Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
chokehabit
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1221
Location: Jefferson, USA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: chokehabit Reply with quote

So who was chokehabit, anyway?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some guy from Norway. I don't recall his name but could have been something like Gur or Gus or Gafur or something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
runningwithscissors
Guru
Guru


Joined: 21 Apr 2006
Posts: 454
Location: the third world

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norwegian Guy. Could've been the same guy who was studying to be an opthalmologist and was active on otw a couple years before that sock showed up. Very similar posting styles.
_________________
At some stage, the Hindus locked on to the nation destroying concepts like ahimsa (non-violence), shanti (peace), satya (truth) — the ‘ass’ syndrome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has an avatar that says "Bonekraker was here" which is kind of spooky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clad in Sky
l33t
l33t


Joined: 04 May 2007
Posts: 773
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gusar?
_________________
Kali Ma
Now it's autumn of the aeons
Dance with your sword
Now it's time for the harvest
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1563
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
Has an avatar that says "Bonekraker was here" which is kind of spooky.

I accused him of being me, logged in under another name, but he denied it.
_________________
True Liberals are individualists. Democrats, on the other hand, are authoritarian collectivists.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did he tell you how he got Norwegian IP addresses?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
Did he tell you how he got Norwegian IP addresses?

Norwegian proxy maybe? Or perhaps he lives there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krinn
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 4151

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:
Has an avatar that says "Bonekraker was here" which is kind of spooky.

I accused him of being me, logged in under another name, but he denied it.


I was thinking it was you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1563
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krinn wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:
Has an avatar that says "Bonekraker was here" which is kind of spooky.

I accused him of being me, logged in under another name, but he denied it.


I was thinking it was you.

If I deny it, will that convince you that it wasn't me?
_________________
True Liberals are individualists. Democrats, on the other hand, are authoritarian collectivists.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spent
n00b
n00b


Joined: 30 May 2004
Posts: 51
Location: Bawlmer Hon!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought cokehabit was from the U.K.? Or maybe just his avatar of David Bowie makes me think he was...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Naib
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 4103
Location: Removed by Neddy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent wrote:
I thought cokehabit was from the U.K.? Or maybe just his avatar of David Bowie makes me think he was...
he is
_________________
A free press is the unsleeping guardian of every other right that free men prize; it is the most dangerous foe of tyranny. Where men have the habit of liberty, the Press will continue to be the vigilant guardian of the rights of the ordinary citizen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2025
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent wrote:
I thought cokehabit was from the U.K.? Or maybe just his avatar of David Bowie makes me think he was...


cokehabit =/= chokehabit
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 14 Jun 2002
Posts: 1375
Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
Spent wrote:
I thought cokehabit was from the U.K.? Or maybe just his avatar of David Bowie makes me think he was...


cokehabit =/= chokehabit


++

Reading comprehension for the win.
_________________
mcgruff wrote:
I can't promise to be civil.


pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1563
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think cockhobbit is a better forum name than either.
_________________
True Liberals are individualists. Democrats, on the other hand, are authoritarian collectivists.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2025
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
I still think cockhobbit is a better forum name than either.


so, ask for a rename. Bonknacker is getting a bit old, don't you agree?
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1563
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
I still think cockhobbit is a better forum name than either.


so, ask for a rename. Bonknacker is getting a bit old, don't you agree?

And "energyman76b" is better? Sounds like some 13-year-old's AOL screen name. :lol:
_________________
True Liberals are individualists. Democrats, on the other hand, are authoritarian collectivists.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even cockhabbit is better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 14 Jun 2002
Posts: 1375
Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
Even cockhabbit is better.


++

I know a few people that suffer from this condition.
_________________
mcgruff wrote:
I can't promise to be civil.


pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Naib
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 4103
Location: Removed by Neddy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't there a rate each others nick thread on otw somewhere
_________________
A free press is the unsleeping guardian of every other right that free men prize; it is the most dangerous foe of tyranny. Where men have the habit of liberty, the Press will continue to be the vigilant guardian of the rights of the ordinary citizen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1563
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, but yours sucks almost as bad as mine. It sounds like you're trying to be some Pakistani dude or something.
_________________
True Liberals are individualists. Democrats, on the other hand, are authoritarian collectivists.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Naib
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 4103
Location: Removed by Neddy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
I don't know, but yours sucks almost as bad as mine. It sounds like you're trying to be some Pakistani dude or something.
who says I am not ;)
although there have been a couple here who got the nick reference
_________________
A free press is the unsleeping guardian of every other right that free men prize; it is the most dangerous foe of tyranny. Where men have the habit of liberty, the Press will continue to be the vigilant guardian of the rights of the ordinary citizen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1563
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
I don't know, but yours sucks almost as bad as mine. It sounds like you're trying to be some Pakistani dude or something.
who says I am not ;)
although there have been a couple here who got the nick reference

It's a combination of Naive and Noob, that has the added benefit of letting other Pakis know you're one of them? :P
_________________
True Liberals are individualists. Democrats, on the other hand, are authoritarian collectivists.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Naib
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 4103
Location: Removed by Neddy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Naib wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
I don't know, but yours sucks almost as bad as mine. It sounds like you're trying to be some Pakistani dude or something.
who says I am not ;)
although there have been a couple here who got the nick reference

It's a combination of Naive and Noob, that has the added benefit of letting other Pakis know you're one of them? :P
interesting assessment... its actually from Dune. wswartzendruber has me on g+ iirc so he know I am not a "paki"
_________________
A free press is the unsleeping guardian of every other right that free men prize; it is the most dangerous foe of tyranny. Where men have the habit of liberty, the Press will continue to be the vigilant guardian of the rights of the ordinary citizen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wondered, if you're living in Birmingham, you could be a paki.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum