suggestion for forum ranks
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: suggestion for forum ranks Reply with quote

Hi,
first I want to clarify that I know that a forum rank doens't say much about the skills of user and that I know that this "ranking system" is more kind of fun than serious, but obviously you (the administrators) have fun with these titles too, otherwise you wouldn't have created them. Moreover I don't take this post very seriously and I'm not offended if you ignore me or disagree with me, so lets begin:

I've googled a bit and found this thread:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-24074.html

IMO the rank guru comes too soon, because a guru is as far as I know some kind of leader or enlightened person. And I don't like this title because it reminds me of sects. :)
So I suggest a title like kernel (as a hint to the military rank), arbitrator (from warhammer :) ), mentor or captain (from starcraft) or maybe monk, (as a "spiritual" replacement for guru)

a more important change should be the replacement of the title advocate, because who want to be an advocate ? :P (I've seen a few user with this title that have quotes as "what the hell am I advocating" in their profile, so maybe I'm not the only one)
it could be replaced with general, high templar :) or agent.

Moreover the title veteran comes maybe a bit to soon, because it's something that you are at the end, isn't it?
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"
666threesixes666
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

templar (hookem horns)
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: suggestion for forum ranks Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
IMO the rank guru comes too soon, because a guru is as far as I know some kind of leader or enlightened person. And I don't like this title because it reminds me of sects. :)

But sects should remind you of homosexuality. Get it? But sects? :P

I think the forum ranks should all be derogatory (to a lesser and lesser degree, as you advance in worthiness). For example,
Gape-Mouthed Moron
Bumbling Idiot
Feckless Dunce
etc.
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But sects should remind you of homosexuality. Get it? But sects? :P

chchch, yeah I get it :lol:

Quote:
I think the forum ranks should all be derogatory (to a lesser and lesser degree, as you advance in worthiness)

good point, like Full Metal Jacket:
Quote:
...If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human fucking beings. You are nothing but unorganized grab-asstic pieces of amphibian shit! ...
:D

But I think your suggestion has an even lesser change to get adopted then mine... :wink:
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: