Tweaking a bitmap font render height?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bssteph
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Tweaking a bitmap font render height? Reply with quote

I use Terminus in my shells because it's a great font. However, it renders a bit short in general, to the point that while fonts in its own family are fine, renders coming from other fonts (e.g. CJK glyphs, unicode ellipses, etc.) are too "tall" and thus get cropped off. I've uploaded an example of how Terminus 9 renders for me in Konsole:

http://www.incorporeal.org/~bss/scratch/terminus-rendering.png

If you look, you can see the tail of the g and p get cut off in that Amazon link, thanks to the fact that the line has a unicode character in it, which throws off the line height and crops things. The lines below it, g and p are fully drawn non-cropped. You can also see some Japanese text getting cropped fairly egregiously.

So my question is, is there any way to manipulate either how the font renders, or the font itself, to give it a bit more vertical whitespace and have everything fit right?
bssteph
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, on further analysis, it looks like Terminus + unicode glyphs renders how I want in urxvt and gvim. Nothing is cropped, Japanese text is downscaled to fit. So the question is, what is KDE/Qt doing differently?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: