View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waffel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: gnome-shell crash with radeon r300 gallium Reply with quote

Hi,

after installing the new systemd and gnome3 packages, I followed all official guides.

Now I can use gdm and start to login into gnome 3. I can see the intial screen and can start some applications (like calender from menu, logout screen, ...) but most of the applications give me a black window (with border), for example gnome-terminal or the settings application.

If I click on the "Activity" menu, I get a complet screen refresh (blank and then back to normal screen). The next click on the activity screen creates an complete gnome-shell crash (which is also logged by the kernel ... I can have a look with 'journalctl -k and see the gnome-shell segmentation fault entry).

I'am using a ATI readeon mobility card based on r300. After an hint in gentoo IRC, I have removed flgrx (because with flgrx also gdm always crashed) and using now the xorg opengl driver. The mesa driver is set to "gallium" for r300 and software.

'glxinfo' says, no direct rendering (but this is ok I guess ... because X11 is now responsible for this) but also says I have a running renderer. So I guess I have running 3d support

glxgears are very slow

startx check works fine (with xterm). (no errors by Xorg.0.log or gdm logfiles)

My kernel (or tty) also using dri and I have a fbdev tty environment. All modules seem to loaded correct.

I have no idea how to check why:

- the windows of nearly all applications in gnome-shell are "black"
- gnome-shell segfault after clicking "Activity"menu
- gnome-flashback always crash
- glxgears are so slow (12 frames or something like this)

Thanks,

waffel
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: