View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigun
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Sheriffs Nationwide begin rejecting Federal Gun control laws Reply with quote

Too many stories to post, here is a google search

For the uninformed to the US state law enforcement structure, there is a very keen difference between a Sheriff's office and a police jurisdiction. Police are typically appointed by a city council to handle policing of a certain area in the county. A sheriffs office is typically required by the state's constitution and varies state by state and is typically held as the highest form of law enforcement in the county.

That said, I'm glad to see local law enforcement finally getting fed up with this gun control nonsense and putting an abrupt stop to it, post-haste.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Sheriffs Nationwide begin rejecting Federal Gun control Reply with quote

Bigun wrote:
A sheriffs office is typically required by the state's constitution and varies state by state and is typically held as the highest form of law enforcement in the county.
Which is probably why some are trying to eliminate the office of sheriff.

Also, see Oathkeepers.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oathbreakers"?! Holy crap. We're going to need an industrial-sized freezer to store all the cold, dead, trophy hands.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to the Legacy Of Leftism in which they become so passive they stop working, reproducing, and eventually die from dehydration.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bigun
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how much good one liners from Comedy Central will do if and when said person gets mugged or worse.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so sheriffs are allowed to break laws?

how idiotic do you have to be to support something like that?

sheriffs must be those who follow the laws the closest. Everybody else might be free to deviate a bit. But those who are taxed with the burden of enforcement have no right to ignore it. In fact, all those sheriffs should be trialed for high treason.

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
Obama.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama has paid his little lip service to gun control and isn't going to do jack shit.

The Democrats that aren't stupid (including Bill Clinton, while addressing some gathering of high-level Democrat muckity-mucks today or yesterday) have already started telling the others to get off the gun control issue unless they want to get their asses handed to them in the mid-terms again.

He said something like, "Don't make the mistake of looking down your noses at these people or misunderstanding how passionate many people are about this issue. The people pushing this issue come from a very different world than the one these folks live in. I know, because I come from that world too."

So they'll move on to some other issue they won't get shit done about. Today Obama mentioned a couple: climate change (like he's actually going to do something), gay rights, blah blah blah.... same old tired shit he threw under the bus the past four years. I'll tell you what Obama's mission in life is going to be for the next four years, and it's not going to have anything to do with gun control; it's going to be raising taxes, to permanently lock in the spending that's currently piling up as a trillion in new debt each year.

In other words, the crack-whore with the stolen credit card is not only not giving it back, now she wants you to start making regular payments for the charges she's racking up. If guns have any role in that grand scheme of things, its to serve to make you pay.

Last edited by Bones McCracker on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
so sheriffs are allowed to break laws?

sheriffs must be those who follow the laws the closest. Everybody else might be free to deviate a bit. But those who are taxed with the burden of enforcement have no right to ignore it. In fact, all those sheriffs should be trialed for high treason.

It is Obama that should be tried and executed for High Treason for the murder without due process of US citizens Anwar al-Awlaki and his 16 year old son Abdulrahman in a drone strike in Yemen. Both were born in the US.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
so Obama's Department of Justice is allowed to break laws?

law enforcement, particularly at the National level, must be those who follow the laws the closest. Everybody else might be free to deviate a bit. But those who are taxed with the burden of enforcement have no right to ignore it. In fact, all those Obama lackeys and minions of authoritarian abuse of power should be trialed for high treason.

I believe the Obama Administration calls it "selective enforcement", and says there's nothing wrong with it.

Keep in mind the broader issue here is that the Federal government has no authority to do this. Can they specify regulations that control interstate sales of guns? Yes. Can they ban certain types of guns, or tell the states they must submit PreCrime reports on their people to the Federal Police? No. It's a blatant violation of the Constitution, in numerous ways.
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go:

According to Section 9-27.220 of the US Attorneys' Manual:

The attorney for the government should commence or recommend Federal prosecution if he/she believes that the person's conduct constitutes a Federal offense and that the admissible evidence will probably be sufficient to obtain and sustain a conviction, unless, in his/her judgment, prosecution should be declined because:

No substantial Federal interest would be served by prosecution;
The person is subject to effective prosecution in another jurisdiction; or
There exists an adequate non-criminal alternative to prosecution.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, the villain always falls when his minions finally wake up and stop enabling.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bigun
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely off-topic, but now my google search link now includes this very thread as result #3.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Politicians make the law
Courts control the law
Police&sheriffs enforce the law.

Two groups are allowed to make changes and adjustments.

One group isn't.

But hey, I am still waiting for the example of armed citizens protecting their rights. In the USA.

I only know the opposite: armed citizens watching&helping to oppress others and to break your precious 'constitution'.

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Bigun
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
But hey, I am still waiting for the example of armed citizens protecting their rights. In the USA.

I only know the opposite: armed citizens watching&helping to oppress others and to break your precious 'constitution'.

8O

Really?

10 seconds in google
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are crimes not attempts to impose tyranny.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
Politicians make the law
Courts control the law

One group isn't.

You want an example of armed citizens protecting their rights? Just look up Ruby Ridge in the English Wikipedia. Read the entire article.

Your welcome.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruby Ridge is a tragedy created by guns. Without them, the conflict would have been resolved by peaceful means through the legal process. His wife and his son died needlessly because of a wilful refusal to accept lawful authority. You do not have the right to use lethal force to resist arrest.

This is not an example of tyranny. There was no deliberate government policy to persecute or oppress anyone. If anything, it's an example of insurrectionism.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigun wrote:
energyman76b wrote:

8O

Really?

10 seconds in google

beeep. WRONG.

That is just an example - maybe - of violence stopping a crime. A crime that only exists because of excessive gun ownership.

So complete missing the question. But I didn't expect anything else from a gun supporter. With all their empty claims.

Those gun supporters in this forum always claiming that gun ownership prevents the state from oppressing them.

And there is ZERO evidence to back it.

Gun ownership does NOTHING to protect your 'rights'. Not a single shit. NADA.

I have asked it in the past, I ask it again:

where were your precious gun owners when the rights of the japanese americans were stripped away and the people deported into camps? Where was the outcry? Gun owners protecting the rights of these people against the state's oppression?

Oh wait, they were busy supporting it.

energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
Politicians make the law
Courts control the law

One group isn't.

You want an example of armed citizens protecting their rights? Just look up Ruby Ridge in the English Wikipedia. Read the entire article.

Your welcome.

nope just a gun maniac and a situation spinning out of control. Wrong answer. I am sorry.

So when the state came to deport those yellow bastards - how many gun owners showed up to protect them? To protect their rights?

Zero?

Yeah.

Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
just a citizen and a government spinning out of control.

Fixed that one line for you.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
Ruby Ridge is a tragedy created by guns. Without them, the conflict would have been resolved by peaceful means through the legal process. His wife and his son died needlessly because of a wilful refusal to accept lawful authority. You do not have the right to use lethal force to resist arrest.

This is not an example of tyranny. There was no deliberate government policy to persecute or oppress anyone. If anything, it's an example of insurrectionism.

You are an obedient little drone.

Good boy. Mommy and Daddy government might even toss you a bone. It was a steak when they took it from you, so just be thankful.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

False evidence or other mistakes are not evidence of government tyranny. These seem to be individual rather than systemic errors.

Refusing to submit to a lawful arrest is definitely evidence of insurrectionism.

He should have got a good lawyer, gone to court, and defended himself via peaceful, legal means. Even if he'd been incorrectly found guilty of a crime he didn't commit, there is no possible outcome that could have been worse than losing his wife and son.

Guns didn't give him the power to defend his liberty (there was only ever going to be one outcome to a standoff with the FBI). They did give him the power to create a terrible tragedy.
Bigun
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
Bigun wrote:
energyman76b wrote:

8O

Really?

10 seconds in google

beeep. WRONG.

That is just an example - maybe - of violence stopping a crime. A crime that only exists because of excessive gun ownership.

That makes no sense, 0. You asked:

Quote:

I cite examples of citizens using arms (in non-violent ways I might add) to protect their own and other people's rights.

And just to be clear on the definition of rights in the USA:

Declaration of Independence wrote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

But hey, if you just wanna be right, I could just patronize you and just go silent.

Last edited by Bigun on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Woolery on Assault Weapons
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: