View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Stupid-Ass Democrats are Stupid Reply with quote

Rangel Says "Millions of Children" Die from Assault Weapons

To all you guys on the left...how can you possibly vote for these people?!
big dave
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those millions of kids are killed by all the guys who have permits to hunt humans.
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? AK-47 is no longer an assault weapon?
Spent
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of when Nancy Pelosi said 500 million americans would lose their jobs if the stimulus wasn't passed.
ratmonkey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rangel's a fucking tool. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't lean left, but I certainly wouldn't vote for that self serving hypocrite.

Let's see... children under 18 make up about 1/4 of the US population which is somewhere around 300 million, so there's about 75 million of them. Assuming millions implies at least 2 million, that's roughly 2.6% of the child aged population. I think people might notice if 2-3 kids out of every hundred was getting shot down with assault rifles... It would be hard to not know someone who's kid was killed. What a dumb-ass. I think I remember that domestic gun murders have been trending in the sub 10K/year range letely, so it would take a looooong time to even hit a million gun murders total, and when you consider that rifle murders make up a relatively small percentage of those gun murders, well... I suppose I'm just kicking a dead horse here.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So fucking brainwashed. So fucking brainwashed they think ironic exaggeration is bona fide. Happens time and again.

Here, the so-called "liberal" twitter echo chamber goes apeshit over an Onion article hundreds of the dumb-asses can't tell is a joke (starting with a couple of the Hollywood fuck-sticks). By now, it's been repeated out of context and has become part of the "fact-based reality" they live in. :roll:
Quote:
Wealthy filmmaker Michael Moore and Rainn Wilson, an actor best known for his role in the American version of "The Office," referenced a parody article at The Onion in tweets on Wednesday, duping a number of their followers, Twitchy reported.

"NRA Sets 1,000 Killed In School Shooting As Amount It Would Take For Them To Reconsider Much Of Anything," Wilson tweeted, without mentioning the source of the article. He did provide a link to it, however.

Twitchy said that if Wilson knows The Onion is a parody site, he's not admitting it.

"[W]ow, just wow. I don't know what else to say. One THOUSAND precious lives need to be wasted first??" one person asked.

"[W]ay to dare America #NRA #really?" added another follower.

"Wow. Guess 900 is just fine," said "Andy C."

"Hard to finish reading it," another person tweeted. "Makes me so angry that people can be so stupid and ignorant. Makes me grateful to be Canadian."

The message has been re-tweeted 127 times.

Some told Wilson that The Onion is a parody site, but to no avail.

http://www.examiner.com/article/rainn-wilson-michael-moore-cite-parody-onion-article-on-nra-liberals-duped
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The road to bankruptcy is...
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol:

Republicans have nothing to be proud of in that regard, except some recent talk.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Stupid-Ass Democrats are Stupid Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
Rangel Says "Millions of Children" Die from Assault Weapons

I am sure most politicians don't really understand numbers. 1 billion? whatever. The problem is that a billion really is hard to understand, so you have to think in relative terms.

Quote:

To all you guys on the left...how can you possibly vote for these people?!

Sometimes the conservatives make it too easy for dimwitted democrats

or

quoi? he might be president?
Darth Marley
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is, while Palin and Cain are indeed uninformed on certain issues, Dems are misinformed about virtually everything.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Marley wrote:
The problem is, while Palin and Cain are indeed uninformed on certain issues, Dems are misinformed about virtually everything.
That's being a bit harsh, don't you think? All we can really confirm is their misinformation wrt what comes out of their mouth.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Darth Marley
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Darth Marley wrote:
That's being a bit harsh, don't you think? All we can really confirm is their misinformation wrt what comes out of their mouth.

Yes, it was a sad display of hyperbole.

So, what are the Dems properly informed about?
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as we know, you'll read it here first!

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008

Last edited by pjp on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely the climate.
Darth Marley
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
Definitely the climate.

No, that was the Weathermen, not the Dems.
eeyrjmr
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how? quite simple. The lies that the right pedal are worse than the lies the left pedal.

Right (Republican'ts).......................................Left
They want lower taxes....................................We have the lowest tax rate since the 1950
They want lower spending..............................We have the lowest spending since 1950
They want smaller government.......................We have the smallest government in 45 years
They want more jobs created.........................We have more jobs created in the last 4 years than the prior 8 years
They want to close the borders.......................We have the all-time lowest illegal border cross in 2010
They want lower social welfare........................We have 17 job bills blocked in 4 years
They want free market Capitalism....................We are fighting Corporate Fascism
They want their country back...........................We want our country forward!

So those voting for the right, why exactly do you? is it so you can have you penis extension, also known as the AR-15?
big dave
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeyrjmr wrote:
how? quite simple. The lies that the right pedal are worse than the lies the left pedal.

They want lower taxes....................................We have the lowest tax rate since the 1950
They want lower spending..............................We have the lowest spending since 1950
They want smaller government.......................We have the smallest government in 45 years
They want more jobs created.........................We have more jobs created in the last 4 years than the prior 8 years
They want to close the borders.......................We have the all-time lowest illegal border cross in 2010
They want lower social welfare........................We have 17 job bills blocked in 4 years
They want free market Capitalism....................We are fighting Corporate Fascism
They want their country back...........................We want our country forward!

So those voting for the right, why exactly do you? is it so you can have you penis extension, also known as the AR-15?

i don't understand what this is... are you saying the stuff on the liberal side is true and the stuff on the conservative side is false?
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is there to not understand? The Democrats have been doing what the Republicans have been complaining about. So, the Republicans should be glad that they have a Democrat President because a Republican President would have not been able to deliver what Republicans wanted. Simple.
big dave
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
What is there to not understand? The Democrats have been doing what the Republicans have been complaining about. So, the Republicans should be glad that they have a Democrat President because a Republican President would have not been able to deliver what Republicans wanted. Simple.

???

the things under the conservative column are political ideologies. most the things under the liberal column are allegations of fact, most which are blatantly false (i.e. obama's government is drastically larger than it was under both bush and clinton) to the grossly misleading (i.e. even liberal biased politifact admits that in the 2011 congress alone, republicans in the house introduced 64 - 143 jobs bills, depending on what you count as a job bill). also, since when is the government bailing out corporate banks and auto manufacturers "fighting corporate fascim?" spending is not the lowest since 1950, either in gross magnitude, or as a percentage of GDP.

moreover, were you in a coma when obama and congressional democrats devalued the US dollar by 70%+? they issued over a trillion new dollars out of thin air in the first bailout, and now they've started doing it again.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeyrjmr wrote:

They just raised the tax rate, so it is higher than it was 4 months ago, Einstein.
The Federal Budget was not 1.7 trillion dollars a year in 1950, Copernicus.
There are more Federal Employees than ever before, Tesla.
The real unemployment rate is around 17%, Hawking.
The Mexicans are staying in Mexico where they at least have a chance of getting a job, Darwin.
Welfare does not work. If it did, there would be no poor, Newton.
The current Administration bailed out Wall Street, to the detriment of Main Street, Galilei.
You had your guy in there for four years, and we only went backward, Curie.

You need to stop using Mad Magazine as your news source.
Darth Marley
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeyrjmr wrote:

I am amazed that those who believe the false claims of the left have the ability to find the "on" button to make it to the Internet in the first place.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything on that list is a lie. Not one of those things is true. Only a hopelessly brainwashed person complete detached from reasonable sources of information could believe such crap.

I started a lengthy post with links to facts disputing each bullet point, bit it occurred to me that anybody so detached from reality that they actually believe the shit eeyrjmr posted is not actually going to seek the truth for themselves. I can only hope he is some 14-year-old or a Moldovian or something, and not a U.S. voter.

In fact, most of those statements in the blue column are close to being the opposite of the truth.

Last edited by Bones McCracker on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Marley
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if liberals are going to provoke me like this, I might be entitled to lash out against them in illegal ways.

But perhaps this is just a clever troll, since they listed the lies of the "left" on the right side of the post.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Marley wrote:
I think that if liberals are going to provoke me like this, I might be entitled to lash out against them in illegal ways.

But perhaps this is just a clever troll, since they listed the lies of the "left" on the right side of the post.

I think it's time that a list of them all be created. Not the moderates, but all these folk so dangerously detached from reality.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Marley wrote:

Hey! :lol:

Don't confuse liberals with authoritarians (or their drones) hijacking the term!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: