How can I avoid computer sleep when CPU is busy
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Premio
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: How can I avoid computer sleep when CPU is busy Reply with quote

Hello I am new to Gentoo, just installled fresh system with Gnome2 and love it.However, I set some power management on my PC so it doesn't consume so much energy when idle. I expected that it won't go sleep when CPU is all the time busy (compiling). So I am looking for some hints or tweaks which would make system decide based on actual CPU usage, not just based on my input via keyboard an mouse, My apologies in advance if this was already spoken somewhere but I really googled for some time and found nothing related. So far I was able to find all I needed thanks to great documentation of Gentoo but this issue makes me sad :roll: 'cause I don't want my computer to run all night when compiling finished after 3 hous in the other hand I want it to finish and dont go sleep when there is still much to do.. (compile) :D
Thank you for understanding
TomWij
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... disable power management ... ; emerge --keep-going ... ; ... enable power management ... ; shutdown -h now
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: