Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
udev pisses off Linus
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's most troubling is his lack of appreciation for modularity and the architectural principles of Unix / Linux. In fact, I'm not he has any appreciation of architecture at all, and probably little understanding of software engineering concepts.
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2031
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, he does know something. He knows that if you work at Redhat you can force EVERYTHING down everybodies throat.
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
oh, he does know something. He knows that if you work at Redhat you can force EVERYTHING down everybodies throat.

He's paid by Redhat, but does he actually work there? Seems to me as though he lacks adult supervision and has some kind of Prussian narcissistic personality disorder.
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2031
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
oh, he does know something. He knows that if you work at Redhat you can force EVERYTHING down everybodies throat.

He's paid by Redhat, but does he actually work there? Seems to me as though he lacks adult supervision and has some kind of Prussian narcissistic personality disorder.


he fits well with redhat. Screwing others and don't giving a shit is their proud tradition.
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aCOSwt
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Oct 2007
Posts: 2537
Location: Hilbert space

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

szczerb wrote:
aCOSwt wrote:

That way... we would not even need to boot our systems...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splashtop#Splashtop_OS

Like that?

:D
Exactly !
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr.Willy
Guru
Guru


Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Posts: 353
Location: NRW, Germany

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
What's most troubling is his lack of appreciation for modularity and the architectural principles of Unix / Linux.

I often find it surprising (= sad) how few people actually read and/or understood that text.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anon-E-moose
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 2501
Location: Dallas area

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.Willy wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
What's most troubling is his lack of appreciation for modularity and the architectural principles of Unix / Linux.

I often find it surprising (= sad) how few people actually read and/or understood that text.


The whole philosophy of doing things that way seems to be lost on those writing systemd/udev, consolekit/policykit and the previous cluster f**k called hal.
_________________
Asus m5a99fx, FX 8320 - amd64-multilib, 3.15.9-zen, glibc-2.17, gcc-4.7.3-r1, eudev
xorg-server-1.16, openbox w/lxpanel, nouveau, oss4(2010)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That whole Freedesktop.org circus needs adult supervision.
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
b0nafide
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Posts: 165
Location: ~/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At what point does somebody break the news to Poettering that systemd does too many things and needs to be split into individual packages?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PaulBredbury
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Posts: 7310

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ssh! Wait a little longer - we'll see vi/emacs and cron in there shortly. It's all part of the grand plan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulBredbury wrote:
Ssh! Wait a little longer - we'll see vi/emacs and cron in there shortly. It's all part of the grand plan.

More like DBus, Gnome Settings Daemon, Gnome Keyring, Dcron, Zeroconf, Lua, Redhat Directory Server, and Yum.

Oh, and Eclipse, so you have an editor.
_________________
"The accumulation of all power, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands...may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
--James Madison, Federalist 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steveL
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 13 Sep 2006
Posts: 3036
Location: The Peanut Gallery

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Seems to me as though he lacks adult supervision and has some kind of Prussian narcissistic personality disorder.

Yeah, that's the conclusion I'm coming to: he's delusional.
BoneKracker wrote:
Oh, and Eclipse, so you have an editor.

lmao.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keenblade
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Posts: 1085

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
PaulBredbury wrote:
Ssh! Wait a little longer - we'll see vi/emacs and cron in there shortly. It's all part of the grand plan.

More like DBus, Gnome Settings Daemon, Gnome Keyring, Dcron, Zeroconf, Lua, Redhat Directory Server, and Yum.

Oh, and Eclipse, so you have an editor.

Then in their final attempt, they are gonna swallow windows 8 and will depreciate us (linux users).
_________________
Anyway it's all the same at the end...
Need help to get it working: "x-fi surround 5.1"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum