Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[juniper] Gun demands money, shoots baby in face
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1567
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strawman. I didn't call all Canadians pussies. I said:
Quote:
Most Canadians are a bunch of pussies except out in the back country.


Most Canadians are weak and helpless, and they live in a weak and helpless country, so they try and pass it off as some kind of a virtue. Being bent over with your legs spread isn't virtuous or even smart, even if you do have a big mean pimp next door.
_________________
pjp wrote:
I didn't misquote you, I just misunderstood you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zenlunatic
Guru
Guru


Joined: 09 Apr 2003
Posts: 312

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

throw him to the wolves... prison is gonna suck for this guy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Marley
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 105

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zenlunatic wrote:
throw him to the wolves... prison is gonna suck for this guy


More like he is going to suck for the prison.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 236
Location: The Covered Bridge Capital of Oregon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:
juniper wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Most Canadians are a bunch of pussies except out in the back country. If Nazis or Stalinists got control, they could just go around eliminating who they wanted to as though clubbing baby seals. The main reason this cultural deficiency hasn't already led to the destruction of Canada (e.g., being subsumed by USSR) is Canada's protection by the U.S.


pussies as opposed to gun slinging shoot first think later rednecks?


That is an inaccurate description of the perpetrators of most gun violence in the US.


I know. Calling all canadians pussies probably falls into that as well, no? just a little tit for tat mud slinging.

Gotcha. :wink:
_________________
I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 758
Location: EU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Strawman. I didn't call all Canadians pussies. I said:
Quote:
Most Canadians are a bunch of pussies except out in the back country.


Most Canadians are weak and helpless, and they live in a weak and helpless country, so they try and pass it off as some kind of a virtue. Being bent over with your legs spread isn't virtuous or even smart, even if you do have a big mean pimp next door.


is that really more accurate?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Marley
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 105

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updating, the alleged shooter is also indicted for a shooting/robbery 10 days prior to this murder.
His mother, sister, and aunt are all charged with some form of asshattery in an attempt to cover up the crime.
The sister who claimed he couldn't have done this because he had a good heart is charged with disposing of the weapon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1567
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to think that it all could have been solved simply by making guns illegal!
_________________
pjp wrote:
I didn't misquote you, I just misunderstood you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Marley
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 105

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banning guns and corporations, and reinstituting sergdom might be a practical solution.
Wait, Robin Hood didn't use a gun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16114
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ga. man faces trial in killing of baby in stroller

Poor guy. The gun should be on trial.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16114
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racists find teen guilty
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Greens
n00b
n00b


Joined: 23 Aug 2013
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 uses for guns in the US: Toys/collectibles (This is the main reason I think people own guns in the US now), hunting, self-defense, trading, and murdering/crime.

This isn't the movies, most of the time those guns for self-defense are useless when needed, or are stolen and put to use for crimes.

You say if you ban guns criminals would still get them, truth is the majority of illegally owned guns in the US come from originally legally bought guns in the US, not imported. The majority of guns used in murders/crimes, the perpetrator would not have been able to obtain if you couldn't legally buy and own guns everywhere.

I'm not for banning guns, I'm for leaving it how it is, it's gone too far and can't really be changed. I still hate guns and wish they were completely banned in the US, to the point where even cops couldn't carry them.
Bigun wrote:
juniper wrote:
I prefer 8000 homicides by knife. It's harder to kill with a knife.


No way to prove that guns would do that. Our culture is radically different form every example you have to draw from. Our populous has a morbid fascination with murder, death, and outright torture, just look at the TV shows and movies that Hollywood sells. As crappy as the movies are, we now have Saw 4.... really?

I promise, you take away arms, there will be 11,000 homicides with knives, take knives away, it will be hammers, take those away, it will be vehicular homicides, all in the same numbers, promise. I haven't found one law enforcement officer that works in the USA to disagree with me yet.


I disagree.

There's a lot of deaths via guns that would just not happen if the weapon would have had to be something like a knife. Either because it wouldn't have physically been possible, or the assailant wouldn't have been mentally able to do it. As an assailant, killing someone with a knife or even worse a blunt object is much harder to do, both mentally and physically, than if you used a gun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prenj
n00b
n00b


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greens wrote:
You say if you ban guns criminals would still get them, truth is the majority of illegally owned guns in the US come from originally legally bought guns in the US, not imported. The majority of guns used in murders/crimes, the perpetrator would not have been able to obtain if you couldn't legally buy and own guns everywhere.


Yeah, because, all those gun-manufacturers are doing it because they must, and everybody knows they would rather stop the manufacture and listen to Mamas and Papas.
_________________
“If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1567
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greens wrote:
5 uses for guns in the US: Toys/collectibles (This is the main reason I think people own guns in the US now), hunting, self-defense, trading, and murdering/crime.

This isn't the movies, most of the time those guns for self-defense are useless when needed, or are stolen and put to use for crimes.

You say if you ban guns criminals would still get them, truth is the majority of illegally owned guns in the US come from originally legally bought guns in the US, not imported. The majority of guns used in murders/crimes, the perpetrator would not have been able to obtain if you couldn't legally buy and own guns everywhere.

I'm not for banning guns, I'm for leaving it how it is, it's gone too far and can't really be changed. I still hate guns and wish they were completely banned in the US, to the point where even cops couldn't carry them.
Bigun wrote:
juniper wrote:
I prefer 8000 homicides by knife. It's harder to kill with a knife.


No way to prove that guns would do that. Our culture is radically different form every example you have to draw from. Our populous has a morbid fascination with murder, death, and outright torture, just look at the TV shows and movies that Hollywood sells. As crappy as the movies are, we now have Saw 4.... really?

I promise, you take away arms, there will be 11,000 homicides with knives, take knives away, it will be hammers, take those away, it will be vehicular homicides, all in the same numbers, promise. I haven't found one law enforcement officer that works in the USA to disagree with me yet.


I disagree.

There's a lot of deaths via guns that would just not happen if the weapon would have had to be something like a knife. Either because it wouldn't have physically been possible, or the assailant wouldn't have been mentally able to do it. As an assailant, killing someone with a knife or even worse a blunt object is much harder to do, both mentally and physically, than if you used a gun.

We already discussed this before you were around, to the point of having beaten it to death. We have a Constitutionally guaranteed right to bear arms, and it exists for very good reasons. Don't like it that way? Pass an amendment. End of story.

I do agree that we need better firearms control. We're going about it the wrong way, and doing more of what's wrong won't help. Banning guns, preventing law abiding citizens from having them or carrying them, doesn't accomplish anything (unless you're a collectivist authoritarian who wants to disarm the population). What we need is control, not a futile, not to mention completely unconstitutional, attempt at disarming the people, which only violates everybody's rights and makes matters worse.

We effectively control the possession and use of other things, such as cars. If we really want to control firearms, we can do it in exactly the same way.

The Federal Government doesn't even need to be involved. You get a license, which should require written and practical tests focused on knowledge of the law and safe operation, and that license should be updated regularly and can be taken away as prescribed by law (exactly like cars). You have to register your firearm(s), and update their registration regularly, including having your physical possession of them verified (exactly like cars). Proper transfer and disposal could be regulated and verified (exactly like cars). This would keep guns from flowing into the wrong hands.

This could be done by the states, with inter-state cooperation (same as we do with drivers' licenses and car registrations), and the Federal Government could be prohibited from accessing the information in any way whatsoever. The states could regulate access to the information to be used only for firearms-related legal matters, and could push much of the work down to county level (just like we do with cars). Problem solved.

Why hasn't this already been done? Two reasons:
a. Right-wingers aren't going to voluntarily do anything that they perceive as eroding their rights to do what they want to with their firearms.
b. Left-wingers aren't actually interested in reducing "gun violence" (the populist mantra they've got all the lemmings spun up about); they actually just want to take the guns, to grease the skids for heightened authoritarianism, necessary to enforce their egalitarian wet dream on the country.

So that leaves nobody trying to do the obvious, sensible thing.

Also, you're mis-using the word "populous". The word you want is "populace".
_________________
pjp wrote:
I didn't misquote you, I just misunderstood you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big dave
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 0
Location: land of first world problems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will now take this time to point out that gun control is racist. Proponents of gun control are racist. You don't want to be racist do you? So don't support gun control.

Thank you, and have a nice day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum