Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
wildhorse wrote:
The good news is that the relationship between the USA and the rest of the Americas is just great. There is also no chance that the USA would ever fuck up any country in the world. Yeah!
Now blame Spain. :lol:

What countries have we fucked up? California and Texas? The Philippines? Germany? Italy? Japan? France? Belgium? The Netherlands? South Korea? Kuwait? Iraq?

If you call being a free and democratic sovereign nation with people better off than before, than I suppose yeah, we "fucked them up". Fucked up is what Europeans did to places like the Congo, South Africa, Palestine, Pakistan, Burma, Cuba, Vietnam, etc., etc., etc.
Oh, please, not that pathetic "We brought democracy to Europe" idiocy again. Only a retard believes that.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
well, we couldn't save every country. I am just sorry.

It is also vile that an USAmerican blames a spanish cucumber lover for the wrongdoings of United Fruit.

That was strawberries, from Mexico if I'm thinking of the same case, and therefore by extension also the fault of Spaniards.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildhorse wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
wildhorse wrote:
The good news is that the relationship between the USA and the rest of the Americas is just great. There is also no chance that the USA would ever fuck up any country in the world. Yeah!
Now blame Spain. :lol:

What countries have we fucked up? California and Texas? The Philippines? Germany? Italy? Japan? France? Belgium? The Netherlands? South Korea? Kuwait? Iraq?

If you call being a free and democratic sovereign nation with people better off than before, than I suppose yeah, we "fucked them up". Fucked up is what Europeans did to places like the Congo, South Africa, Palestine, Pakistan, Burma, Cuba, Vietnam, etc., etc., etc.
Oh, please, not that pathetic "We brought democracy to Europe" idiocy again. Only a retard believes that.

Strawman.

I never said we "brought" democracy to Europe. We did, however, leave all its helpless, defeated, and spread-legged countries free, sovereign, and democratic, and we also went up against the Soviet Union for 40 years, at great cost, to keep them that way.

Had we behaved like Europeans, we'd have made foreign territories of them and have our own governors there to this day.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
well, we couldn't save every country. I am just sorry.

It is also vile that an USAmerican blames a spanish cucumber lover for the wrongdoings of United Fruit.

That was strawberries, from Mexico if I'm thinking of the same case, and therefore by extension also the fault of Spaniards.

:D

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture of funny North Koreans, demonstrating an innovative new infantry tactic called "oh, we make-a easy tawget of owaseffs to confuse imperiarist pig-dogs".
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have no gun control. Er ... , are not disciplined marksmen.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Picture of funny North Koreans, demonstrating an innovative new infantry tactic called "oh, we make-a easy tawget of owaseffs to confuse imperiarist pig-dogs".

:lol:

Sights are just for weenies. They target by Juche Feel!
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elite DPRK Special Forces soldier bravely stand up in open when facing enemy because protected by invisibility of special Juche Green camouflage uniform!

Notice brave officer leading charge from front with highly effective assault pistol (sign of officer high status not carry heavy rifle)!

Also, elite North Korean soldier on left eyes not closed; only look that way because Juche Warrior Face!
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's North Korea's army? 8O

The National Guard would waste those guys! :lol:

EDIT: Better watch out for these guys, though; they'd beat even the toughest Marine unit: Picture
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I see there is people being trained and equipped to cause a fratricide incident followed by a cover-up as to whose stupid idea this was.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they don't have to win. They only have to destroy Seoul - and Samsung's facilities to cause the next big world wide economical crisis. And this one will not be 'stabilized' printing more dollars and giving bankers fat bonuses paid with tax money.

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The South Korean Air Force has the ability to strike Pyonyang, within minutes of rockets starting to hit Seoul, and they won't pussy-foot around like the Israelis.

The real threat is the sheer mass of the NKPA. If they were to start heavily shelling Seoul or moving in force across the DMZ, we would not hesitate to interdict that force with tactical nuclear weapons, to prevent the deaths of millions of innocent South Korean civilians.

We might also nuke Pyongyang, because time would be critical in this scenario, Seoul being so close to the DMZ, and we don't have the money any more to maintain a large force in the area to take a more surgical, humanitarian approach to neutralizing their government.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
they don't have to win. They only have to destroy Seoul - and Samsung's facilities to cause the next big world wide economical crisis. And this one will not be 'stabilized' printing more dollars and giving bankers fat bonuses paid with tax money.
On the plus side, SK would eventually recover and we'd no longer have to listen to Northblather.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to confess that I'm a little worried. I don't know that the U.S. will decisively intervene if the North attacks. Not under this president, anyway.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
I have to confess that I'm a little worried. I don't know that the U.S. will decisively intervene if the North attacks. Not under this president, anyway.
Considering how many troops we have in SK, and how many would subsequently die, I think that would deliver an overwhelming political defeat to the Democrats. For more than the next 2 elections.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:

The rules of engagement are already established, although I'm sure all of our presidents have reserved the authority to authorize use of nuclear weapons.

You might be right. He'd probably tell the Combatant Commander "I want you to use drones to stop them, and make sure you have a backup helicopter". :lol:

People have no idea. This would be real war, not these little skirmishes we've been fighting. They've got more artillery massed on the DMZ than has ever been in one place in history, and they adhere strictly to Soviet doctrine of using artillery as the center of mass, and leveling everything in front of the advancing army with it.

Inexperienced in real war and incompetent or not, they've got a shitload of artillery, they got vast numbers of troops, and they've got motivation. They've got a million brainwashed fanatics who grew up dreaming of the day they could take part in a bonzai-style human wave charge like the murals on the museum walls. They've been marinating in Korean war propaganda for more than a generation; the people who know in the backs of their minds it isn't really true are dead. They've grown up looking at posters, cartoons and movies of American GI's laughing with evil grimaces on their depraved faces while pulling the teeth out of little girls for fun, herding pleading families into mass graves, and dropping babies into wells or roasting them on their bayonets, and of heroic North Korean soldiers diving into the enemy trenches with mortar rounds in their hands and defending their helpless civilians (no mention of the fact that they are the ones who invaded and who killed a million South Koreans and abducted hundreds of thousands more).

They've got a hundred thousand special forces prepared to insert behind South Korean lines using gliders, mini-subs, and tunnels. This isn't Iraq we're talking about here; this would be more like the Battle of Stalingrad x10 on steroids and acid but in the worst terrain imaginable and with modern weapons.

If he didn't decisively intervene, history would blame him for the deaths of millions of South Koreans, and the suffering of millions more, and probably whatever the processional effects would be (e.g., World War III, after we give China a chance to tell us not to intervene and mobilize their forces). Rather, I should say history would blame him until the authoritarian collective neo-"liberal" Democrats got done bastardizing it to the point of being a Kim Il Sung -like fairy tale (we can't have the Black Abe Lincoln / Chocolate Che of Change go down in history as a failure).
dmitchell
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah. Nothing is going to happen.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmitchell wrote:

Right. It's not like it's happened before or something. Oh, wait...

I think one can argue it's not our problem, now that we're no longer threatened by Communist expansionism. I honestly don't think "nothing's going to happen" is a valid assessment. Go there to the DMZ for a visit and then let me know what you think.

If countries like the U.S. and the Soviet Union can come to the brink of nuclear war (where a couple of mishaps quite nearly triggered it), then a country as out of touch with reality as North Korea could easily find itself setting off the powder keg there.

They've been pushing it lately. They shelled an island occupied by South Korean people just last year or the year before, and they probably also sunk that South Korean frigate that went down with a giant hole in the side of it that nobody wants to talk about.

They're brainwashed beyond what people living in a free world can fathom or want to think possible.

Last edited by Bones McCracker on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would call a residential village getting shelled "something happening."
dmitchell
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tell me what the North Korean government stands to gain from provoking a war. They know they are bluffing. They will be as belligerent as possible just short of actually starting a major conflict. I expect a few minor incidents of carefully calibrated hostility but if things get too hot they will have to back down. Sure they could go down fighting and take a lot of people with them, but the problem with taking people with you is that you have to go too. Right now they've got it made in the shade; tell me why they would throw it away.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmitchell wrote:
Just tell me what the North Korean government stands to gain from provoking a war. They know they are bluffing. They will be as belligerent as possible just short of actually starting a major conflict. I expect a few minor incidents of carefully calibrated hostility but if things get too hot they will have to back down. Sure they could go down fighting and take a lot of people with them, but the problem with taking people with you is that you have to go too. Right now they've got it made in the shade; tell me why they would throw it away.

Right now they're hungry and poor and believe their country has been cut in half by foreign imperialists. They want their people reunited. They want the fertile rice fields, industrial capacity of the South. They went to war for those things once already, and a half a million of them gave their lives fighting for it. That's similar to U.S. losses in World War II, and we're a much larger country. Another million and half of their civilians died in that war. This was after years of truly abusive occupation by the Imperial Japanese. They want their country back.

The Soviets talked them into belief in Communism and they were the rightful government of Korea, and that the South had been, in effect, invaded by the U.S. They can only relate the U.S. presence in South Korea all these years as being like their occupation under Japan. Through multiple generations of brainwashing, they see us through racist eyes as evil, cruel, depraved violators and debauchers of their family to the South. When you're taught something like that as a child, especially with great emotion, and you never hear even a peep of doubt or disagreement about it, you believe it like a religion.

They also believe they can win. They quite nearly ran us right off the peninsula the last time, and then fought us to a bloody stalemate in a war so intense it deforested the whole peninsula. They've got the rising military power of China at their back. They've got a million man army, who are treated as the cream of their society. They've got enough artillery to turn Seoul into nothing but a charred wasteland, and it's just miles out of range already (the rocket artillery is within range).

They are also scared to death of us, for the same reasons -- they have been demonizing us for decades and we're the bogeyman in the ir closet. Little North Korean children probably have nightmares about The Americans. However, fear and hatred are closely related, and fear can make people desperate, as can hunger. Real, widespread starvation is a recent memory for most adults there, and we're about to tighten down the sanctions again.

It's almost impossible for most Americans to understand their perspective, and therefore dangerous for them to speculate about what North Korea is likely to do or not do, particularly right after a change of leadership when the Generals are probably running the show and just trotting Lil' Kim around for show. Imagine a whole country being run by a bunch of men who are like General Ripper from Dr. Strangelove, or General Mattoon Scott from Seven Days in May, but who are far worse and in their own little echo chamber of reality.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmitchell wrote:
That's great. Until they aren't bluffing.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm, I remember a certain episode with another dehumanized evil empire a couple of years ago.

The USA put some nuclear weapons right up its border and nobody said a thing.

But then evil empire put some rockets close to the USA - and they totally paniced.

Like breaking laws.

Or almost starting a nuclear war, in fear of a nuclear war.

It was the evil empire who said 'fuck this, let them have their little moment, we can always destroy them with the bombs we already have' - and a shit-for-brains, corrupt, lying US president suddenly looked like the greatest states man ever.

It was not 'the evil empire' who was at fault - and it was not the USA and their policies who defused the situation.

Why should NK attack? Blaze of glory?

Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:

Why are they wearing pyjamas? And what's with the funny hats?
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

Why are they wearing pyjamas? And what's with the funny hats?

They pajamas are so you can't see them, and the funny hats are because they're elite.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: