Dept of Compulsory Health Outlaws Pre-existing Conditions
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Dept of Compulsory Health Outlaws Pre-existing Conditions Reply with quote

Quote:
The Commissar for Healthcare Enforcement of the Department of Compulsory Health and Mandatory Human Services has announced that, because of the Party’s successful implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan is no longer seeking new applicants.

At this time, the Commissar has determined that all citizens are now sufficiently covered by State-approved medical services, and there are no more citizens in need.

Citizens are now instructed to have no further medical conditions that require government assistance, and the acquisition of new 'pre-existing conditions' is now forbidden.

Since all citizens are now covered by some type of government-mandated program, there are no longer any ‘pre-existing’ conditions that would disqualify a citizen from coverage.

Workers and peasants of the USSA retain the right to present themselves at any hospital emergency room for immediate treatment, and by law they cannot be refused. This, of course, was law before the new law, but the new law also redistributes the costs of medical coverage through a more elaborated system subject to more government scrutiny, which is expected to improve the quality of healthcare treatment.

As we all know, government oversight improves efficiency and decreases costs. By providing more documentation of services and double-checking the necessity and appropriateness of procedures, the State assures all citizens of equal treatment. No longer will one citizen receive favorable or better service, but all will partake of exactly the same, fair level of treatment.

Citizens, we have seen the Bourgeoisie and Kulaks use their money to purchase better medical treatment than the workers and peasants of the USSA. Comrade Party Chairman and President Barack Barackovich Obama is leading America to a future in which money will no longer buy you better things than what your neighbor has. Yes, we are called to a bright future of complete equality, where money and favoritism will be utterly displaced by the joys of equality!

The Commissar for Healthcare Enforcement will soon begin compulsory collectivization of those citizens who refuse to pay their fair share of the healthcare program. Kulaks will be paying penalties for their excessive hoarding through their refusals to pay into the State-mandated insurance collectives. Please assist the Commissar by denouncing uninsured citizens.

Onward to Victory over the Uninsured!
All loyal citizens participate in medical insurance!

wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still have the correction department's firing squad at your disposal for 'pre-existing conditions'.

LOL USA
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Dept of Compulsory Health Outlaws Pre-existing Condition Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Where does it say that? Very confusing statement. Is it supposed to mean discriminating against pre-existing conditions is outlawed?

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2nd link is where the details are to be found : link
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, but I'm not seeing it. The closest I can find is this:
Quote:
Starting next January 1, insurance companies will no longer be able to turn anyone away because of poor health.

IMO the article doesn't make Obamacare look good, but that's different.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:facepalm:

It says it right at the top of the page. It's the title of the article.

Last edited by Bones McCracker on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: Dept of Compulsory Health Outlaws Pre-existing Condition Reply with quote

Muso wrote:

Quote:
The Commissar for Healthcare Enforcement of the Department of Compulsory Health and Mandatory Human Services has announced that, because of the Party’s successful implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan is no longer seeking new applicants.

At this time, the Commissar has determined that all citizens are now sufficiently covered by State-approved medical services, and there are no more citizens in need.

Citizens are now instructed to have no further medical conditions that require government assistance, and the acquisition of new 'pre-existing conditions' is now forbidden.

Since all citizens are now covered by some type of government-mandated program, there are no longer any ‘pre-existing’ conditions that would disqualify a citizen from coverage.

Workers and peasants of the USSA retain the right to present themselves at any hospital emergency room for immediate treatment, and by law they cannot be refused. This, of course, was law before the new law, but the new law also redistributes the costs of medical coverage through a more elaborated system subject to more government scrutiny, which is expected to improve the quality of healthcare treatment.

As we all know, government oversight improves efficiency and decreases costs. By providing more documentation of services and double-checking the necessity and appropriateness of procedures, the State assures all citizens of equal treatment. No longer will one citizen receive favorable or better service, but all will partake of exactly the same, fair level of treatment.

Citizens, we have seen the Bourgeoisie and Kulaks use their money to purchase better medical treatment than the workers and peasants of the USSA. Comrade Party Chairman and President Barack Barackovich Obama is leading America to a future in which money will no longer buy you better things than what your neighbor has. Yes, we are called to a bright future of complete equality, where money and favoritism will be utterly displaced by the joys of equality!

The Commissar for Healthcare Enforcement will soon begin compulsory collectivization of those citizens who refuse to pay their fair share of the healthcare program. Kulaks will be paying penalties for their excessive hoarding through their refusals to pay into the State-mandated insurance collectives. Please assist the Commissar by denouncing uninsured citizens.

Onward to Victory over the Uninsured!
All loyal citizens participate in medical insurance!

This is excellent. Aside from extraneous English words (such as "the"), it reads like the old Soviet bullshit. :lol:
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:

Uhm, OK. It says it in the title, then fails to demonstrate the claim in the article.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

Uhm, OK. It says it in the title, then fails to demonstrate the claim in the article.

It's a humor website. I think you're taking it a little bit too literally.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't apparent. *shrug*

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Wasn't apparent. *shrug*

So hat-tip to the pseudo-agitprop. The website I took this from is run by a former Soviet agitprop artist who came to the US back in the early 90s. The entire point of the site is to ridicule the US leftists who keep advocating for policies that destroyed the USSR.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why it looks so authentic! :lol:
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
That's why it looks so authentic! :lol:

:lol:

Indeed.

I love the whole idea of "the people's cube". It is the only true PC toy. Women, Asians, Africans, Whites, Males, Maori, The blind, The dead, The paraplegic, The quadriplegic, The rich, The poor, Educators, and even politicians have true equality of results.

Behold! The most PC toy ever!
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so mcgruff.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
That's so mcgruff.

I'm not sure if he'd even get the sarcasm.
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
That's so mcgruff.

I'm not sure if he'd even get the sarcasm.

I think he'd be concerned that the color red is contributing to global warming and entirely miss that there was a toy involved.

pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
The entire point of the site is to ridicule the US leftists who keep advocating for policies that destroyed the USSR.
I didn't notice anything untrue in the article, short of the title. So I don't see how they're achieving their goal.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Muso wrote:
The entire point of the site is to ridicule the US leftists who keep advocating for policies that destroyed the USSR.
I didn't notice anything untrue in the article, short of the title. So I don't see how they're achieving their goal.

By showing that the thinking would not be at all out of place in a U.S.S.R. -style propaganda announcement, they point out the truly left-wing, bureaucratic, authoritarian-collectivist nature of the agenda, in a humorous fashion.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: