Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Status update on USA's Homeland Security Fusion Center's...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mardok45
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Status update on USA's Homeland Security Fusion Center's... Reply with quote

For those of you who don't know: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/topsecretamerica/

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/12/10/03/1224226/report-slams-dhs-fusion-centers-no-terrorists-nabbed-civil-rights-violated

So America is, what, 14 trillion dollars in debt and they gave the Homeland Security a blank check for building these "Fusion Centers" and all it accomplished is getting our rights torn up.

EDIT: And to put things in perspective... http://articles.cnn.com/2004-11-01/world/binladen.tape_1_al-jazeera-qaeda-bin?_s=PM:WORLD

I do believe the terrorists are winning.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, the terrorists are winning.

I like how they use "Fusion." I was thinking this had to do with the energy concept.

But 9/11 was just an excuse to never let an emergency go to waste.

Now let's all go reelect Republicans & Democrats, and expect a different outcome.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who didn't know that the terrorists WON [yes I'm calling it sealed and over -- forget your dangling chaffs the results are in and the polls are closed] wasn't paying attention to the fact that post 9/11 life has been completely changed.

That's all that the terrorists really want, to use their tactics to elicit permanent change to our lives, our culture, our freedoms. So they won.

There is almost nothing even approximating "sanity" with regards to "public safety" in the USA now. It's completely turned inside out.

pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
b0nafide
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only post-9/11 person consistently winning anything is Charlie Sheen.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrorists = Communists = British Imperialists = Catholics = Demons = Werewolves = Lions = ...

Or, in the words of late Terence McKenna: "to pierce beyond the veil of cultural illusion".
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BonezTheGoon wrote:
That's all that the terrorists really want, to use their tactics to elicit permanent change to our lives, our culture, our freedoms. So they won.
The changes were already underway, and had been for some time. The terrorists affected a difference of degree, not a difference of kind. I still have a sliver of belief we can still take corrective action.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
The changes were already underway, and had been for some time. The terrorists affected a difference of degree, not a difference of kind. I still have a sliver of belief we can still take corrective action.

I disagree in some areas, and agree in others about the changes having been underway already. I also agree with you that corrective action is still theoretically possible. Given all the localized indicators though I feel that every day that possibility becomes more and more remote as everyone becomes more desensitized and less aware of the insanity. There is already an entire generation of children now that has known only the post 9/11 policy, to them it is as normal as cell-phones and YouTube -- they cannot hardly imagine it any other way.

Honestly I believe that is Obama's biggest failure, not correcting from the knee-jerk reaction that the country had to 9/11. There was a very well written article that someone posted here in OTW about just that concept based in US history, that during a time of conflict there is much knee-jerk policy put into place and then when the next presidency comes in it has always (previous to Obama) reigned things back in to sane levels.

pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jun 1 2006
The Department of Homeland Security decides that New York has "no national monuments or icons" and anti-terrorism funding is reduced by $83 million. Instead, the money is distributed to fly-over states like Nebraska and Kentucky.

source: rotten.com

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: