Chrome Auto-Reload
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holysword
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Chrome Auto-Reload Reply with quote

Do you know when you open your laptop in a cybercafe, and then you open chrome, expecting to see those pages you left open but didn't have time to check...
And then all of them turn into the cyber cafe's login page. You log in, but there is no way to retrieve the original page you left open.
That is very annoying. Do you guys know any way to avoid that? (chrome is set to start together with my WM).
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is a Chrome feature.
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:

It saves all sorts of stuff if you log into your Google account. Bookmarks, extensions, don't know about history though.
Holysword
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
notageek wrote:

It saves all sorts of stuff if you log into your Google account. Bookmarks, extensions, don't know about history though.

It is not even that what I am referring to. When you open the browser it tries to reopen (and apparentely, refresh) all the pages that were left open in the last session, regardless of being logged in my google account or not. It is the refreshing that screws everything.
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there's an option deep within Chrome that has disabled cache.

Here's the oposite of what you want: http://superuser.com/questions/89809/how-to-force-refresh-without-cache-in-google-chrome

Maybe some clues in there.

Also, pay attention to my username before believing anything I just posted. Thanks.
jonnevers
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holysword wrote:
sikpuppy wrote:
notageek wrote:

It is not even that what I am referring to. When you open the browser it tries to reopen (and apparentely, refresh) all the pages that were left open in the last session, regardless of being logged in my google account or not. It is the refreshing that screws everything.

mmm i thought it only auto-reloaded the active tab ( which is also what FF does ). which doesn't help b/c you still lose that tab.

but i feel your pain, its almost as bad as when im on a proxied wifi network and get redirected to the proxy's login page and it redirects to some default page instead of what i wanted to access to begin with and i have to retype in the address i wanted originally. its just so amatuer.
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
notageek wrote:

There is an option to track history - if switched on it'll log all pages visited, Google History
bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you block the address of the cybercafe so it doesn't automatically load in all your windows. Then you put the cybercafe address in bookmarks and load it in a new tab. Then when you are logged in, you can kill the login tab and then refresh the other tabs. Would that work?

Juniper wrote:
I fail to see the relevance.
Holysword
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bogamol wrote:
What if you block the address of the cybercafe so it doesn't automatically load in all your windows. Then you put the cybercafe address in bookmarks and load it in a new tab. Then when you are logged in, you can kill the login tab and then refresh the other tabs. Would that work?

I'm not sure if I understood it correctly, but if I did, then it would try to refresh all the pages in exactly the same way, but instead of displaying the login page on each of them, it would display the 404 error. Moreover, that aims at solving the problem for one cybercafe, not all/most of them.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: