Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Corvette Owner Lives by Ducking
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bigun
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Posts: 1961

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Corvette Owner Lives by Ducking Reply with quote

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/18/corvette-driver-escapes-decapitation-in-crash-by-ducking/

*shiver*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 14 Jun 2002
Posts: 1375
Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because he had a good head on his shoulders he still has it there.
_________________
mcgruff wrote:
I can't promise to be civil.


pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big dave
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 0
Location: land of first world problems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BonezTheGoon wrote:
Because he had a good head on his shoulders he still has it there.

i'm really glad the government saved him here. if the government never put him through public school, he never would have been smart enough to do that!

what's that you say? oh, he went to private school? well, if government didn't make the average public school such a fucking dismal train-wreck, then his parents never would have paid the extra $15k+ per semester (on top of taxes) to give the guy enough common sense to duck. government saves the day again!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Closey
n00b
n00b


Joined: 18 May 2003
Posts: 11
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the topic title and the headline of the article quite a few times before realizing it didn't actually say "Corvette Owner Lives by Duckling". Couldn't make sense of it until I read the actual article.

I think I need some sleep. :P

[edit] And of course I manage to botch the spelling on the word I misread.. :lol:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Closey wrote:
I read the topic title and the headline of the article quite a few times before realizing it didn't actually say "Corvette Owner Lives by Duckling". Couldn't make sense of it until I read the actual article.

I think I need some sleep. :P

[edit] And of course I manage to botch the spelling on the word I misread.. :lol:

That's completely quackers.

|<uack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1564
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idiot in this case is the author, who calls decapitation "the worst possible death imaginable".

Now the other question is whether the driver was using his cell phone.
_________________
True Liberals are individualists. Democrats, on the other hand, are authoritarian collectivists.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 757
Location: EU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
The idiot in this case is the author, who calls decapitation "the worst possible death imaginable".

Now the other question is whether the driver was using his cell phone.


Indeed. I imagine decapitation to be rather quick (well, in this case it would be I am sure).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 757
Location: EU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big dave wrote:
BonezTheGoon wrote:
Because he had a good head on his shoulders he still has it there.

i'm really glad the government saved him here. if the government never put him through public school, he never would have been smart enough to do that!

what's that you say? oh, he went to private school? well, if government didn't make the average public school such a fucking dismal train-wreck, then his parents never would have paid the extra $15k+ per semester (on top of taxes) to give the guy enough common sense to duck. government saves the day again!


The article wrote:

What's supposed to prevent a crash like this from becoming lethal is a Mansfield Bar, so named because the low-hanging bar affixed to the rear of semi truck trailers became mandated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration after the death of popular movie actress Jayne Mansfield in 1967 from a rear-end collision with a tractor trailer.

...

Fortunately for this man, the combination of the crash-worthiness of the Corvette, the Mansfield Bar on the truck – and the fact that he had enough wits about him to duck at the last minute – all combined to save his life.


it appears the govt DID save his life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum