Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
I hope you are simply trolling, because the so called "rich" (business owners etc) are the driving force behind job & wealth creation. They not only 'pull their weight', they also pull other people's weight.

Nonsense. They simply satisfy consumer demand. Nothing more. Without consumers they'd be nothing, there'd be no jobs, and there'd be no wealth creation. It's the working people going about their business buying the things they need which creates wealth and drives everything.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
Muso wrote:
I hope you are simply trolling, because the so called "rich" (business owners etc) are the driving force behind job & wealth creation. They not only 'pull their weight', they also pull other people's weight.

Nonsense. They simply satisfy consumer demand. Nothing more.

Thank you. Now I know I can ignore everything you post about economics.
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Thank you. Now I know I can ignore everything you post about economics.

You demonstrate to me a non-trivial economy with rich dudes getting richer without any employees or consumers and I'll eat a turd sandwich.
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, the middle class doesn't have money to spend unless they have employment. And, well, a lot of those "rich" people are businesses filing their taxes as a wealthy individual. It's called pass-through taxation.
big dave
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
Muso wrote:

Nonsense. They simply satisfy consumer demand. Nothing more. Without consumers they'd be nothing, there'd be no jobs, and there'd be no wealth creation. It's the working people going about their business buying the things they need which creates wealth and drives everything.

who writes your paycheck?
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who writes the employers' paychecks? Arguing solely for business interests is like the left hand arguing with the right hand over who does all the work. Balance...
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big dave wrote:
who writes your paycheck?

Who funds your paycheck's current account?

This line of reasoning is like saying because it's a spark-plug igniting the fuel-air mixture, it's therefore that particular spark-plug which powers the car. It's narrow-sighted nonsense.
big dave
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
Who writes the employers' paychecks? Arguing solely for business interests is like the left hand arguing with the right hand over who does all the work. Balance...

please show me where i said there shouldn't be any balance. all i said is that this man doesn't have to employ people, and you can't make him. if obama is re-elected and this guy thinks he can make more profit elsewhere, he will fire people and invest elsewhere.

and there's nothing you can do about it.
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big dave wrote:
mcgruff wrote:

please show me where i said there shouldn't be any balance. all i said is that this man doesn't have to employ people, and you can't make him. if obama is re-elected and this guy thinks he can make more profit elsewhere, he will fire people and invest elsewhere.

And you don't know the French.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big dave wrote:
all i said is that this man doesn't have to employ people, and you can't make him. if obama is re-elected and this guy thinks he can make more profit elsewhere, he will fire people and invest elsewhere.

Apparently the lefties think that slavery should be brought back.
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Bigun
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm of the opinion that he can do what he wants. But honestly, the outcome of an election shouldn't effect who he does and doesn't keep on staff. Policies that do or don't pass, however, should. This is a free country and he can do what he wants, within the federal worker's rights established. IE - anything not based on race, creed, sex, nationality, belief's, etc. But hey, if he wants to fire his staff if Obama get's elected, it's his foot.... let him shoot it.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) he'll be fine.
2) if he fires everyone I am sure it will based on obama getting elected, it will be a stupid decision.
3) what a dickhead.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big dave wrote:
mcgruff wrote:

i said he won't. hot air.
big dave
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigun wrote:
I'm of the opinion that he can do what he wants. But honestly, the outcome of an election shouldn't effect who he does and doesn't keep on staff. Policies that do or don't pass, however, should. This is a free country and he can do what he wants, within the federal worker's rights established. IE - anything not based on race, creed, sex, nationality, belief's, etc. But hey, if he wants to fire his staff if Obama get's elected, it's his foot.... let him shoot it.

he's not firing his staff because obama's is elected... he's firing staff because obama wants to increase corporate tax rates to 60-70% from 30%+
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big dave wrote:
he's not firing his staff because obama's is elected... he's firing staff because obama wants to increase corporate tax rates to 60-70% from 30%+

Where did Obama announce any intentions to increase the corporate tax rate to 60-70%?
big dave
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
big dave wrote:

Where did Obama announce any intentions to increase the corporate tax rate to 60-70%?

he's repeatedly said he'll raise the base corporate rate to 39-44% and AMT to match work earned income rates. most C-corp shareholders (read: virtually all publicly traded stocks) will be paying 60-70% on corporate profit.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big dave wrote:
he's repeatedly said he'll raise the base corporate rate to 39-44% and AMT to match work earned income rates. most C-corp shareholders (read: virtually all publicly traded stocks) will be paying 60-70% on corporate profit.

Where?
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't like social order of the things, start your own company and treat employers differently.
jonnevers
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/12/news/companies/ceo-no-layoffs-raises/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

herp derp derp derp.

instead of layoffs the guy gives more money pieces out.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnevers wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/12/news/companies/ceo-no-layoffs-raises/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

herp derp derp derp.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
jonnevers wrote:

herp derp derp derp.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it sucks to be right. Wait a sec, it doesn't :lol:

hot air, as i said. He would only move, as big dave said, if it is profitable. he was scaring people to vote the way he wants them to vote (1 vote, 1 person?). but in the end, he could be relied upon to be a greedy capitalist.
ratmonkey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big dave wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Effective_Corporate_Tax_Rate_1947-2011_v2.jpg
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A blowhard from the Trump school of windbaggery.
big dave
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratmonkey wrote:
big dave wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Effective_Corporate_Tax_Rate_1947-2011_v2.jpg

the corporation pays 15-25%, and then the shareholder pays another 15-45% making the true corporate tax rate 30-70% depending on how it's structured. it's intellectually bankrupt to only count part of the tab. do you really like doublespeak that much that you need it to try and make a point?
ichbinsisyphos
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus a sales tax of 20% and a income tax of 30%, that's 120%! Damn, no wonder that corporations act up against this insanity!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: