howto stream webcam/ffmpeg to symbian/android/ios phone
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mgiese
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: howto stream webcam/ffmpeg to symbian/android/ios phone Reply with quote

hi there,

i am using ffmpeg/ffserver to stream my uvs webcam to the internet

i succeded with FLV, MPEG1 or MPEG 2. i can watch those stream in windows 7 without any hassle.

but i would really like to check the cam when i am away.

i personnally use an old sony erricson (vivaz not even 2 years old) phone with symbian60/v5.

i tried various players but none of them could play the stream on the fly. the problem seems to be that the players are unable to open streaming content.

so i thought of using an android phone, i tried samsung galaxy beamer, installed two programs which advertised with playing stream content. the thing now is, that the samsung does not play the FLV, MPEG1 or MPEG2 stream either. i could open a mpeg stream as avi file, but i just saw nothing (black screen).

ok, lets take another shoot with ios. i used an iphone4 and tried to open the FLV stream to no avail.

could please someone point me in the right direction ?? i mean how difficult can it be to watch the webcamstream on a mobile, this is 2013 now and i am pretty sure its possible without spending 20 more hours on this issue ...

i would also except a solution to embed the stream in an html document or something.

THANKS a LOT !!!

Ryzen9 7950x ; Geforce1650 ; kernel 6.5 ; XFCE
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: