rrdtool-1.4.7-r1 : Illegal Installation into /usr/local
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remodeat
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: rrdtool-1.4.7-r1 : Illegal Installation into /usr/local Reply with quote

Hello. I recently finished installing a base stage1 install of gentoo on my system, I have had experience with a stage3 install of gentoo as well as other distros as well but I didn't stick around on Gentoo at the time mainly because my skills and knowledge were lacking, A friend of mine and I sought out to get a stage1 install on our systems and I have successfully done so :D So far I am loving how fast everything works, my boot time was cut in half compared to arch and things seem to start faster in general.

I am having a major issue when I try to emerge kde-meta however, regarding rrdtool. Whenever I try to emerge it, I am given an "Illegal installation into /usr/local" error and the emerge quits. This wasn't the first time for me that emerging failed and I was able to fix it either through prior knowledge or having found it on the internet. I can't however seem to find any sort of documentation or posts on this error whatsoever. I temporarily have XFCE with GDM set up in place of KDE/KDM due to my lack of sleep the past couple of days :P I would much rather use KDE instead though. Is there anyone who might have knowledge on what is going wrong? I understand that stage1 is not really supported, but any kind of help at this point would be much appreciated.

/var/tmp/portage/net-analyzer/rrdtool-1.4.7-r1/temp/build.log -> http://pastebin.com/GYi9Hm0K

output of emerge --info -> http://pastebin.com/hXnGH63f
Hu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have USE=lua and rrdtool is detecting and using a Lua installed in /usr/local. This is wrong, and happens to trigger an unrelated sanity check in the Python installation code. Remove the Lua cruft in /usr/local.
Remodeat
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow 8O I have never gotten a reply so fast before!

Yes, lua was the culprit indeed, I manged to fix it and rrdtool now emerges, i figured that it was gonna be something so simple something so simple :?

Thanks a lot though! :D
Hu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remodeat wrote:
Wow 8O I have never gotten a reply so fast before!
Of course you have never gotten such a fast reply. This is your first question! ;) Actually, it is complete chance that I happened to load the forum only a few minutes after you posted, so even accounting for the time spent researching and typing, the overall response seemed fast.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: