Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[juniper] Gun demands money, shoots baby in face
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: [juniper] Gun demands money, shoots baby in face Reply with quote

Quote:
"He asked me for money and I said I didn't have it," Sherry West, the boy’s mom, told The Associated Press Friday from her apartment, which was scattered with her son's toys and movies. "When you have a baby, you spend all your money on babies. They're expensive. And he kept asking and I just said `I don't have it.' And he said, `Do you want me to kill your baby?' And I said, `No, don't kill my baby!"'

One of the teens allegedly fired four shots, grazing West's ear and striking her in the leg, before he walked around to the stroller and shot the baby in the face.

A pair of teenagers was arrested Friday in the most recent shooting. West had just been to the post office a few blocks from her apartment Thursday morning and was pushing her son, Antonio, in his stroller while they walked past gnarled oak trees and blooming azaleas in the coastal city of Brunswick.

Seventeen-year-old De'Marquis Elkins is charged as an adult with first-degree murder, along with a 14-year-old who was not identified because he is a juvenile, Police Chief Tobe Green said. It wasn't immediately clear whether the boys had attorneys.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/23/georgia-mom-says-teen-told-her-do-want-me-to-kill-your-baby-before-son-fatally/
_________________
Naib wrote:
you need a dick sometimes to deal with the assholes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wouldn't have shot the baby if he didn't have a gun. Simple logic. I don't know why you American fags can't grasp this simple concept.

Banning guns is the only solution.
_________________
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? --Capt Jack Sparrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmitchell
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 1159
Location: Austin, Texas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of a torture painful enough for someone who does such a thing.
_________________
Your argument is invalid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the same quality makes good child soldiers.
_________________
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? --Capt Jack Sparrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Marley
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 105

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
He wouldn't have shot the baby if he didn't have a gun. Simple logic. I don't know why you American fags can't grasp this simple concept.

Banning guns is the only solution.


What if he had a pointed stick?

The suspect's facebook page has a note in the "about me" section that explains him and his fellow colloquial racial epithets will make your block a murder scene.

Also of note,IIRC, the victim identified him from a mug shot. This was not his first crime.
If they gave him the death penalty for the first offense, this would never have happened.
Such a simple concept.

Perhaps you should investigate more complex logic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 656
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Marley wrote:
notageek wrote:
He wouldn't have shot the baby if he didn't have a gun. Simple logic. I don't know why you American fags can't grasp this simple concept.

Banning guns is the only solution.


What if he had a pointed stick?


++


Or a brick, a rock... it's not the tool, but the asshole wielding the tool that is the problem.
_________________
I, for one, am glad to be living on a planet with 776x the mass of the super-massive black hole at the center of the milky way.
auf alten Schiffen lernt man Segeln.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if there was no baby? Then? Then?
_________________
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? --Capt Jack Sparrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 148
Location: Estados Unidos De América

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL USA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big dave
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 0
Location: land of first world problems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
He wouldn't have shot the baby if he didn't have a gun. Simple logic. I don't know why you American fags can't grasp this simple concept.

Banning guns is the only solution.

do you think lockpicking kits should be banned too?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Marley
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 105

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
What if there was no baby? Then? Then?


Then the street thug should be executed for trying to "go hard" in public.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
do you think lockpicking kits should be banned too?


Yes, do that too.
_________________
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? --Capt Jack Sparrow.


Last edited by notageek on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 758
Location: EU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Darth Marley wrote:
notageek wrote:
He wouldn't have shot the baby if he didn't have a gun. Simple logic. I don't know why you American fags can't grasp this simple concept.

Banning guns is the only solution.


What if he had a pointed stick?


++


Or a brick, a rock... it's not the tool, but the asshole wielding the tool that is the problem.


The criminals have voted with their feet. The reason why they don't use rocks/bricks/sticks is because they aren't as effective as an offensive tool. Their go to weapon is a gun; light, easily obtainable, concealable, effective... what's not to like?

dmitchell wrote:
I can't think of a torture painful enough for someone who does such a thing.


Seriously. One is a couple of notches lower than pond scum if one can do that.

I don't understand why have been tagged in the subject. is one implied solution that the women should have been armed?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Marley
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 105

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, torturing sociopaths is worse than being a baby killer?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big dave
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 0
Location: land of first world problems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
Quote:
do you think lockpicking kits should be banned too?


Yes, do that too.

what about libdvdcss and other drm removal tech?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big dave wrote:
notageek wrote:
Quote:
do you think lockpicking kits should be banned too?


Yes, do that too.

what about libdvdcss and other drm removal tech?
That too.
_________________
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? --Capt Jack Sparrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16116
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
Banning guns is the only solution.
The BBC is really rotting your brain. As often as you read, it's probably too late for help.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol: :lol:
_________________
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? --Capt Jack Sparrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
The criminals have voted with their feet. The reason why they don't use rocks/bricks/sticks is because they aren't as effective as an offensive tool. Their go to weapon is a gun; light, easily obtainable, concealable, effective... what's not to like?

Some people cut the hands off thieves, and we shake our heads. But, even they weren't stupid enough to come up with the idea of cutting EVERYBODY's hands off. And before you knee-jerk, yes, guns do have legitimate uses (in fact our Constitution grants us the right to have them for that reason).
juniper wrote:
I don't understand why have been tagged in the subject.

You were tagged because you obsessively focus on the gun, not the crime, criminal, or cause. That's why it said "gun demands money, shoots baby". The gun didn't do that; a man did it.

True to form, you did it here again. This is a guy who would have done exactly the same thing with a knife, a broken bottle or his hands, if he didn't have a gun. The gun isn't the problem; the problem is the man. You're hopeless.
_________________
Naib wrote:
you need a dick sometimes to deal with the assholes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16116
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
obsessively focus[ing] on the gun, not the crime, criminal, or cause. That's why it said "gun demands money, shoots baby". The gun didn't do that; a man did it.

[...] This is a guy who would have done exactly the same thing with a knife, a broken bottle or his hands, if he didn't have a gun. The gun isn't the problem; the problem is the man. You're hopeless.
I really don't understand why people ignore the underlying cause. If they addressed both, that would at least be more understandable. That said, guns do make it easier. But attacking the gun is nothing more than ignorantly trying to sweep the problem under the rug.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? How much harder is it for an 19-year-old man to pick up a baby and smash it to the ground than it is to pull out a gun and shoot it in the face?
_________________
Naib wrote:
you need a dick sometimes to deal with the assholes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16116
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much more difficult IMO. Less so physically than emotionally / psychologically. Not everybody has a gun, yet we don't see many reports where people have actually done what you suggest is just as easy.

It takes a certain kind of "evil" to shoot a baby. It would take something far more nefarious to pick it up and slam it into the ground.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 758
Location: EU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
And before you knee-jerk, yes, guns do have legitimate uses (in fact our Constitution grants us the right to have them for that reason).


Have I claimed otherwise? Self defense comes to mind, as well as hunting.

Quote:

You were tagged because you obsessively focus on the gun, not the crime, criminal, or cause. That's why it said "gun demands money, shoots baby". The gun didn't do that; a man did it.

True to form, you did it here again. This is a guy who would have done exactly the same thing with a knife, a broken bottle or his hands, if he didn't have a gun. The gun isn't the problem; the problem is the man. You're hopeless.


This guy could have had a bottle, but he didn't, probably because a gun is a better offensive weapon, and he's right.

I don't get your point. Guns are legal in Georgia, and some scumbag shot a baby. Does this mean guns are bad? As you point out, this asshole could have killed the baby without a firearm, and you want to conclude guns *aren't* bad. you are right. This lone incident doesn't really say much about the gun debate, except that it is one of 11,000 homicides involving guns.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16116
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
This lone incident doesn't really say much about the gun debate, except that it is one of 11,000 homicides involving guns.
The problem is why is it occurring in the first place. It has nothing to do with guns or the gun debate, yet I can guarantee you the anti-gun crowd will use this as "justification" of why government should further abridge liberty. With no meaningful concern for why it is happening. The availability of guns isn't the cause.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people who own guns should be banned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16116
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol:

That would go a LOOOONG way toward solving the problem of government.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum