Republican't News: US Solar Energy Investment Less Than GR
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eeyrjmr
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Republican't News: US Solar Energy Investment Less Than GR Reply with quote

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/02/07/fox_news_expert_on_solar_energy_germany_gets_a_lot_more_sun_than_we_do_video.html

Quote:

Joshi's jaw-dropping response: "They're a smaller country, and they've got lots of sun. Right? They've got a lot more sun than we do." In case that wasn't clear enough for some viewers, Joshi went on: "The problem is it's a cloudy day and it's raining, you're not gonna have it." Sure, California might get sun now and then, Joshi conceded, "but here on the East Coast, it's just not going to work."

What can you expect from a Republican't-centric broadcaster, reporting at a level akin to fellow can't supporters
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, anyone that watches Fox and thinks they will provide facts gets what they deserve. The National Inquirer has more credible reporting and being a newspaper it doesn't lean into the camera and shout to underline the point. It's still drivel, but at least it's an entertaining while one is pinching off a loaf or two.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind bias so much if it was at least intelligent. This is just embarrassing.

Solar has huge potential in the US. With well-funded research and new ideas like these spinning tops this is the kind of thing that will inject a spark of life back into the economy creating manufacturing jobs, export markets, cheaper energy and - not least - an end game for dangerously polluting fossil fuels.
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
I wouldn't mind bias so much if it was at least intelligent. This is just embarrassing.

Solar has huge potential in the US. With well-funded research and new ideas like these spinning tops this is the kind of thing that will inject a spark of life back into the economy creating manufacturing jobs, export markets, cheaper energy and - not least - an end game for dangerously polluting fossil fuels.

++
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is this 'sun' people talk about?

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
pitcrawler
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox news isn't biased, silly. They simply speak for the Republican party(Actually just the super-rich portion). It would be like calling a presidential candidate biased for voting for himself.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than having a circle-jerk about what some unknown, idiotic reporter blurted, why aren't you guys asking WHY this is true, after four years of a purportedly pro-alternative-energy Democratic presidency, during two years of which they had an overwhelming majority in both houses of legislature, including a trillion-dollar stimulus program Democrats parceled out as they saw fit, and during one year of which the PResident didn't even follow a budget?

But no. This is obviously the fault of Republicans. Oh, and it's the fault of one TV station. Fap-fap-fap. :roll:
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
 -------
|   |   |
 -------
|       |
 -------
|   |   |
 -------
|       |
 -------
|   |   |
 -------
|       |
 -------
|   |   |
 -------
|       |
 -------

I thought you might like to see what an artists rendition of the wall looked like.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: