-based reality", while they spew a torrent of lies and propaganda. Blind faith is "reason", weakness is strength, individuality is immoral slavery.

Republicans have their own sins -- hording of wealth, manipulation of the social conservatives for political influence, international exploitation and imperialistic tendencies, but these pale by comparison to the industrial-scale atrocities and borg-like reality that collectivist authoritarianism has historically yielded and toward which the extremists of the Left are leading us rapidly today.
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2031
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigun wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
so the democrats are racists
and
the americans are racists

must be great to be american. Represented by racists.


This, coming from a German. :lol:


we got more than two parties who are essentially the same. If I want to vote for racists, I can do so. If I don't, there are many alternatives.

Well, I am a racist. Or not. I have to ponder that a bit.
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
Bigun wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
so the democrats are racists
and
the americans are racists

must be great to be american. Represented by racists.


This, coming from a German. :lol:


we got more than two parties who are essentially the same. If I want to vote for racists, I can do so. If I don't, there are many alternatives.

Well, I am a racist. Or not. I have to ponder that a bit.

Pretty much all Europeans are racists (they just pretend they're not, because it's not PC), and you definitely are. Tell us how you feel about the Turks who live in Germany? :P
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16117
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Bigun wrote:
I'm just going to leave this here


:lol:

Check mate
++

This guy is great.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
Bigun wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
so the democrats are racists
and
the americans are racists

must be great to be american. Represented by racists.


This, coming from a German. :lol:


we got more than two parties who are essentially the same. If I want to vote for racists, I can do so. If I don't, there are many alternatives.

Well, I am a racist. Or not. I have to ponder that a bit.

Pretty much all Europeans are racists (they just pretend they're not, because it's not PC), and you definitely are. Tell us how you feel about the Turks who live in Germany? :P
And Americans aren't.

Got it. Thanks. I'll keep that noted.
_________________
There is no guarantee a stupid Dalai Lama won’t come next
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Pretty much all Europeans are racists (they just pretend they're not, because it's not PC), and you definitely are. Tell us how you feel about the Turks who live in Germany? :P
And Americans aren't.

Got it. Thanks. I'll keep that noted.

They are just better at it. World leaders in fact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
Bigun wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
so the democrats are racists
and
the americans are racists

must be great to be american. Represented by racists.


This, coming from a German. :lol:


we got more than two parties who are essentially the same. If I want to vote for racists, I can do so. If I don't, there are many alternatives.

Well, I am a racist. Or not. I have to ponder that a bit.

Pretty much all Europeans are racists (they just pretend they're not, because it's not PC), and you definitely are. Tell us how you feel about the Turks who live in Germany? :P
And Americans aren't.

Got it. Thanks. I'll keep that noted.

You have become confused. Right in this thread I have said that many Democrats and Republicans are racist. Since they are the overwhelmingly dominant political parties in the U.S.A., it follows that many Americans are racist, does it not?

Or were you just trying to belch a half-hearted strawman, to engage in an apathetic bit of trolling because your inner imp momentarily got the best of you again, but as usual you couldn't be arsed to put any thought into it.

See how well I know you, from way over here on the other side of the planet? :P
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope that is you backpedalling.

By saying Democrats and Republicans are racists, you leave out Independents, Liberals, Libertarians, Ron Paul supporters, Robert Barr voters and Ralph Nader supporters.

Given a few more posts, you would have come back and said this:

"Even though the Republican and the Democratic parties are dominant in the US, there are very many people who do not support either parties and therefore cannot be called racists. In-fact vast majority of Americans are not racist at-all. They are milk drinking, tree hugging Gandhi followers."

See, how well I know you from across the planet?
_________________
There is no guarantee a stupid Dalai Lama won’t come next
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum