[Mac OS X] python fails to upgrade
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwegert
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: [Mac OS X] python fails to upgrade Reply with quote

I've got three Macs running Gentoo Prefix, all with the same issue. About three or four weeks ago, I first got an error emerging python. As usual, I waited for some time to see whether the issue would sort itself out, but it didn't. The python update dies with the following error messages:
Code:

i686-apple-darwin10-gcc -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup -Wl,-dead_strip_dylibs -L/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/lib -L/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/usr/lib -L. -Wl,-dead_strip_dylibs -L/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/lib -L/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/usr/lib -L. -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -march=prescott -fwrapv -DNDEBUG -I. -IInclude -I./Include -I/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/usr/include build/temp.macosx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Modules/_ctypes/_ctypes.o build/temp.macosx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Modules/_ctypes/callbacks.o build/temp.macosx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Modules/_ctypes/callproc.o build/temp.macosx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Modules/_ctypes/stgdict.o build/temp.macosx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Modules/_ctypes/cfield.o build/temp.macosx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Modules/_ctypes/malloc_closure.o build/temp.macosx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Modules/_ctypes/darwin/dlfcn_simple.o -L/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/lib -L/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/usr/lib -L. -lffi -o build/lib.macosx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/_ctypes.bundle

Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these modules were not found:
_bsddb             bsddb185           dbm             
gdbm               linuxaudiodev      ossaudiodev     
spwd               sunaudiodev                       
To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for the module's name.

Failed to build these modules:
_Fm                _Qd                _Qdoffs         

running build_scripts
creating build/scripts-2.7
copying and adjusting /Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Tools/scripts/pydoc -> build/scripts-2.7
copying and adjusting /Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Tools/scripts/idle -> build/scripts-2.7
copying and adjusting /Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Tools/scripts/2to3 -> build/scripts-2.7
copying and adjusting /Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Lib/smtpd.py -> build/scripts-2.7
changing mode of build/scripts-2.7/pydoc from 644 to 755
changing mode of build/scripts-2.7/idle from 644 to 755
changing mode of build/scripts-2.7/2to3 from 644 to 755
changing mode of build/scripts-2.7/smtpd.py from 644 to 755
make: *** [sharedmods] Fehler 1
emake failed

However, the trouble seems to start much earlier, according to the build.log:

Code:

creating build/temp.macosx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/cf
i686-apple-darwin10-gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -march=prescott -fwrapv -DNDEBUG -I/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Includ
e -I. -IInclude -I./Include -I/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/usr/include -I/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Include -I/Users/vwegert/Library/Gent
oo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3 -c /Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/cf/_CFmodule.c -o build/temp.macos
x-10.6-x86_64-2.7/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/cf/_CFmodule.o -Wno-deprecated-declarations
i686-apple-darwin10-gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -march=prescott -fwrapv -DNDEBUG -I/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Includ
e -I. -IInclude -I./Include -I/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/usr/include -I/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Include -I/Users/vwegert/Library/Gent
oo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3 -c /Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/cf/pycfbridge.c -o build/temp.maco
sx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/cf/pycfbridge.o -Wno-deprecated-declarations
i686-apple-darwin10-gcc -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup -Wl,-dead_strip_dylibs -L/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/lib -L/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/usr/lib -L. -Wl,-dead_strip_dylibs -L/Users/vwegert
/Library/Gentoo/lib -L/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/usr/lib -L. -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -march=prescott -fwrapv -DNDEBUG -I. -IInclude -I./Include -I/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/usr
/include build/temp.macosx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/cf/_CFmodule.o build/temp.macosx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/Users/vw
egert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/cf/pycfbridge.o -L/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/lib -L/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/usr/lib -L. -o build/lib
.macosx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/_CF.bundle -framework CoreFoundation
building 'autoGIL' extension
oo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3 -c /Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/autoGIL.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.
6-x86_64-2.7/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/autoGIL.o -Wno-deprecated-declarations
i686-apple-darwin10-gcc -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup -Wl,-dead_strip_dylibs -L/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/lib -L/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/usr/lib -L. -Wl,-dead_strip_dylibs -L/Users/vwegert
/Library/Gentoo/lib -L/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/usr/lib -L. -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -march=prescott -fwrapv -DNDEBUG -I. -IInclude -I./Include -I/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/usr
/include build/temp.macosx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/autoGIL.o -L/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/lib -L/Users/vw
egert/Library/Gentoo/usr/lib -L. -o build/lib.macosx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/autoGIL.bundle -framework CoreFoundation
building 'ColorPicker' extension
oo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3 -c /Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/ColorPickermodule.c -o build/temp.
macosx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/ColorPickermodule.o -Wno-deprecated-declarations
/include build/temp.macosx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/ColorPickermodule.o -L/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/lib -
L/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/usr/lib -L. -o build/lib.macosx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/ColorPicker.bundle -framework Carbon
ld: warning: bad symbol action: $ld$install_name$os10.6$/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices in dylib /System/Library/Frameworks//CoreGraphics.framew
ork/CoreGraphics
ld: warning: bad symbol action: $ld$install_name$os10.6$/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices in dylib /System/Library/Frameworks//CoreText.framework/
CoreText
ld: warning: bad symbol action: $ld$install_name$os10.6$/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices in dylib /System/Library/Frameworks//ImageIO.framework/I
mageIO
ld: warning: bad symbol action: $ld$install_name$os10.6$/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices in dylib /System/Library/Frameworks//CFNetwork.framework/CFNetwork

This "bad symbol action" stuff continues for several pages, then:

Code:

uilding '_Fm' extension
creating build/temp.macosx-10.6-x86_64-2.7/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm
oo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3 -c /Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c -o build/temp.macos
x-10.6-x86_64-2.7/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.o -Wno-deprecated-declarations
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:26: Fehler: expected »)« before »*« token
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c: In Funktion »Fm_GetFontName«:
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:60: Fehler: »GetFontName« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:60: Fehler: (Jeder nicht deklarierte Bezeichner wird nur einmal aufgeführt
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:60: Fehler: für jede Funktion in der er auftritt.)
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c: In Funktion »Fm_GetFNum«:
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:78: Fehler: »GetFNum« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c: In Funktion »Fm_RealFont«:
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:97: Fehler: »RealFont« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c: In Funktion »Fm_SetFScaleDisable«:
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:115: Fehler: »SetFScaleDisable« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion
)
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c: In Funktion »Fm_FontMetrics«:
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:129: Fehler: »FMetricRec« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:129: Fehler: expected »;« before »theMetrics«
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:131: Fehler: »FontMetrics« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:135: Fehler: »theMetrics« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:137: Fehler: »FMRec_New« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c: In Funktion »Fm_SetFractEnable«:
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:146: Fehler: »SetFractEnable« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c: In Funktion »Fm_GetDefFontSize«:
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:162: Fehler: »GetDefFontSize« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c: In Funktion »Fm_IsOutline«:
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:179: Fehler: »IsOutline« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c: In Funktion »Fm_SetOutlinePreferred«:
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:197: Fehler: »SetOutlinePreferred« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funkt
ion)
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c: In Funktion »Fm_GetOutlinePreferred«:
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:213: Fehler: »GetOutlinePreferred« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funkt
ion)
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c: In Funktion »Fm_SetPreserveGlyph«:
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:228: Fehler: »SetPreserveGlyph« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion
)
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c: In Funktion »Fm_GetPreserveGlyph«:
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:244: Fehler: »GetPreserveGlyph« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion
)
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c: In Funktion »Fm_GetSysFont«:
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:259: Fehler: »GetSysFont« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c: In Funktion »Fm_GetAppFont«:
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:274: Fehler: »GetAppFont« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c: In Funktion »Fm_QDTextBounds«:
/Users/vwegert/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.7.3-r3/work/Python-2.7.3/Mac/Modules/fm/_Fmmodule.c:292: Fehler: »QDTextBounds« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)

(Sorry for the German messages - these are basically unresolved symbol error messages.)

Does anyone know what to do about this?

Thanks
Volker
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: