Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Zimmerman
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23, 24, 25  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
juniper wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
the witnesses who say that Zimmerman was attacked first?

read carefully. in the article you posted, the witness does NOT claim that. the witness said that martin (the black man) was punching zimmerman. He has no idea who started it. For all we know (from that witness) zimmerman attacked martin, then martin briefly go the upper and then zimmerman shot martin.

Martin certainly didn't walk up to the car, drag zimmerman out of the car and start punching him.

no, he did not drag him out of the car. But he did follow him, when Zimmerman was walking back to his car and attacked him.

anyone see that?
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:

According to Zimmerman,

don't care. he is the defendant.

Quote:

Martin was a punk, it is too bad that his actions led to his death. He might have matured and changed his life around.

as far as there is strong evidence for, before the altercation he was it seems a pot user. frankly, that probably includes most of us. it is your laws and culture that makes it ok for an armed man to get out his car, walk up to an unarmed man who, as zimmerman admits, wasn't doing anything illegal, and the whole thing end up with the unarmed man dead. does that make sense? does "stand your ground" make sense in light of this? zimmerman was even advised not to get out of his vehicle by the police.

I am not saying that Martin didn't start the physical altercation. but the whole situation was brought on by this idiotic cowboy mentality.

He was a thief. A screwdriver used to break locks and a bunch of women's jewelry was found in his backpack. He had been kicked out of school three times in one year. I know that you are a nanny stater, but people have the right to protect their neighborhood and themselves. Go to Martin's wiki article and listen to the 911 call.

Interesting that you don't think a defendant has a right to their side of events, and must prove their innocence.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:

He was a thief. A screwdriver used to break locks and a bunch of women's jewelry was found in his backpack. He had been kicked out of school three times in one year. I know that you are a nanny stater, but people have the right to protect their neighborhood and themselves. Go to Martin's wiki article and listen to the 911 call.

and how did zimmerman have evidence for this or know this? he didn't.

while you may think i am a nanny stater, I believe in the rule of law and not vigilante justice. I believe in evidence. I believe in innocent until proven guilty.

if things were done properly like in a civilised place not on the frontier, Martin would have been formally searched by the police or even the neighbourhood watch just to throw you a bone. and then he would have been dealt with properly.

Old School wrote:

Interesting that you don't think a defendant has a right to their side of events, and must prove their innocence.

of course he has a right to his side of the events and he doesn't have to prove his innocence. but people don't have to believe him. And surely you must think he isn't going to implicate himself if he is guilty, do you?
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:

while you may think i am a nanny stater, I believe in the rule of law and not vigilante justice. I believe in evidence. I believe in innocent until proven guilty.

if things were done properly like in a civilised place not on the frontier, Martin would have been formally searched by the police or even the neighbourhood watch just to throw you a bone. and then he would have been dealt with properly.
The school found that stuff and turned it over to the police. Martin said he "was just holding it for a friend."

And the dog ate his homework.
The Neighborhood watch has no authority to search him or anyone else. Jeesh! That community had been suffering a rash of breakins, and the cops never show in time. Listen to the 911 recording.

Last edited by Old School on Sun May 05, 2013 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:

The school found that stuff and turned it over to the police. Martin said he "was just holding it for a friend."

so how precisely did zimmerman know this guy was a thief? That's right, he didn't. All that background bullshit is irrelevant BECAUSE ZIMMERMAN DIDN'T KNOW IT. Martin could have been ted bundy and it doesn't justify how the events unfolded.

Old School wrote:

The Neighborhood watch has no authority to search him or anyone else. Jeesh! That community had been suffering a rash of breakins, and the cops never show in time. Listen to the 911 recording.

According to Zimmerman, he did not identify himself as neighbourhood watch.

Last edited by juniper on Sun May 05, 2013 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:
juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:

so how precisely did zimmerman know this guy was a thief? That's right, he didn't. All that background bullshit is irrelevant BECAUSE ZIMMERMAN DIDN'T KNOW IT. Martin could have been ted bundy and it doesn't justify how the events unfolded.

Have you listened to the unedited 911 call?

It wasn't Martin that made it.

And yes, you are a mega nanny stater. :wink:
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:
juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:

Have you listened to the unedited 911 call?

It wasn't Martin that made it.

Link?

Quote:

And yes, you are a mega nanny stater. :wink:

I prefer rule of law to cowboys. why? Because people who should get shot end up dead.

Last edited by juniper on Sun May 05, 2013 11:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the wiki article on Trayvon Martin.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:

can't find it.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:

According to Zimmerman,

don't care. he is the defendant.

Quote:

Martin was a punk, it is too bad that his actions led to his death. He might have matured and changed his life around.

as far as there is strong evidence for, before the altercation he was it seems a pot user. frankly, that probably includes most of us. it is your laws and culture that makes it ok for an armed man to get out his car, walk up to an unarmed man who, as zimmerman admits, wasn't doing anything illegal, and the whole thing end up with the unarmed man dead. does that make sense? does "stand your ground" make sense in light of this? zimmerman was even advised not to get out of his vehicle by the police.

I am not saying that Martin didn't start the physical altercation. but the whole situation was brought on by this idiotic cowboy mentality.

Zimmerman got out of his car. Got back to his car and talked to the dispatchter.
Also, in the past when he did not follow people, those people had broken into homes.
Also Zimmerman's story is fitting with Treyvon's phone calls. And those witnesses who actually saw what was going on.

Is it cowboy mentallity to confront a stranger in a walled community that has been plagued by criminal activity? Or isn't it moral courage? Police and politicians always tell people to stand up. to do something. Confront the misbehaving subject so the situation might not become worse. Zimmerman just did that - and what he got were injuries and a full blown hate campaign in the media.

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
A screwdriver

And what do you think the court would make of that?

Let me tell you. They'll think it's a screwdriver. Not a "burglary tool". Or a kitten impaler. Or a drugs prong. Or a guilt stick. Just a screwdriver.

Then the judge would butt in and tell the defence to cut the crap and get on with their case. The jury would be instructed to disregard the comments because Martin has never been convicted - or even charged - with burglary or any similar crime.

A screwdriver is not evidence. It's bullshit.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:

can't find it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Trayvon_Martin_Shooting_Call1.ogg
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
Old School wrote:
A screwdriver

And what do you think the court would make of that?

Let me tell you. They'll think it's a screwdriver. Not a "burglary tool". Or a kitten impaler. Or a drugs prong. Or a guilt stick. Just a screwdriver.

Then the judge would butt in and tell the defence to cut the crap and get on with their case. The jury would be instructed to disregard the comments because Martin has never been convicted - or even charged - with burglary or any similar crime.

A screwdriver is not evidence. It's bullshit.

Along with stolen women's jewelry.

Maybe, like you, Martin was a cross dresser.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
he was returning to his vehicle when he was confronted and attacked by a person bigger than himself

Do you even know how big Martin was?
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:

Were any of the items in his possession ever reported as stolen?
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
Is it cowboy mentallity to confront a stranger in a walled community that has been plagued by criminal activity? Or isn't it moral courage? Police and politicians always tell people to stand up. to do something. Confront the misbehaving subject so the situation might not become worse. Zimmerman just did that - and what he got were injuries and a full blown hate campaign in the media.

That is so fucked up. Trayvon Martin wasn't a "misbehaving stranger" whom Zimmerman had a moral duty to confront. He was on his way back to his dad's place after visiting a local shop.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
Old School wrote:
he was returning to his vehicle when he was confronted and attacked by a person bigger than himself

Do you even know how big Martin was?

If I remember right, the coroner's report listed him at 5'11".
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
Old School wrote:

Were any of the items in his possession ever reported as stolen?

Like I said, he might have been a cross dresser.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:

So that should have read: "he was returning to his vehicle when he was confronted and attacked by a person marginally taller than himself".

And what about weight (which is what really matters)...?
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
Old School wrote:

So that should have read: "he was returning to his vehicle when he was confronted and attacked by a person marginally taller than himself".

And what about weight (which is what really matters)...?

Zimmerman probably did not have time to weigh the young man before being attacked.
warrens
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
OK no-one can dispute them but they don't have to. He shot someone and if he can't prove he had a good reason to do so (is there ever a good reason...) he'll be convicted.

His only ray of hope is that a jury is always an unpredictable element in the equation. However, they will know that he didn't appear confident enough in his own story to try for the waiver, that he failed grievously to act as a neighbourhood watch guy was supposed to act, that he refused to follow police instructions, and that Trayvon Martin was not engaged in criminal activity. He was just a kid returning home from a local shop.

Any suggestions for BK's new avatar?
There is NO burden of proof on Zimmerman!!! He does not have to proof anything at all. The burden of proof rest with the prosecution.

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!

My Bias #1
The best government is the government that governs least.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warrens wrote:
mcgruff wrote:
OK no-one can dispute them but they don't have to. He shot someone and if he can't prove he had a good reason to do so (is there ever a good reason...) he'll be convicted.

His only ray of hope is that a jury is always an unpredictable element in the equation. However, they will know that he didn't appear confident enough in his own story to try for the waiver, that he failed grievously to act as a neighbourhood watch guy was supposed to act, that he refused to follow police instructions, and that Trayvon Martin was not engaged in criminal activity. He was just a kid returning home from a local shop.

Any suggestions for BK's new avatar?
There is NO burden of proof on Zimmerman!!! He does not have to proof anything at all. The burden of proof rest with the prosecution.

You must realize mcgruff has differing levels of jurisprudence, depending on the defendant.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I think when mcgruff loses his bet (assuming he hasn't weaseled out), his avatar should be the bloodied face of George Zimmerman after being attacked by Martin.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this one, but not as an avatar.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
By the way, I think when mcgruff loses his bet (assuming he hasn't weaseled out), his avatar should be the bloodied face of George Zimmerman after being attacked by Martin.

++

Hear, hear!!!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 4 of 25

Jump to: