View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lea0014
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: [How-to] Config Gmail as default mail reader Gnome2 Reply with quote

Hi there,

This post started like a question, but when i was writing it the solution came to me, so now it is a guide :P.

I installed mail-client/mail-notification to keep me updated from new mails in my gmail account. When a new mail notification appears, what i want to do is click on the notification and open my gmail inbox into a new firefox's tab; but, nothing happend. I thought that Gnome-gmail was the answer to my problem, and it was. So i created a local overlay, put this zugaina's ebuild (not this, apparently it doesn't have the approperly dependencies), and then emerged it.

Now here comes a strange thing. After emerge gnome-gmail package, i setup Gnome Gmail as prefered mail reader in the Gnome's Prefered Applications window, but when i clicked the new mail notification, Gnome still tried to open mails with Evolution. But then, i just run the recently installed gnome-gmail and a new window pop up saying that gnome-gmail isn't the default mail reader and it ask me if i want to set Gmail as the default mail reader.

And that was all, now i can read mails directly from the Gmail's inbox in firefox.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: