[SOLVED]Portage messing up global and local use flags
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudregues
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: [SOLVED]Portage messing up global and local use flags Reply with quote

I was searching for elinks use flags and navigate to this gentoo doc website http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml
Accordingly to it, elinks has four local use flags: bittorrent, finger, gopher and mouse.

But running emerge --pretend --verbose elinks I have a different output from terminal:
Quote:
[ebuild N ] www-client/elinks-0.12_pre5-r2 USE="bzip2 finger gopher gpm ipv6 mouse nls ssl unicode zlib -X -bittorrent -debug -ftp -guile -idn -javascript -lua -nntp -perl -ruby -samba"

I suppose this command list global and local use flags, right? So I ask, how portage can list just the global flags, just local flags or yet the two simultaneously but differentiating them?

[ ]'s

Last edited by rudregues on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
aCOSwt
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could the reading of this thread first help in the understanding of global / local use flags ?
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-946874-highlight-.html
As a consequence of this, portage does not "mess-up global/local use flags" simply because... it just makes no difference. They are nothing else but mute labels which take their particular meaning as part of each particular ebuild.

This particular meaning (The only one you are actually concerned by) can be obtained with : equery uses package_name
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: