Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Arkansas republican: slavery was a blessing for blacks
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 758
Location: EU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Arkansas republican: slavery was a blessing for blacks Reply with quote

it's the daily mail, so who knows what's really going on, but the article is here

Quote:

In Hubbard's, he writes that African Americans must 'understand that even while in the throes of slavery, their lives as Americans are likely much better than they ever would have enjoyed living in sub-Saharan Africa.'


He forgot to mention that while most immigrants today had to pay there way to get here, they got a free trip!

now, i hate to fuel the liberal media conspiracy theory, but why is this coming out today. this pundits book was published in 2009.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets be absolutely honest, if there were no slavery, there wouldn't be Barack Obama. America's first black president.
_________________
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? --Capt Jack Sparrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nomilieu
n00b
n00b


Joined: 22 Nov 2011
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even better: http://www.examiner.com/article/republican-encourages-death-penalty-for-rebellious-children

(I'm not trying to talk shit about Republicans by posting this, but this guy is a total dipshit. Trust me. Not every Arkansan is so feeble-minded.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 758
Location: EU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arkansas. weird.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 147

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomilieu wrote:
I'm not trying to talk shit about Republicans by posting this


No need to apologise. The bizarre and extreme opinions lurking within the rape-ublican party need to be exposed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16113
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this matters, why? Why not discuss the sitting president's views as they relate to his religious leaders and social circles. Way more relevant than some nobody from Arkansas.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 656
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Arkansas republican: slavery was a blessing for blacks Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
He forgot to mention that while most immigrants today had to pay there way to get here, they got a free trip!


:lol: :lol: :lol:
_________________
http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/
auf alten Schiffen lernt man Segeln.
YOU'RE NOT A LIBERAL!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 758
Location: EU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
And this matters, why? Why not discuss the sitting president's views as they relate to his religious leaders and social circles. Way more relevant than some nobody from Arkansas.


it is irrelevant for the topic your propose, but there are other threads for that. stay on topic!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nomilieu
n00b
n00b


Joined: 22 Nov 2011
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
No need to apologise. The bizarre and extreme opinions lurking within the rape-ublican party need to be exposed.

Maybe, but I wouldn't want to give the impression of being an Obama supporter.

@pjp: At least for my post, Obama doesn't support state-sanctioned execution of disobedient children. Even if the person in question is a nobody, it's still hilarious to see such nutjobs running for public office.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 758
Location: EU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomilieu wrote:
mcgruff wrote:
No need to apologise. The bizarre and extreme opinions lurking within the rape-ublican party need to be exposed.

Maybe, but I wouldn't want to give the impression of being an Obama supporter.

@pjp: At least for my post, Obama doesn't support state-sanctioned execution of disobedient children. Even if the person in question is a nobody, it's still hilarious to see such nutjobs running for public office.


that is hilarious. but it's SCARY that they get elected!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum