Portage keeps trying to install already uninstalled packages
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greens
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Portage keeps trying to install already uninstalled packages Reply with quote

I have already uninstalled systemd (which was accidentally installed in the first place) and all of the packages portage says are pulling it in.

Code:

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N     ] sys-apps/systemd-208-r2:0/1  USE="acl filecaps firmware-loader gudev introspection kmod pam policykit tcpd -audit -cryptsetup -doc -gcrypt -http -lzma -python -qrcode (-selinux) {-test} -vanilla -xattr" ABI_X86="(64) (-32) (-x32)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" 0 kB
[ebuild  N     ] sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration-2  0 kB
[ebuild  N     ] virtual/udev-208  USE="gudev introspection kmod (-selinux) -static-libs" ABI_X86="(64) (-32) (-x32)" 0 kB
[ebuild  N     ] virtual/dev-manager-0  0 kB
[ebuild  N     ] gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3.8.6.1  USE="colord cups i18n policykit short-touchpad-timeout udev -debug (-openrc-force) (-packagekit) {-test}" INPUT_DEVICES="-wacom" 0 kB

Total: 5 packages (5 new), Size of downloads: 0 kB

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No] n

Quitting.

I have uninstalled systemd, gentoo-systemd-intergration, gnome-settings-daemon, and virtual/logger. I have set the -systemd USE flag. It STILL keeps saying systemd is scheduled for merge when I try to update, it's really annoying. I have tried adding it into package.mask, and it just complains that I need to take it out.

How can I get it to stop asking me to install these? I don't want them.
houtworm
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Portage keeps trying to install already uninstalled pack Reply with quote

Greens wrote:
I have already uninstalled systemd (which was accidentally installed in the first place) and all of the packages portage says are pulling it in.

I have uninstalled systemd, gentoo-systemd-intergration, gnome-settings-daemon, and virtual/logger. I have set the -systemd USE flag. It STILL keeps saying systemd is

after changing USE flags, run:

Code:
emerge --pretend --newuse --update --deep @world

If you like the output, run the command without --pretend

With equery you can see wich packages depend on what you just removed:

Code:
equery d systemd

for example

Kees
Hu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post the output of emerge --info and the full error text generated as a result of your package.mask entry. That entry should cause Portage to explain why it wants systemd, in addition to stating that the mask forbids having it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: