View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Elitist Hypocrite Reply with quote

Elitist Hypocrite

From the start, the Washington Post starts a strawman. The school where Obama send his kids has armed guards as a rule, this has nothing to do with the secret service. But to expect honesty from the leftist media is like expecting fiscal discipline from politicians.

Quote:
The National Rifle Association released a new video on its Web site Tuesday calling President Obama an “elitist hypocrite” for having Secret Service protection of his daughters at school but saying he was “skeptical” about installing armed guards in all schools.

*video in link*

The NRA’s provocative, 35-second video is as harsh as any attack ad in a political campaign and illustrates how emotionally charged and personal the debate over gun control is becoming.

I'm amazed that anyone still considers the Washington Post to be a credible source.

With the complete dishonesty and bending over for the authoritarians slant of the Washington Post editorial aside, the NRA's video is accurate & scathing.
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama's spawn go to Sidwell Friends School. They have 11 armed guards. He obviously thinks that his kids deserve real security, but he refuses to consider this an option for the rest of us.

I'll say it again, he's a piece of shit.
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
aCOSwt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Elitist Hypocrite Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Quote:
The National Rifle Association released a new video on its Web site Tuesday calling President Obama an “elitist hypocrite”

I thought that "elitist hypocrite" was, in the US, a qualifier reserved to the exclusive intention of the US politicians who can speak French. :?
Oh wait... I get it :
I bet the guards' weapons are manufactured by a company which HQs are based in some French-speaking country... 8O :lol:

On a side note, is the word for word translation from the French "make the weapons speak" meaningful in the US ?
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Elitist Hypocrite Reply with quote

aCOSwt wrote:
Muso wrote:
Quote:
The National Rifle Association released a new video on its Web site Tuesday calling President Obama an “elitist hypocrite”

I thought that "elitist hypocrite" was, in the US, a qualifier reserved to the exclusive intention of the US politicians who can speak French. :?
Oh wait... I get it :
I bet the guards' weapons are manufactured by a company which HQs are based in some French-speaking country... 8O :lol:

Not everything is about you.

But thank you for fulfilling your own strawman ;)
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyperbolic? Maybe

Watch what Obama does tomorrow and think about it.
gerard82
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridiculous.
There was never a president or politician gunned down in The US.
So why would their children need security?
Gerard.
http://www.sysresccd.org/Download
Ahenobarbi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gerard82 wrote:
Ridiculous.
There was never a president or politician gunned down in The US.
So why would their children need security?
Gerard.

Because no non-politician was shot either. And their kids get all the security you could imagine (and some you couldn't).
big dave
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Obama's spawn go to Sidwell Friends School. They have 11 armed guards. He obviously thinks that his kids deserve real security, but he refuses to consider this an option for the rest of us.

I'll say it again, he's a piece of shit.

the 11 armed guards at sidwell are full time guards. that's not counting secret service guards that follow around obama and his kids when they're on campus at sidwell.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are his kids a target? more than the average kid? dunno.
jonnevers
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:

please don't let even an ounce of honest thought take place in this thread! BARRRR OBAMAMAMA SUCKS. lol some people need to get a grip.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:

That's why they have a secret service detail. But the school he sends them to have armed guards (even without Obama's spawn attending). Dick Gregory's kids also go to that school. What they want for their kids is something we shouldn't have (in their own view). The Elitist Hypocrite is the author of that piece, as he's saying the NRA is talking about the secret service detail, which they are not. He knows it to be false, and he doesn't mind spinning the lie to make idiots believe him. And it seems to have worked on some here.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Hyperbolic? Maybe

Watch what Obama does tomorrow and think about it.

He always delivers
jonnevers
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
juniper wrote:

That's why they have a secret service detail. But the school he sends them to have armed guards (even without Obama's spawn attending). Dick Gregory's kids also go to that school. What they want for their kids is something we shouldn't have (in their own view). The Elitist Hypocrite is the author of that piece, as he's saying the NRA is talking about the secret service detail, which they are not. He knows it to be false, and he doesn't mind spinning the lie to make idiots believe him. And it seems to have worked on some here.

WTF is stopping YOU from stepping up and introducing the additional security at the school in which your kids attend? obviously i don't mean doing it yourself but shouldnt the private sector and citizens take up the mantle for this effort? i mean if its such a big freaking deal that you would start name calling ( per the norm of course )....

oh the government should handle it for you?

i don't want to pay for guards at your kid's school.
eeyrjmr
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
juniper wrote:

What they want is something we shouldn't have (in their own view)?

You mean Obama doesn't think there should be armed personnel at schools.

Then explain to me Einstein why in todays announcement concerning gun control did he state he is feeing up law enforcement funds so 1000 new armed police can be hired for schools.

Your believe and reality are again in conflict
YawningAngel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an idea: Politicians don't have to follow every policy they enact. There is no inherent contradiction between having a professional opinion that armed guards aren't necessary in schools and a personal feeling of worry for one's children that's satisfied by sending them to a school with armed guards. The whole idea is nuts anyway.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnevers wrote:

Muso is a libertarian. i think obama is cool with it at private schools but doesn't want the govt to pay for it. wouldn't libertarians like that?

yeah, i guess it seems to me if this is a school for "likely targeted kids" i can see having guards. but I imagine that the kids wouldn't be targeted for assassination, but for kidnapping and ransom. much harder to do than be an armed nut shooting up the place.

Muso 1, Obama 0 (for now)
jonnevers
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
jonnevers wrote:

Muso is a libertarian. i think obama is cool with it at private schools but doesn't want the govt to pay for it. wouldn't libertarians like that?

their hyperbolic rhetoric does not support your initial statement. if your second statement is true then this entire thread is based on chiding Obama for acting in a libertarian manner by a so called "libertarian". right? yes....
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
jonnevers wrote:

yeah, i guess it seems to me if this is a school for "likely targeted kids" i can see having guards. but I imagine that the kids wouldn't be targeted for assassination, but for kidnapping and ransom. much harder to do than be an armed nut shooting up the place.

Muso 1, Obama 0 (for now)

I pay for my daughter's school. So we're back to Juniper, jonnevers, Obama and the eternally confused eeyrjmr at 0.

None of you can quite grasp how the Washington Post attacks an NRA ad falsely. Watch the NRA ad, knowing that school has armed guards, and then think what the Washington Post lied about.
eeyrjmr
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And still your reality distortion field won't let you write "I was wrong" and instead will only permit you to spew that tripe onto my screen.

YOu are aware exactly what Obama pushed through aren't you? How he is freeing up funds for armed guards in schools, yet you state thats what he doesn't want but is a hypocrite for wanting it for his kids; and yet reality is showing that is exactly what he has done.

You see reality is in conflict with your blinkered view of it. You cannot accept or see that Obama has actually done something that is the right thing and instead you twist it into something that does not represent reality so you can accept it.

Thats fine, until you open your mouth and spew that drivel for all to laugh at.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeyrjmr wrote:
And still your reality distortion field won't let you write "I was wrong" and instead will only permit you to spew that tripe onto my screen.

Again, you are so wrong and confused it's getting scary. Watch the NRA video that the Washington Post piece (the bloody OP) references. Understand that Obama's spawn go to a school with armed guards (aside from the secret service detail). Now read the OP article. Notice how the Washington Post is crafting a strawman argument instead of being honest.

After that, you might have 1/10th of a clue.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnevers wrote:
Muso wrote:
juniper wrote:

WTF is stopping YOU from stepping up and introducing the additional security at the school in which your kids attend? obviously i don't mean doing it yourself but shouldnt the private sector and citizens take up the mantle for this effort? i mean if its such a big freaking deal that you would start name calling ( per the norm of course )....

oh the government should handle it for you?

Nobody is suggesting that. They are saying security at schools is the answer to the specific issue of school children being gunned down, and that, therefore, we need not pretend that absurdly irrelevant, ineffective, and indirect measures (such as not permitting people to have pistol-style grips on rifles) are the answer.

Also, in some communities, armed guards are being put in schools, and teachers who volunteer for it are being given sidearms and trained to use them. So saying, "why don't you blah blah let the market blah blah..." is kind of asinine. What you should be saying is "Hey, wait a minute... we don't need populist demagogue authoritarians jumping on the opportunity to grand-stand and slip their authoritarianism an inch deeper in our collective ass; we need to give communities and schools a chance to react to this in a way that makes sense and will actually make a difference."
eeyrjmr
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you are persistant and using more words than logic permits to say "I was wrong" let me help you

Muso wrote:
What they want for their kids is something we shouldn't have (in their own view).

And yet contrary to your distorted view of reality

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/16/obama-on-guns-schools_n_2487509.html
Quote:

According to guidelines released by the White House in advance of Obama's speech Wednesday, schools that want to have armed guards will be supported in that pursuit, but schools won't be pushed to staff them. The plan calls for the creation of 1,000 new "school resource officers," which the White House describes as "specially trained police officers that work in schools," and mental health professionals to "help prevent school crime and student-on-student violence."

now try writing "I was wrong"
it is much shorter, simpler and reduces the stupid look you seem so insistent on wearing
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to be clearer about to whom you are replying.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeyrjmr wrote:
Since you are persistant and using more words than logic permits to say "I was wrong" let me help you

Muso wrote:
What they want for their kids is something we shouldn't have (in their own view).

And yet contrary to your distorted view of reality

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/16/obama-on-guns-schools_n_2487509.html

How convenient. You left out these gigantic nuggets :
Quote:
Obama laid out his support for three gun control provisions -- a ban on assault rifles, a ban on high-capacity magazines and a requirement for background checks at gun shows. He said he hoped to see something passed within a year, despite pushback from the National Rifle Association and similar groups.

The slaughter of children carried out by that lunatic was done with nothing but handguns. Now Obama has already stated that he will never come after your handguns ( Source ). So everything he's proposing now is just an attack on the 2nd amendment. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

As to his position on armed school guards, this is what he said on Meet The Press 12/30/2012 :
Quote:
I am not going to prejudge the recommendations that are given to me, I am skeptical that the only answer is putting more guns in schools, and I think the vast majority of the American people are skeptical that that somehow is going to solve our problem. And, look, here's the bottom line. We're not going to get this done unless the American people decide it's important."

So the NRA produced their video with this Obama quote being the most recent. You seem to have your vag in a twist because Obama changed his position a day after the NRA released their video. The point of this thread, as evidenced by the OP itself, is to show the blatant lies of the Washington Post in how they decided to cover this story. You fell in line, grabbing your own ankles, like they expected.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

at least be honest. that's not what the second amendment said.

Perhaps you should update the document to account for the fact that muskets and cannons are no longer the most powerful weapons.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: