emacs magit [WORKAROUND]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zagloj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: emacs magit [WORKAROUND] Reply with quote

Hi, I ask here because I think that it is a gentoo related problem. I have installed emacs-24 with these USE flags:
Code:
X Xaw3d alsa dbus gif gpm gtk gzip-el jpeg m17n-lib png svg toolkit-scroll-bars xft xpm -aqua -athena -gconf -hesiod -kerberos -livecd -motif -pax_kernel -sound -source -tiff) 24.1-r1(24)(18:10:06 14/08/12)(X Xaw3d alsa dbus gif gnutls gpm gtk gzip-el imagemagick jpeg m17n-lib png svg toolkit-scroll-bars xft xpm -aqua -athena -games -gconf -gsettings -gtk3 -hesiod -kerberos -libxml2 -livecd -motif -pax_kernel -selinux -sound -source -tiff -wide-int

The problem is that if I use magit from the official website or from the portage, when I do Push to my git it never asks for the password and the process never ends.

In the 'magit-process' buffer it says:
Code:
$ git --no-pager push -v origin master:refs/heads/master
Pushing to https://zagloj@bitbucket.org/zagloj/tesis.git
Password for 'bitbucket.org':

But it never prompts me for the pass. I think that it is a gentoo related issue since I have the same emacs and magit (1.1.1) version both in Arch Linux and Windows XP working without problem asking for the password.

Bye and thanks in advance for reading this.

Last edited by Zagloj on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zagloj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I answer myself, it is not a solution but, if someone finds this problem, I managed to workaround it by installing emacs by hand, not with the ebuild from gentoo repo, then, all works as expected.

Bye and hope this helps ;)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: