Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
VGL error with xauth ( openrc problem? )
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhiakath
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: VGL error with xauth ( openrc problem? ) Reply with quote

Hi there. I've already seen some posts about this, but they're all a few months old, and i haven't found any solution yet.

Before anything else, i already had this working, but i formatted the disk, and reinstalled gentoo, and now it's not working.

the vgl init script hangs while trying to find XAuthority. And, like suggested in other posts here, if i do an echo $XAUTHORITY inside the init script it prints an empty line.
Also, like in those other posts, i do have XAUTHORITY with a correct value both as root, and as my own user.

So, i tried adding a start call at the end of the init script for vgl, and run it like this:

sh /etc/init.d/vgl

and, it complains about estart, but shows a correct XAUTHORITY value on that echo i put there earlier.
if i try to start the vgl service, the value is empty again.

So the value is indeed ok, regarding the script. So I guess the problem mustn't be on the script but on the caller.

Is this script called by openrc, or something? Is it possible openrc is clearing that value?
[ Applications found : 0 ]

-------------------------------------------

I see dead pixels...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: