Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
obama
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 270

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: obama Reply with quote

so I see a lot of hate against obama on this forum... although I'm not very informed about the current situation in world politics/us politics or whatever, I wonder: what has he done/not done? as far as I know, he tried to establish a general health insurance and then many people said things like: fucking socialism blablabla, I mean, seriously, what then? let the poor people die because they can't afford an operation?
or what do they want? mit romney? seriously...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big dave
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 0
Location: land of first world problems

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: obama Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
so I see a lot of hate against obama on this forum... although I'm not very informed about the current situation in world politics/us politics or whatever, I wonder: what has he done/not done? as far as I know, he tried to establish a general health insurance and then many people said things like: fucking socialism blablabla, I mean, seriously, what then? let the poor people die because they can't afford an operation?
or what do they want? mit romney? seriously...


long list... we could make this into a game... name 1 thing obama has done that's absolutely terrible. i'll start...

he's supposed to be a social liberty freedom loving democrat, but instead of eliminating the worthless TSA, he says that unless you either give your nudes to a high school dropout, or let that punk give you a rub and tug, you can't get on an airplane.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16116
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: obama Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
so I see a lot of hate against obama on this forum... although I'm not very informed [...] seriously...
As you mentioned, it's been covered here a lot, so maybe check out some of that coverage. A little late on the Romney thing.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 270

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: obama Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
LoTeK wrote:
so I see a lot of hate against obama on this forum... although I'm not very informed [...] seriously...
As you mentioned, it's been covered here a lot, so maybe check out some of that coverage. A little late on the Romney thing.


I only mention "the romney thing" because muso said there are not lights at the end of the tunnel because obama was reelected, and the only other candidate was romney... I could have mention any other candidate like a bush, or so...

well, honestly I've better things to do than check out comments on politics, especially if they are not sophisticated.. no offense, I was just a little bit angry about all the negative comments and I wanted to delete my post, but big_dave already answered so it's not possible anymore... if you can, as administrator?? :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16116
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: obama Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
well, honestly I've better things to do than check out comments on politics
lol

We don't delete stuff like that, so we'll just let it fade into the annals of other Obama threads.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 656
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: obama Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
I was just a little bit angry about all the negative comments...


About that piece of shit, Obama?
_________________
I, for one, am glad to be living on a planet with 776x the mass of the super-massive black hole at the center of the milky way.
auf alten Schiffen lernt man Segeln.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he heard you in Hawaii, because he left for Washington. :lol:
_________________
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? --Capt Jack Sparrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 656
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
Maybe he heard you in Hawaii, because he left for Washington. :lol:


He left his wife and kids behind.



Q. What's the opposite of a mensch?
A. Obama.
_________________
I, for one, am glad to be living on a planet with 776x the mass of the super-massive black hole at the center of the milky way.
auf alten Schiffen lernt man Segeln.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru


Joined: 19 Sep 2004
Posts: 456
Location: /US/Illinois

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: obama Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
so I see a lot of hate against obama on this forum... although I'm not very informed about the current situation in world politics/us politics or whatever, I wonder: what has he done/not done? as far as I know, he tried to establish a general health insurance and then many people said things like: fucking socialism blablabla, I mean, seriously, what then? let the poor people die because they can't afford an operation?
or what do they want? mit romney? seriously...
The logic is not strong with this one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has he done or not done? What planet have you been living on for the past four years? :roll:
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmitchell
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 1159
Location: Austin, Texas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who even knows where to begin with this one? I guess the pile of dead children is pretty high up on my list of "problems" with Obama.
_________________
Your argument is invalid.


Last edited by dmitchell on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leyst
n00b
n00b


Joined: 26 Nov 2011
Posts: 0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama is a piece of trash, he knows he can't do anything he promises, yet he just keeps promising away. "CHANGE!", yeah that's what you're going to ask for on the corner with him as a president.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always start hammering away at GW Bush Snr, he's in intensive care. All you would have to say is one down, one to go, and you would start a real flame war. Give it a go and see what happens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 270

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@tylerwylie, whats wrong? Is it not the case that many people in the US don't have a health insurance, because they can't afford one and if they have a serious disease they die?! In most western european countries if someone need an operation he'll have it even if he can't afford it...

@muso, leyst, do you have other thoughts about the topic than "piece of shit"? did you thought about that obama (or any other guy) is not superman and can't just say something and the rest of the world will follow...?! it's always easy to just shout at other people...

@bonekracker, I've lived on planet europa :wink:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, regardless of what stance one has on socialist health care, Obamacare does not solve anything; it's nothing but an unimaginably expensive, politically motivated, bureaucratic cluster-fuck. About the only thing it does achieve is increased authoritarianism, at enormous cost. Most importantly, it fails altogether to address our most pressing health care issue: cost.

Secondly, Obamacare is not even the tip of the Iceberg of Fail that the Obama presidency has been. If you really want to know more, just google this forum for the term "Obama" and spend the next month reading. Nobody's in the mood to recite the onerous litany of Obama lies, broken promises, propaganda, indecision, misguided blunders, and humiliating, narcissistic asininity.
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46


Last edited by Bones McCracker on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 236
Location: The Covered Bridge Capital of Oregon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
In most western european countries if someone need an operation he'll have it even if he can't afford it...

We really need a facepalm emoticon. It is obvious you are lacking any real knowledge on this subject. No one is turned away from hospitals in the US.
_________________
I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 270

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ old school, yes I maybe lack of any knowledge on this subject, I just wrote what I heard, but I also didn't say I know much, consider your very good oscar wilde quote...

@bonekracker, I would like to know and read everything, but unfortunately my time on this strange world is finite and I prefer reading gentoo-stuff on this forum... I assume on all those threads are at least some serious arguments and on the whole internet are many good articles and I could spend 100 years reading, but one main reason I like math/computer science and don't like politics/social science is that it is not subjective and based on emotions/personal interests (mostly in the negative sense) and so on... Of course obama also have to give propaganda speeches and likewise, because our rather poor society works that way...

I just want to know if one of you have an alternative solution, or if you have a president in mind that was rather perfect or near perfect?! and if you believe that the president of the U.S. really have so much control to handle everything... it's not that I want to come up with "the romney thing" again but if you have to say a name, who would you want except obama (and plz don't say everyone :) )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmitchell
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 1159
Location: Austin, Texas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people can't buy health care in the US it is because costs are too high. There are many causes for this. Some of them are stupid things done by the government. Things that restrict the supply of health care; things that herd people into shitty work-based insurance programs; things that restrict competition and innovation in the delivery of health care. You want to know what my solution is? The first step is to stop doing all of these stupid things. Then we can see what happens to health care prices and decide our next move. But guess what? This will never happen. The government is never going to stop doing stupid things that fuck up the health care market. Because a fucked up health care market is good for the government. It means more money and more laws and more power for politicians and bureaucrats.
_________________
Your argument is invalid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 270

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with you and for example in switzerland they regularly exchange good working medicinal equipment with new one and throw the "old" stuff away, because someone makes money with it. I thought that obama is less corrupt/money/power-hungry etc then other and I admit this is only because I like the person obama, or the public person obama, I know from personal experience that such feelings could be truly horribly wrong, but even so I bet guys like Romney, Bush, etc are way more corrupt than obama...
So you would agree with me to substitute the word obama with the word government (or military-industrial-complex or whatever)? Maybe one day it will happen, in a far "star-trek-no-money/capitalism" future...(btw I'm not a socialist or whatever, but as you all know very well there isn't only apple and windows, you can hate them both and use linux :) )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 656
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
I thought that obama is less corrupt/money/power-hungry etc then other and I admit this is only because I like the person obama, or the public person obama, I know from personal experience that such feelings could be truly horribly wrong, but even so I bet guys like Romney, Bush, etc are way more corrupt than obama...


You're a propaganda victim.
_________________
I, for one, am glad to be living on a planet with 776x the mass of the super-massive black hole at the center of the milky way.
auf alten Schiffen lernt man Segeln.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to say exactly this.

Oh, and (@LoTek), yes, Virginia, you are a Socialist.
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16116
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
mensch

✔ Learn something new today.

For some reason, I'd always thought that was a derogatory term.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Untermensch?

Didn't you hear it before?
_________________
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? --Capt Jack Sparrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16116
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Probably. That may be why I thought it was derogatory.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama selects his favorite photographs of himself in 2012.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2254468/Obama-picks-favourite-photos-2012-likes-off.html
_________________
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? --Capt Jack Sparrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum