Utility xinetd and interface
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gert Andersen
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Utility xinetd and interface Reply with quote

Hi.

I have a problem after I have installed and setup a new gentoo as amd64 core 2 system, the problem is that where I on the pc before had a gentoo installed where it used 32bit gentoo install now use a 64bit core 2 install, and it before used interface as eth* now looking and use enp2s0 and the kernel and interface changing on interface and one time have eth0 and NeXT time has enp2s0, the changing back to use eth0.

The really problem is that I using a bbs mailer program there Work with telnet and server of xinetd to control the bbs's port for connections for ifcico, TCP and telnet, the xinetd will then not startup by if have issue with the interface where it like to use eth0 for the interface.
I have to find out where I can change xinetd to use enp2s0 intead of eth0.
My own solutio is 1 or 2 choice.
1. to make gentoo install to use eth0 instead of enp2s0 or
2. get xinetd to use enp2s0 instead of eth0
It is just where in what config file I shall do it.

xinetd is control and start the bbs main ports files for ifcico TCP and telnet by a info file for the ports.

Can someome here help with this.
ct85711
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look here, for easy directions to revert back to the standard naming convention (the eth style). The link is to an arch linux wiki, but, it should work reguardless of distro

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_configuration#Reverting_to_traditional_device_names
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: