Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
amarok musicbrainz failing with X Error
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
edward_scott
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 17 Jan 2006
Posts: 134

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: amarok musicbrainz failing with X Error Reply with quote

I noticed today that my amarok is failing to update tags after using musicbrainz to detect tags. From the track details screen I click "Get Tags from MusicBrainz". The search is successful, it finds several results. I select one and click "Update Tags". The MusicBrainz window disappears, but the tags do not update.

I have tried this with a variety of files with a variety of song names and file name in different locations on my local drives. I have write access to all of them. The resulte is the same.

When I start amarok from the command line I see an X Error each time I do this. The same X Error occurs when I click the 'cancel' button instead of the 'Update Tags' button.

Quote:
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
Major opcode: 20 (X_GetProperty)
Resource id: 0x4600154


If I start in debug mode it doesn't seem to give any additional helpful output - it just shows that the search returned successfully - see below.

Any ideas?

Quote:
amarok: BEGIN: void TagDialog::musicbrainzTagger()
amarok: BEGIN: MusicBrainzTagger::MusicBrainzTagger(const Meta::TrackList&, Q$
amarok: BEGIN: void MusicBrainzTagger::init()
amarok: BEGIN: MusicBrainzFinder::MusicBrainzFinder(QObject*, const QStri$
amarok: [MusicBrainzFinder] Initiating MusicBrainz search:
amarok: [MusicBrainzFinder] Host: "musicbrainz.org"
amarok: [MusicBrainzFinder] Port: 80
amarok: [MusicBrainzFinder] Path Prefix: "/ws/1"
amarok: [MusicBrainzFinder] Username: ""
amarok: [MusicBrainzFinder] Password: ""
amarok: END__: MusicBrainzFinder::MusicBrainzFinder(QObject*, const QStri$
amarok: END__: void MusicBrainzTagger::init() [Took: 0s]
amarok: BEGIN: QVariantMap MusicBrainzFinder::guessMetadata(const Meta::Tra$
amarok: [MusicBrainzFinder] Trying to guess metadata from filename: "bea$
amarok: [MusicBrainzFinder] Guessed track info:
amarok: [MusicBrainzFinder] "xesam:author" : "Blur"
amarok: [MusicBrainzFinder] "xesam:title" : "beagle 2"
amarok: END__: QVariantMap MusicBrainzFinder::guessMetadata(const Meta::Tra$
amarok: END__: MusicBrainzTagger::MusicBrainzTagger(const Meta::TrackList&, Q$
amarok: END__: void TagDialog::musicbrainzTagger() [Took: 0.003s]
amarok: BEGIN: void MusicBrainzFinder::sendNewRequest()
amarok: [MusicBrainzFinder] Request sent: "http://musicbrainz.org:80/ws/1/tr$
amarok: END__: void MusicBrainzFinder::sendNewRequest() [Took: 0s]
amarok: BEGIN: void ScanManager::checkForDirectoryChanges()
amarok: BEGIN: void DirWatchJob::setPaused(bool)
amarok: END__: void DirWatchJob::setPaused(bool) [Took: 0s]
amarok: END__: void ScanManager::checkForDirectoryChanges() [Took: 0s]
amarok: BEGIN: void MusicBrainzFinder::gotReply(QNetworkReply*)
amarok: END__: void MusicBrainzFinder::gotReply(QNetworkReply*) [Took: 0.001s]
amarok: BEGIN: virtual void MusicBrainzXmlParser::run()
amarok: END__: virtual void MusicBrainzXmlParser::run() [Took: 0.001s]
amarok: BEGIN: void MusicBrainzFinder::parsingDone(ThreadWeaver::Job*)
amarok: END__: void MusicBrainzFinder::parsingDone(ThreadWeaver::Job*) [Took: 0$
amarok: BEGIN: void MusicBrainzFinder::sendNewRequest()
amarok: [MusicBrainzFinder] Request sent: "http://musicbrainz.org:80/ws/1/re$
amarok: END__: void MusicBrainzFinder::sendNewRequest() [Took: 0s]
amarok: BEGIN: void MusicBrainzFinder::gotReply(QNetworkReply*)
amarok: END__: void MusicBrainzFinder::gotReply(QNetworkReply*) [Took: 0s]
amarok: BEGIN: virtual void MusicBrainzXmlParser::run()
amarok: END__: virtual void MusicBrainzXmlParser::run() [Took: 0s]
amarok: BEGIN: void MusicBrainzFinder::parsingDone(ThreadWeaver::Job*)
amarok: [MusicBrainzFinder] There is no any queued requests. Stopping timer.
amarok: BEGIN: void MusicBrainzTagger::searchDone()
amarok: END__: void MusicBrainzTagger::searchDone() [Took: 0s]
amarok: END__: void MusicBrainzFinder::parsingDone(ThreadWeaver::Job*) [Took: 0$
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
Major opcode: 20 (X_GetProperty)
Resource id: 0x46001a0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 06 Jul 2005
Posts: 5282

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has this always happened or has this started recently? If it's recent, did you do a world update and then this happened?
_________________
Gentoo Studio: http://gentoostudio.org
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gentoostudio
G+: https://plus.google.com/113947758237122861689/posts
Pappy's Kernel Seeds: http://kernel-seeds.org
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
edward_scott
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 17 Jan 2006
Posts: 134

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it used to work, though I don't know exactly when I last saw it work. I am sure it has been more than a month since I last tried, and I have done several world updates in that time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum