View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: [Bob Woodward] Obama's madness Reply with quote

BOB WOODWARD: Obama Is Showing 'A Kind Of Madness I Haven't Seen In A Long Time'

Quote:
The Washington Post's Bob Woodward ripped into President Barack Obama on "Morning Joe" today, saying he's exhibiting a "kind of madness I haven't seen in a long time" for a decision not to deploy an aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf because of budget concerns.

"Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying, 'Oh, by the way, I can't do this because of some budget document?'" Woodward said.

"Or George W. Bush saying, 'You know, I'm not going to invade Iraq because I can't get the aircraft carriers I need?'" Or even Bill Clinton saying, 'You know, I'm not going to attack Saddam Hussein's intelligence headquarters,' ... because of some budget document?"

The Defense Department said in early February that it would not deploy the U.S.S. Harry Truman to the Persian Gulf, citing budget concerns relating to the looming cuts known as the sequester.

"Under the Constitution, the President is commander-in-chief and employs the force. And so we now have the President going out because of this piece of paper and this agreement. 'I can’t do what I need to do to protect the country,'" Woodward said.

"That’s a kind of madness that I haven't seen in a long time," he said.

Woodward's harsh criticism came after he stirred controversy last weekend by calling out Obama for what he said was "moving the goal posts" on the sequester by requesting that revenue be part of a deal to avert it.

Video included in TFA.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

White House threatens Bob Woodward
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's more of his holding the country hostage, to squeeze more tax money out of the populace and terrorize the people into burdening their children with even more debt and perpetual tax slavery.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
White House threatens Bob Woodward

Typical. They threaten and intimidate any journalist who criticizes the Great Leader. Obama is the new Stalin. Criticize him openly, and you'll get scary, thretening, intimidating phone calls, telling you "you're going to regret this". Your boss will probably get them too.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodward ought to have it printed / displayed in any outlet which has any dignity.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also don't like him pointing out that the budget sequestration was Obama's idea to begin with (now that he's blaming it on Republicans and talking about how evil it is).

Soon, Woodward will have a heart attack, like Breitbart, or be found wandering the streets naked and insane like that guy during the Clinton Administration.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With any luck, maybe Woodward can bring back some from The Obama Family.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?
jonnevers
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for $40 a year you too can have a reagan.com email address. show people how deeply you care about the USian country.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnevers wrote:
for $40 a year you too can have a reagan.com email address. show people how deeply you care about the USian country.

I bet you don't even know who Bob Woodward is. Probably can't even be bothered to find out, or think about what it means in relation to your remark.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
What?
I had a feeling it was too obscure.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
I bet you don't even know who Bob Woodward is.

He's an actor in Deep Throat isn't he. It's got something to do with that film, I think. Wasn't there a scandal called Water Closet or something too? Oh and there's a quote too "Only 'nix can go to China."
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
What?
I had a feeling it was too obscure.

:lol:

Not too far off. The main difference is Obama's unicorn.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
I bet you don't even know who Bob Woodward is.

He's an actor in Deep Throat isn't he. It's got something to do with that film, I think. Wasn't there a scandal called Water Closet or something too? Oh and there's a quote too "Only 'nix can go to China."

Yeah, and he's Polish I think (used to be associated with the Washington Poles or smth).
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god, Obama is mad. Doesn't he know that starting wars, regardless of cost, is the primary purpose of a US president?
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Oh my god, Obama is mad. Doesn't he know that starting wars, regardless of cost, is the primary purpose of a US president?

The soundbite doesn't work very well, does it. :lol:

We know what he was talking about, though. Obama is running around threatening to shut down all the most vital services any given audience cares about, if he is forced to follow through with what he himself agreed to, as though there are no other ways to reduce Federal outlays.

For example, yesterday he claimed he would be forced to let all the illegal immigrants out of jail to run amok rather than be deported. Everybody is laughing or shaking their heads about this asshattery, even Rachel Maddow.

It's $85 billion out of what last year was a total of $3.7 Trillion in Federal outlays (over $2.5 Trillion in revenue). This is not some kind of insanity; this is not even a tourniquet that will stop the bleeding. This isn't even a finger in the dike.

Obama's antics are an absurd red herring to create the impression that there's something wrong with even attempting to make a token gesture at fiscal restraint (which is all this sequester amounts to). How dare anyone try to force him to show even the slightest restraint or reduce, as he has consistently promised, his annual Trillion Dollar Deficit?!

The asshattery and Orwellian illusion-mongering is the "madness".
jonnevers
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/exclusive-the-woodward-sperling-emails-revealed-88226.html

looks like a storm in a teacup. very very threatening...

oh and BK i am aware of who he is. i should've wrapped my original comment in a [slogan/] tag. it wasn't meant to be two distinct sentences, with the second calling into account his sincerity to the betterment of the US of A. other then that i dunno, i hit a raw nerve apparently. are you two bfff's? :lol:
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnevers wrote:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/exclusive-the-woodward-sperling-emails-revealed-88226.html

looks like a storm in a teacup. very very threatening...

oh and BK i am aware of who he is. i should've wrapped my original comment in a [slogan/] tag. it wasn't meant to be two distinct sentences, with the second calling into account his sincerity to the betterment of the US of A. other then that i dunno, i hit a raw nerve apparently. are you two bfff's? :lol:

That link is B.S. He was threatened in a phone call, not an email.

The email is the apology for the phone call, to cover up what was said and create the impression the conversation was not what it was. The revealing part is that he starts right off apologizing for "raising his voice". What business does a White House official have phoning a reporter and yelling at him? Also, repeating the innuendo that "you will regret this" is not lost on anybody. What could that possibly be meant to convey, if not a veiled threat?

Now here they're trying to create the impression that this email was the source of the concern. Woodward talked about the phone call, not this email. Nobody in the Obama Administration is stupid enough to put incriminating stuff in writing. This is the kind of Orwellian bullshit that flies now -- the White House says obviously untrue and misleading things, and lemmings just nod their little heads and go along with it.
jonnevers
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know this link will also be B.S.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/feb/28/bob-woodward-obama-military-sequester
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnevers wrote:
i know this link will also be B.S.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/feb/28/bob-woodward-obama-military-sequester

No, that's a valid point. It's the same point richk449 made a couple posts above, and I would repeat my response to his post here.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They threatened Lanny Davis too.

Quote:
Woodward's Not Alone - Fmr. Clinton Aide Davis Says He Received White House Threat

Bob Woodward isn't the only person who's received threats for airing the Obama administration's dirty laundry. It seems anyone is a potential target of the White House these days - even former senior members of the Clinton administration.

A day after Woodward's claim that a senior White House official had told him he would "regret" writing a column criticizing President Obama's stance on the sequester, Lanny Davis, a longtime close advisor to President Bill Clinton, told WMAL's Mornings on the Mall Thursday he had received similar threats for newspaper columns he had written about Obama in the Washington Times.

Davis told WMAL that his editor, John Solomon, "received a phone call from a senior Obama White House official who didn't like some of my columns, even though I'm a supporter of Obama. I couldn't imagine why this call was made." Davis says the Obama aide told Solomon, "that if he continued to run my columns, he would lose, or his reporters would lose their White House credentials."

Davis says he does not know if the White House official involved in his case is the same one who is alleged to have threatened Woodward, but he says the language used in both cases is very similar. In any case, Davis says his editor, Solomon, was not worried by the threat.

"He didn't take it seriously, because he didn't think that could ever happen. He thought it was bluster," Davis told WMAL. "I called three senior people at the White House, and I said, 'I want this person to be told this can never happen again, and it's inappropriate.' I got a call back from someone who was in the White House saying it will never happen again."

If it did happen again, Davis believes the administration did it to the wrong person.

"Firstly, you don't threaten anyone. Secondly, you don't threaten Bob Woodward," said Davis. "He's one of the best reporters ever. He's factual. You can disagree with facts that he reports, but he's factual. Don't mess with him about his facts. You can mess with him about the interpretation of his facts, but this is not a reporter you tangle with," he added.

Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the President’s Thugs

Quote:
Hey, Bob, you can’t say we didn’t warn you. We knew this White House was capable of attacking even the great Bob Woodward for telling the truth.

You could have listened to Michael Barone. He saw it coming even before Barack Obama was elected. In October 2008, he penned “The Coming Obama Thugocracy.”

I experienced it when DOJ press harpy Tracy Schmaler yelled at a half dozen reporters, as the White House official did to you, about my under-oath testimony involving the New Black Panther dismissal. Her victims included Pete Williams, Quin Hillyer, and Sharyl Attkisson. After Schmaler’s thug tendencies were well known, she was nurtured and promoted within the Thugocracy instead of being canned, as any administration before this one would have done to her — Republican or Democrat.

Schmaler has since been appointed a Made Man of sorts, entering the rarefied private sector air of David Axelrod’s shop.

Schmaler’s story is typical of this gang. Her shouting, threats, and rants at reporters would have rendered her unqualified to serve in the press shop of a state department of agriculture.

But there is something unique about the Obama White House. It borrows tactics and standards from the darker figures in history — threats, projection, unrepentant dishonesty, towering columns in stadiums, and even bloody mayhem like Fast and Furious hatched for political purposes.

Richard Nixon seems like a fluffy kitten compared to this crowd.

Which brings us back to you, Mr. Woodward. What’s happened when you, of all people, are the bad guy?

Had you ventured into any cocktail party in Silver Spring or Takoma Park just a few years ago, you would have been treated like a hero — liberal Washington’s very own version of Pittsburgh Pirate Bill Mazeroski, who with one swing of a bat brought down the reviled Nixon. “Maz” never had to pay for a meal in Pittsburgh after that October afternoon in 1960 when he delivered a World Series.

That used to be you, Bob. But now, you’re the problem!

You, of all people, threatened by a Democrat White House.

And where are your defenders? Where are the new hipster reporters of the left to defend you? Where have all the flowers gone, they used to ask.

But this is serious stuff. When the elder statesman of the industry that guards the First Amendment is threatened by the White House, it marks a dangerous turn.When other “reporters” join in, it is even more dangerous.

Perhaps this will be enough for the usual phalanx of fools at places like Mother Jones, TPM Muckraker, and The Nation to at last wonder if we’ve come full circle back to those days of righteous triumphs in August 1974. Outrage toward abuse of power was so in vogue. Where is the righteous indignation that seized a nation beginning in May 1973?

Maybe it was all a show, Bob.

Did the wave you started have more to do with the “R” after Nixon’s name than principle?

With you, I’d say it was principle. But with the rest of the liberal left, it’s starting to look like poor Dick Nixon got a raw deal compared to this mischief of rats.

Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#StandWithWoodward

Quote:
As Left ramps up campaign to discredit him, others proudly #StandWithWoodward

The Left has been taking pot shots at Bob Woodward for a week over his stance on the sequester, but following Woodward’s claim on CNN tonight that a senior White House official told him he’d “regret” calling out the president on “moving the goal posts,” Obama’s water carriers had to kick into high gear their campaign to discredit Woodward.
jimgeraghty wrote:
Coming spin: "Woodward's strange shift to right-wing talking points risks his reputation as one of the great American journalists," etc.

It didn’t take long for that “coming spin” to arrive.
RBMedia wrote:
Media Matters attacks Bob Woodward, White House threatens Bob Woodward, now all the people he inspired are turning on him. #CultofObama

AG wrote:
Woodward is telling the truth about the Obama Administration? He must be a right-winger now! Why else would a reporter do such a thing??

ChampionCapua wrote:
Remember when the Left believed the Bush WH instead of Bob Woodward? Or any reporter? On anything? Ever? #NopeYouDon't

Erick Erickson wrote:
Going to be interesting to watch the press corps take sides between Bob Woodward and Barack Obama.

Sean Davis wrote:
@EWErickson Older reporters will probably stay mum. Juiceboxers will attack. Slate will run "Watergate rptg. not that impressive" pieces.

Which of the “juiceboxers” will be among the first to stand with the White House? How about Talking Points Memo’s Josh Marshall?
Josh Marshall wrote:
Wow, looks like Woodward is going the full David Mamet/Judy Miller combo. This is gonna be fun to watch

Josh Marshall wrote:
Who goes birther first, Scalia or Woodward?

Make room for Time’s Mike Grunwald — he too stands with “the Obama guy.” We can assume, then, that such a guy exists and Woodward isn’t making this up.
Michael Grunwald wrote:
The Obama guy was right. Woodward will regret this. He already should.

Michael Grunwald wrote:
The official DC-Woodward story is that the hostage-takers are right because Obama came up with the idea of how to pay the ransom.

Michael Grunwald wrote:
"I don't understand this White House," Woodward said. He's right about that.

Anyone else?
Steve Weinstein wrote:
Bob Woodward is senile. Or maybe he is encouraging President Obama to break the law so he can be relevant again with an expose.

Salon.com wrote:
"Bob Woodward has lost it, let's all stop indulging him."

Much more in TFA.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Neolibs, the so-called "truth" and so-called "facts" revolve around whatever reinforces their Messiah worship.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
For the Neolibs, the so-called "truth" and so-called "facts" revolve around whatever reinforces their Messiah worship.

Indeed. It's amazing to watch what cultists they've become.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: