"Tickle Me..." uh make that "Bugger Me Elmo"
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: "Tickle Me..." uh make that "Bugger Me Elmo&q Reply with quote

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) — Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigned from "Sesame Street" on Tuesday amid allegations he sexually abused underage boys, bringing an end to a 28-year career in which he turned the furry red monster into one of the most beloved — and lucrative — characters on TV and in toy stores.

"Personal matters have diverted attention away from the important work 'Sesame Street' is doing and I cannot allow it to go on any longer," the 52-year-old performer said in a statement. "I am deeply sorry to be leaving and am looking forward to resolving these personal matters privately."

His departure came as a 24-year-old college student, Cecil Singleton, sued Clash for more than $5 million Tuesday, accusing the actor of engaging in sexual behavior with him when he was 15. Singleton charged that Clash made a habit of trolling gay chat lines for underage boys and meeting them for sex.

It was the second such allegation in just over a week. On Nov. 12, a man in his 20s said he had sex with Clash at age 16. A day later, though, the young man recanted, saying their relationship was adult and consensual.

Clash was a young puppeteer at "Sesame Street" in the mid-1980s when was assigned a little-used puppet now known as Elmo and turned him into a star, creating his high-pitched voice and child-like personality. Clash also served as the show's senior Muppet coordinator and Muppet captain, winning 23 daytime Emmy awards and one prime-time Emmy.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gBhgpmhRDMQcqvw4Wix9MEdh3Z8w
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the culture of allegation = effective conviction.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If true, he will get a pass, just as did the pedophile from Peter, Paul and Mary.

After all, he is an artiste.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or Roman Polański - if you are a great artist you can drug and rape underage girls and other 'artists' will demand that you get away with it.

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
or Roman Polański - if you are a great artist you can drug and rape underage girls and other 'artists' will demand that you get away with it.

Only if you are a left wing artiste. Conservatives do not get that particular "Get Out of Jail Free" Card.

At least it is that way here in the Land of the Free. Left wingers are expected to behave that way.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If true, seems highly unlikely he'll get a pass. Unless there is a settlement. Of course, it depends on evidence. If nobody comes forth to corroborate, there is unlikely to be any evidence. And without evidence, it equates to little more than slander IMO.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
energyman76b wrote:

Only if you are a left wing artiste. Conservatives do not get that particular "Get Out of Jail Free" Card.

At least it is that way here in the Land of the Free. Left wingers are expected to behave that way.

indeed. When right wing actors support terrorism, fiscal ponzi schemes and do everything to ruin your country they are celebrated presidents...

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: