View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Law Review paper has over 500 references. You two didn't read a single one of them before tossing off ignorant, knee-jerk accusations of "trolling".

My dear friends, let me introduce you to a new internet acronym, YAIFSONTOO: your ass is for sitting on not talking out of.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
The Law Review paper has over 500 references. You two didn't read a single one of them before tossing off ignorant, knee-jerk accusations of "trolling".

My dear friends, let me introduce you to a new internet acronym, YAIFSONTOO: your ass is for sitting on not talking out of.

You know, you could always create a new account, with different avatar, and post from a more balanced perspective, and nobody would know that you once believed Obama bullshit.

I mean it's internet, you can have alter egos, when old egos become irrelevant. You don't have to defend your position all the time.

If you need help with choosing new avatar, I can help. 8)
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how many of the references did you follow up...? Is this another YAIFSONTOO situation goin' on here?

Carl Bogus is a serious writer and has been widely praised by left and right for the fairness of his political writings.
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has turned, like, totally Bogus dude.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
mcgruff wrote:

You know, you could always create a new account, with different avatar, and post from a more balanced perspective, and nobody would know that you once believed Obama bullshit.

I mean it's internet, you can have alter egos, when old egos become irrelevant. You don't have to defend your position all the time.

If you need help with choosing new avatar, I can help. 8)

The truly sad thing is he still believes the Obama bullshit.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
The truly sad thing is he still believes the Obama bullshit.

Yeah, he certainly is on that trip :)
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
It wasn't even one of the major reasons for it. This guy is a gun control activist, who, in the days following the last mass shooting incident, wrote multiple letters to Joe Biden telling him what to do and how to do it. He's blowing the significance of what he's found way out of proportion and completely ignoring all of the other dialog that was going on about the subject. With respect to this issue, he's a revisionist.

mcgruff knows it's bullshit, he's just being a troll
I'm not saying otherwise. But many pieces were put into place, or single words here or there changed, to appease people of different opinion. Kind of like how the religious right now likes to claim the country was founded by Jesus Freaks. It wasn't.

But that doesn't stop them from trying to be revisionist. 50's era changes to the Pledge of Allegiance and oor money are two good examples. I don't think you can find a more stupid person than a Jesus Freak (not all believers qualify).

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
I don't think you can find a more stupid person than a Jesus Freak (not all believers qualify).

Suicide bomber wins that contest.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah. A suicide bomber likely took money to help their family and probably thinks they have nothing else to lose. Abortion clinic bomber? Worse IMO.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:

Do you realize that the quote I linked to was from a rather relevant citation in said law review?
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:

It's an old argument that was widely debunked at the time it was made. I've done plenty of reading about the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the 2nd Amendment. I'm familiar with the reasons why the 2nd Amendment was created, and have read numerous original documents pertaining to it.

This article is revisionist propaganda, and you are a propaganda victim. I suggested that you consult other secondary sources pertaining to the creation of the 2nd Amendment, and that you read for yourself the primary sources (as opposed to somebody else's biased third-hand interpretation). Right now, you've got an activist journalist's take on a sensationalist and activist academic's paper, which is in general disagreement with the conclusions of most historians, not to mention the Supreme Court and all its supporting apparatus.

You're either trolling, or you've got Stockholm Syndrome. Or maybe it's both. :roll:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: