texlive-2011 vs. texlive-core
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evoweiss
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: texlive-2011 vs. texlive-core Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm running LaTeX and for some time have been running texlive-core. However, I noticed there was also a texlive-2011 package. What's the difference between the two? Also, is there some way to install the lm fonts? They're preinstalled in the LaTeX distribution (texlive) on my Ubuntu box, but not on my gentoo system.

Best,

Alex
dmpogo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: texlive-2011 vs. texlive-core Reply with quote

evoweiss wrote:
Hi,

I'm running LaTeX and for some time have been running texlive-core. However, I noticed there was also a texlive-2011 package. What's the difference between the two? Also, is there some way to install the lm fonts? They're preinstalled in the LaTeX distribution (texlive) on my Ubuntu box, but not on my gentoo system.

Best,

Alex

texlive-2011 is a meta package, that pulls texlive-core and some other goodies. You do not have to install texlive-2011 if you want to cherry-pick different texlive subpackages, but texlive-core has to be installed in any case.
evoweiss
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: texlive-2011 vs. texlive-core Reply with quote

Hi there,

Many thanks!

Best,

Alex

dmpogo wrote:
evoweiss wrote:
Hi,

Best,

Alex

texlive-2011 is a meta package, that pulls texlive-core and some other goodies. You do not have to install texlive-2011 if you want to cherry-pick different texlive subpackages, but texlive-core has to be installed in any case.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: