Only Java7
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostinspace2011
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Only Java7 Reply with quote

During the installation of a new system I would like to only install the JDK / JVMs for Java 7. Ideally only icedtea would do me fine. However

Code:
emerge -pav dev-java/icedtea

results in :

Quote:
(virtual/jdk-1.6.0-r1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) depends on
(dev-java/icedtea-bin-6.1.11.5-r1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) (runtime)
(virtual/jpeg-0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) (runtime)
(media-libs/libjpeg-turbo-1.2.1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) (runtime)
(virtual/jdk-1.6.0-r1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) (buildtime)

since libjpeg-turbo has java and icedtea-bin has jpeg as use flags. I could most likely configured libjpeg-turbo to not require java and add -java to the package.use file to get around this.

My question is why is it still trying to install Java 6. For some reason, irrespective of which JDK I am installing I always end up getting virtual/jre-1.6.0:1.6 and dev-java/icedtea-bin-6.1.11.5.

Ideally I would like to end up with a system only running dev-java/icedtea-7. Any ideas if this is possible to configure the default JDK to this.

thanks in advance
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am already running a system just with jre-/jdk-1.7. Back in the day I had to manually fix two ebuilds for it to work, which are now in portage. However, a lot of packages in java land still hard-depend on jre-1.6, e.g. hsqldb or commons-dbcp.

For a start, put `<virtual/jre-1.7.0` into your package.mask and portage will inform you about complaining packages.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: